Club Seat Renewals

UNT90

Received a letter in the mail from the athletic department:

Silver (cheapest) club seats: $300 MGC donation per seat.

mid level club seats: $400 MGC donation per seat

top level: $500 MGC donation per seat. 

This is a $50 per seat bump in Mean Green Club donation level for the silver level seat holders. I don't know what the bump is, if any, to the mid and top level holders.

i also don't know if the per seat thing is new. I only have 2 seats, so it doesn't affect me that much. If someone does know, please post. 

I still think the smart thing to do would have been not to raise prices at all, but this bump may allow me to keep the seats for one more year in the hopes that Littrell is the real deal and RV decides to finally leave UNT. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Per seat thing is new this year.

The bump actually depends upon the number of seats.  For me, with two in the next level up from you, it amounts to a &150.00 bump per seat as I have two...old min. for me...like you was $500.00...now my minimum is $800.00.  So, $300 more per year for my two seats.  It is no biggie for me as I donate well over the minimum each year already, and in fact, increased my donation level to the next level up this year.  So, I was covered already.  For some it will most definitely be an increase...especially for those folks with more than two seats.  A few, however, will actually see a decrease in their required minimum...hopefully, they will stay at $500, but some could drop to $400 or even $300.  Thus, up to $200 decrease for them.

But, I do think the letter puts to bed the concept of re-shuffling seats based on priority points in the Club Level.  My letter said, and I quote..."This letter signifies that you have fulfilled your Apogee Stadium pledge and now hold the rights to purchase your club seats in perpetuity."

I plan on keeping this letter just in case someone has the bright idea to try to shuffle seats based on priority points some years down the line.  Ha!  Now, I guess it's time for me to purchase my tickets as this donation level thing has now been settled.

No change in required MGC donation level for seats in the lower bowl, but since the Club level seating has gone to a per seat donation, anyone think that this might not be coming as soon as next season for the bowl level seat holders?  I have ZERO info on that, but seems to me would be likely to follow.  WE will see soon enough I suppose.  Just glad the Club Seat thing has been settled.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Per seat thing is new this year.

The bump actually depends upon the number of seats.  For me, with two in the next level up from you, it amounts to a &150.00 bump per seat as I have two...old min. for me...like you was $500.00...now my minimum is $800.00.  So, $300 more per year for my two seats.  It is no biggie for me as I donate well over the minimum each year already, and in fact, increased my donation level to the next level up this year.  So, I was covered already.  For some it will most definitely be an increase...especially for those folks with more than two seats.  A few, however, will actually see a decrease in their required minimum...hopefully, they will stay at $500, but some could drop to $400 or even $300.  Thus, up to $200 decrease for them.

But, I do think the letter puts to bed the concept of re-shuffling seats based on priority points in the Club Level.  My letter said, and I quote..."This letter signifies that you have fulfilled your Apogee Stadium pledge and now hold the rights to purchase your club seats in perpetuity."

I plan on keeping this letter just in case someone has the bright idea to try to shuffle seats based on priority points some years down the line.  Ha!  Now, I guess it's time for me to purchase my tickets as this donation level thing has now been settled.

No change in required MGC donation level for seats in the lower bowl, but since the Club level seating has gone to a per seat donation, anyone think that this might not be coming as soon as next season for the bowl level seat holders?  I have ZERO info on that, but seems to me would be likely to follow.  WE will see soon enough I suppose.  Just glad the Club Seat thing has been settled.

Again, I would hope they would hold off on that until they actual put at least an average product on the field. 

As for the prices increasing on mid and high level club seat holders of multiple club seats, I think this is particularly dim witted, as those are the areas where they still have club seats for sale. If they couldn't sell them after the HOD bowl, they dang sure aren't going to be able to sell them after 1-11 and Portland St 66 UNT 7.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

16 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

What happens when UNT hosts a conference title game? Do STH get right of first refusal or is it donors roulette?

Good question.  I would hope Club Seat holders get right of first refusal as would our season ticket holders....especially should the Mean Green be participating.  If not, I doubt that a majority of our Club Seat holders or regular season ticket holders would care.  I. Know I would be 50-50 on attending and it would depend on weather forecast and whatever else may be going on that day.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Good question.  I would hope Club Seat holders get right of first refusal as would our season ticket holders....especially should the Mean Green be participating.  If not, I doubt that a majority of our Club Seat holders or regular season ticket holders would care.  I. Know I would be 50-50 on attending and it would depend on weather forecast and whatever else may be going on that day.

We would have to be participating in the conference title game for it to be played at Apogee, correct?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think it's a fair increase, and have communicated that while I'm not subject to it for a period of time, I may voluntarily increase to that level...if they get their ticket office shit together.  My beef has never been with wins and losses, but in basic operations.  

To clarify, for those of us still under initial capital contribution (I bought my own seats beginning January 2014), so long as our initial capital gift is still in effect, we have no change in our required minimum of $500.

