This is why we want a new AD

untjim1995

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Most people just walk the F away, Mark. Like over 6k a game did last year for football.

Don't try to scapegoat Denny for having the guts to publicly talk about problems inside this AD and the lies told by Rick Villarreal. 

I think a lot of you will be shocked by football attendance numbers this fall.

Deservingly so, yes. However, the names we are bringing into Apogee paired with the excitement of a new coach/offense will offset attendance numbers for the better. 

7 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Most people just walk the F away, Mark. Like over 6k a game did last year for football.

Don't try to scapegoat Denny for having the guts to publicly talk about problems inside this AD and the lies told by Rick Villarreal. 

I think a lot of you will be shocked by football attendance numbers this fall.

Yet you continue to pound away with your broken record.  Once more you miss the point, but that is fairly common for you these days.  I was not discussing the person's negativity, but rather the lack of balance from the reporter in this article.  If he was going to seek the negative ex-donor, might he have also quoted one of our more current donors to balance it out a bit?  That was the point, Mike.  Sorry you completely missed its.  

And, one must wonder how a reporter for a college paper in  Denton wound up quoting a disgruntled ex-donor in San Antonio.  Really, not much wonder about it I guess. Seems pretty obvious really.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

34 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Yet you continue to pound away with your broken record.  Once more you miss the point, but that is fairly common for you these days.  I was not discussing the person's negativity, but rather the lack of balance from the reporter in this article.  If he was going to seek the negative ex-donor, might he have also quoted one of our more current donors to balance it out a bit?  That was the point, Mike.  Sorry you completely missed its.  

And, one must wonder how a reporter for a college paper in  Denton wound up quoting a disgruntled ex-donor in San Antonio.  Really, not much wonder about it I guess. Seems pretty obvious really.

He isn't an "ex donor." He still gives $500 a year according to the article and has club seats. 

Another attempt to marginalize him. Nice. 

15 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

"When asked about the declining basketball numbers, Villarreal pointed to a sinking national average in basketball attendance. But an NCAA report shows last season’s national totals were actually higher than the previous season and was also the eighth highest attendance total in NCAA history."

Either he's smoking something really good, or they must not yet have Google on his computer. 

He riffs. He tells lies that benefit his position. Tulsa, basketball attendance, Northern Arizona, etc, etc. 

The man has a problem with the truth. And that is very concerning.

13 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

So we go back to October and pull an article.  Priceless.

Keep fishing in stale saltwater clowns.  

Hey joke, you just want it, and us, to go away so you can play with your toy. Kind of like a 2 year old.

Dont worry. You and your buddies have bought off Sidway to prevent future occurances, right? Wasn't that your implication in a post a couple of days ago? You know "Sidway now works for the Mean Green Network" or some such?

#yourmanloveforRVisallajoke

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

56 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

We'll stop pounding away on our broken record when RV stops pounding on his. There are no quotes from the "other side" because the 17 wouldn't lower themselves to speak with a college paper. Never thought I'd miss the vision of Craig Helwig.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Deservingly so, yes. However, the names we are bringing into Apogee paired with the excitement of a new coach/offense will offset attendance numbers for the better. 

Especially if the new staff can beat SMU. They are also not a good team and if we start out with a couple of home wins attendance will rise, not to historically high levels, but being better than last season is an extremely low bar to hurdle.

15 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

"When asked about the declining basketball numbers, Villarreal pointed to a sinking national average in basketball attendance. But an NCAA report shows last season’s national totals were actually higher than the previous season and was also the eighth highest attendance total in NCAA history."

Either he's smoking something really good, or they must not yet have Google on his computer. 

Meanwhile, some piss ant school out in Orange County that doesn't even have football is enjoying all-time high attendance.  The fourth consecutive year of 20+ wins isn't hurting.

k1djchc.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Especially if the new staff can beat SMU. They are also not a good team and if we start out with a couple of home wins attendance will rise, not to historically high levels, but being better than last season is an extremely low bar to hurdle.

Pray that Butt Cookman doesn't spring a little surprise on us!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

Rick needs to go plain and simple. He's been there too long and our dismal record in sports has a direct reflection of his decisions off the field. Good news, we have good facilities, location and a large student body. We need to take advantage of this now, with a new direction and new leadership.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, That_Guy_Arlo said:

I've typically stayed away from the regular anti-RV rants that happen on this site, but that article was downright infuriating to read. I don't even care too much that the article is from Oct, it's the offseason and the situation hasn't changed at all for the better.

You are right, nothing has changed.   Since October, we haven't hired a new football coach, with a new coaching staff, signed a 5th year senior quarterback, signed the TWO TIME STATE OF OKLAHOMA PLAYER OF THE YEAR, defeated top 25 (and still in the top 25) Oklahoma in womens basketball, defeated top 25 Baylor twice in womens softball, completed a dedicated state of the art golf practice facility...........

Yeah nothing has changed since October 29th.

I pose this question, Who is the bigger idiot?  The guy who continues to donate money because he believes that he is making a difference in a university, and the lives of young men and women who attend that university? 

Or a guy that rants that because one person is still employed, that makes everything else and everyone else a failure, yet he still continues to support with the minimum financial commitment he can to keep his tickets?

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 12

5 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

You are right, nothing has changed.   Since October, we haven't hired a new football coach, with a new coaching staff, signed a 5th year senior quarterback, signed the TWO TIME STATE OF OKLAHOMA PLAYER OF THE YEAR, defeated top 25 (and still in the top 25) Oklahoma in womens basketball, defeated top 25 Baylor twice in womens softball, completed a dedicated state of the art golf practice facility...........

