New offensive coordinator Harrell ready to bring “Air Raid” attack to Denton

Skipper

59 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

At the end of the day, I really really really hope a guy who has coached a grand total of 2 years (only one as a position coach) can perform as an FBS offensive coordinator...

we all know that he will be co-oc with littrell... he will probably call the plays though. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, medpilot21 said:

This is the Graham Harrell I remember, and this is the offense he taught the QB's at Washington State. It is also exactly what he will teach the Mean Green QB's here at our beloved North Texas. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold.

GMG

There's some Graham Harrell in here, too:

Like any other offense, it has good and bad days.  It's not magic.  You either have the athletes that can beat the guys on the other side of the ball, or you don't.  Spread offense, wishbone triple option...it doesn't matter.  If you don't have the horses, you don't win the race. 

If we don't get the athletes, we'll look more like 2008 Tech versus OU than 2008 Tech versus A&M...comparatively speaking, of course.  The class we just signed is about identical to what we've signed in the past.  

As I used to say during the Dodge years, we don't exist in a vacuum - the other schools in the conference are also recruiting, coaching, having their players lift weights, running, and studying playbooks and film as well.

So, everyone working hard, all things being equal:  are your athletes better than your opponents' - play in, play out, week after week throughout the season?  That's the question to be answered.

Also, in the OU-Tech video, at about the 5:25 mark, you hope Littrell/Harrell don't have the mindset of throwing with less than a minute left in the half, down by 28 and deep in your own territory.  We've had some bonehead coaches...and, here, Mike Leach shows why he never has, and likely never will, win a championship:  throw, throw, throw, no matter the score or situation.  Stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Is this is a multi-choice answer? If not, this is a trick question. 

Hahahaha! Golden...

38 minutes ago, medpilot21 said:

This is the Graham Harrell I remember, and this is the offense he taught the QB's at Washington State. It is also exactly what he will teach the Mean Green QB's here at our beloved North Texas. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold.

GMG

Now we just need a Michael Crabtree.

19 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

This is coach speak at its finest. Dan McCarneugh used that line as well. 

Not true. I met Coach Littrell and talked to him, the dude is genuine as they come. No BS no coach speak, even Arlington Martin coach Wager echoed what I felt.  He said this is the most relatable staff he has been around. 

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Not true. I met Coach Littrell and talked to him, the dude is genuine as they come. No BS no coach speak, even Arlington Martin coach Wager echoed what I felt.  He said this is the most relatable staff he has been around. 

Yeah, I agree for the most part. But at the end of the day, at the end of the day is coach speak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah, I agree for the most part. But at the end of the day, at the end of the day is coach speak. 

well, at the end of the day Littrell still said that at the coaches clinic which seems to just be a line of his.