• Upvote 2

On February 20, 2016 at 3:05 PM, UNT90 said:

Again, I would hope they would hold off on that until they actual put at least an average product on the field. 

As for the prices increasing on mid and high level club seat holders of multiple club seats, I think this is particularly dim witted, as those are the areas where they still have club seats for sale. If they couldn't sell them after the HOD bowl, they dang sure aren't going to be able to sell them after 1-11 and Portland St 66 UNT 7.

Well you do have an additional game this year...

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Against an FCS.

That may kick UNT's ass.

I think all the FCS crap is signed through 2019, and was inked before Mac got the boot.  Bethune Cookman, Lamar, Abilene Christian, and Incarnate Word, right?

Hopefully, we'll play out these four games and move on from the nonsense.  Hopefully.  

I still maintain that was a Mac thing, not an RV thing.  We never had FCS at Fouts.  At least not in the three years I sat watching the oracle pull defeats from the jaws of victory each week.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I think all the FCS crap is signed through 2019, and was inked before Mac got the boot.  Bethune Cookman, Lamar, Abilene Christian, and Incarnate Word, right?

Hopefully, we'll play out these four games and move on from the nonsense.  Hopefully.  

I still maintain that was a Mac thing, not an RV thing.  We never had FCS at Fouts.  At least not in the three years I sat watching the oracle pull defeats from the jaws of victory each week.

Don't buy that line from the folks selling it. This wasn't Mac's grand plan, it is RV's. Those same folks may try and tell you UNT booked 2 whore games with Iowa because of Mac... Except those games were signed 2 years before Mac was hired. 

And that first Iowa game last year made the second whore game on 2015 and made us have only 5 home games. But, hey, less work for RV and Fly and his buddies got to go to a Big 10 venue. 

This is what Fly and the like do for their little buddy. They blame everything on former employees of UNT, but only after they have left, and they do it to protect a terrible AD that allows them a play toy called UNT athletics. 

It's a really odd dance on the grave of the departed.

Don't fall for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Just sayin'.  We didn't play FCS until Mac got here.

We had to buy games in 2012, 2013, and 2015 because of terrible scheduling decisions made long before Mac was hired 

Just look at last year. Iowa was scheduled in 2009 and Tennessee long before that. If UNT doesn't  buy an FCS, they are left with 4 home games. 

2012's schedule was set before the 2010 season, other than finding an FCS. 

2013 also set before Mac's hire, with just one last home game to fill. UNT lucked into Idaho. 

All of those issues were pre-Mac. If UNT didn't buy games in those years, they would have had two 4 home game seasons and one 5 home game season. 

That was the only option, and was decided long before Mac's arrival.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Keep the FCS on the schedule. I know it's not favorable for some, but it is a bought win that we as a program need. And yes I understand that last years drubbing on homecoming came to the hands of an FCS. That is an outlier and more than likely will not happen. Whatever we do we do not need to fill the FCS void with another P5. So, we need to be careful what we ask for because I know the people that make decisions or at least influence them lurk o this board. Let's not give those folks any ideas. Keep the FCS intact and 2 G5's. The last OOC, which is currently being used as a body bag game, can be our slack in the schedule. Or at least that is what I hope. I hope that the P5 beating can be taken off the schedule every other year and we can fill that void with an appeasing game every couple years or every 3 years. SMU & Army/Navy/Air Force can stay on the schedule as home & home's forever as far as I'm concerned. Or at least for the foreseeable future. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So, we need to be careful what we ask for because I know the people that make decisions or at least influence them lurk o this board. Let's not give those folks any ideas.

You've already said too much. The guys who influence the people who influence the decision makers read this and they've forwarded it along. The wheel's in motion and there is nothing left we can do to stop the turning, Ben!

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Finally done!  Had my "conversation" with the Mean Green Club folks and have now renewed my season tickets.  Easy!  Done deal.  Even though I was already over the new required minimum Mean Green Club donation, I upped it to the next level.  Just seemed like with a new coach and attitude around the program that it was a good time to step up to that next level.  NOW...come on football!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

You've already said too much. The guys who influence the people who influence the decision makers read this and they've forwarded it along. The wheel's in motion and there is nothing left we can do to stop the turning, Ben!

Or is there?  

?

25 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

So as I understand this, my 4 seats moved from a total 500 dollar MGC donation to 1200.  And, considering the fact that I struggled to give the seats away last year.  How do I feel about paying 700 dollars more for this product?

You are funding student athletes scholarships, that is what the mean green club commitment does.  You are helping kids get an education that might otherwise not be able. Some of you guys act like this money is going in to a bonus pool that evil sith lords chop up somewhere 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

35 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

You are funding student athletes scholarships, that is what the mean green club commitment does.  You are helping kids get an education that might otherwise not be able. Some of you guys act like this money is going in to a bonus pool that evil sith lords chop up somewhere 

And some of you act like we have the extra $700 to plop down on a crap product that you and the UNT administration have actively worked against fixing.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

• Harry locked this topic