I pose this question, Who is the bigger idiot?  The guy who continues to donate money because he believes that he is making a difference in a university, and the lives of young men and women who attend that university? 

Or a guy that rants that because one person is still employed, that makes everything else and everyone else a failure, yet he still continues to support with the minimum financial commitment he can to keep his tickets?

#itsallajoke

Nothing has changed a la basketball... It has all but been confirmed that we suck in that too. 

16 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

#itsallajoke

People are walking away from club seats. Plain and Simple.

Pardon me if I don't celebrate the signing of a skinny QB whose only other offers were to play FCS football. That's Dan McCarney recruiting. Stop trying to spin it as anything else.

We hired a coach whose only coaching experience is as a P5 assistant and whose record as a head coach is 0-0. And that hire, according to you (at this time. I'm sure that will change if this is another failed hire) was made by Rick Villarreal. Awe inspiring, I tell you. 

You want to make a difference in kids lives? Give them the chance to be a winner in college athletics. Hold your close personal friend accountable for not doing his job. Because you choose Rick Villarreal EVERY time over those young men of which you claim to be so supportive.

And it's not just me. I'm just very vocal here. People are walking the F away in droves. Wake the F up.

7 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

You still communicating with your new friend Ernie?  I understand he has given you an open invitation to sit with him during any game.

Personal manipulation through privelege. 

Be strong, young Ben.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

As soon as they walk away, they will be filled.  You wake the f up.  You don't have a clue whether Litrell will win or not, nor do I have a clue.  But when he is, enjoy trying to re up on those sold out club seats.  (LOL)   I am not the only one who is gladly renewing and extending a commitment, I am just the only one that chooses to be vocal.

And instead of saying "fly's shoelaces sticking out of rv's rear because that how far in there is he is"  why don't you just interject my name from now on and say "David Anderson's shoelaces sticking out of rv's rear......etc."

Because that is how personal you are making this Mr Peace Officer.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

You still communicating with your new friend Ernie?  I understand he has given you an open invitation to sit with him during any game.

Good for you Ben! I hope you can talk to Ernie and express your concerns. But, please be willing to listen to him as well. That's how things actually get done, open communication. Blind screaming on a single subject can work, but usually it just lowers the overall respect level of those involved. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Since October, we haven't hired a new football coach

Well, yeah, I mean I'd hope that we'd at least hire a new football coach between Oct and now since we fired our last one. Not really worth celebrating.

26 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

signed a 5th year senior quarterback

Woooooooo! One year of eligibility!! #oneanddone

TWO TIME STATE OF OKLAHOMA PLAYER OF THE YEAR

WOW!!! THE ADDITION OF CAPS MEANS THERE IS NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER THAT THIS GUY WILL ABSOLUTELY SUCCEED AT THE FBS LEVEL

defeated top 25 (and still in the top 25) Oklahoma in womens basketball

That's great and all but I'd appreciate having a winning record within the last 8 years.

32 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

defeated top 25 Baylor twice in womens softball

Aiight, that ain't bad. Go softball.

32 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

completed a dedicated state of the art golf practice facility

K. Cool.

33 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Lol. What a ridiculous statement. I'd claim that neither are idiots, because I can understand where both sides are coming from, and I can't blame someone for not wanting to keep throwing money into a program that has been going downhill for the last few years with an AD that keeps lying to the fanbase.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

As soon as they walk away, they will be filled.  You wake the f up.  You don't have a clue whether Litrell will win or not, nor do I have a clue.  But when he is, enjoy trying to re up on those sold out club seats.  (LOL)   I am not the only one who is gladly renewing and extending a commitment, I am just the only one that chooses to be vocal.

And instead of saying "fly's shoelaces sticking out of rv's rear because that how far in there is he is"  why don't you just interject my name from now on and say "David Anderson's shoelaces sticking out of rv's rear......etc."

Because that is how personal you are making this Mr Peace Officer.

Peace Officer? Juuuuuust a bit outside. I'm guessing another stab at intimidation? Ok.

Look at RV's record with major sports hires. Watch RV lie to the fan base. Over and over again. And you don't care, at least that's the way you post on here. Telling fans they don't matter. 

It seems the shoelace joke has hit a nerve. Good. 

If you seriously believe anyone is going to fill the mid and upper level club seats after 1-11 and Portland St 66 UNT 7 just because we hired some assistant no one has ever heard of, you have to have been hitting the K2. This certainly is #allajoke. Those seats have never reached the sold out level, and if your little buddy would release the sales numbers, I'd bet they are about half sold currently. 

Just a really stupid move by a really stupid AD whose skill seems to be manipulating those who spend the most on a bad product.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

22 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Good for you Ben! I hope you can talk to Ernie and express your concerns. But, please be willing to listen to him as well. That's how things actually get done, open communication. Blind screaming on a single subject can work, but usually it just lowers the overall respect level of those involved. 

If you think Ernie gives one crap about anything Ben has to say, you are living in a fantasy world. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Fly, people aren't buying the "things are changing" line anymore. We've heard it at every turn for RV's reign here.

We hired Dodge, things are changing.

We built Apogee, things are changing.

We got into CUSA, things are changing.

We hired Mac, things are changing.

We got Brock Berglund, things are changing.

We hired Petersen, things are changing.

We won a bowl, things are changing.

We extended Mac, things are changing.

We built a BB practice facility, things are changing.

MBB beat Creighton, things are changing....

So forgive me when after listening to the diarrhea of the mouth from the likes of RV and McCarney that I don't believe anybody when they say things are changing.

Edited by GRN-WHT
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2