Club Seat Holders?

UNT90

16 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Interesting, since we were told to wait for a call for renewals because they couldn't be done yet.

Was the minimum MGC donation requirement raised from $500? 

I kept my donation the same. That is probably why. Hope to upgrade my seats will probably call them next week. For the first time in 10 years did not go to a single game last year. I would of cancelled this year if there wasn't a coaching change! GMG

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I kept my donation the same. That is probably why. Hope to upgrade my seats will probably call them next week. For the first time in 10 years did not go to a single game last year. I would of cancelled this year if there wasn't a coaching change! GMG

I think you misunderstand. I was talking about club seats? Unless you are planning on making another stadium donation (seat license fee), you can't upgrade. 

19 minutes ago, THOR said:

Us peons that enjoy the crumbs from tour area got a phone call today about renewing...

Not surprising.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

If they mail a Club Seat renewal form, or the standard email renewal request, I'll just throw it way/delete it.  I'm done spending serious money on RV football.  The only thing I'm good for is walk up tickets.  And that's assuming we're even competitive next season.  I hope Litrell can at least make us competitive.

No one at the ticket office can "sell" this program right now.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, badnewspears said:

Upon asking I was told that they have decided to change the MGC donation from $500 per family to a yet to be decided figure per club seat. Once that number is decided they'll start making contact for renewals. 

Really really really stupid decision with the product they have put on the field the last 2 years. If it is in fact an increase, I would encourage all club seat holders to send an email not only to President Smatresk, but also to members of the BOR and Lee Jackson (if his email isn't super-secret) if you feel this is improper at this time.

I'm sure they don't care, but they at least need to hear from you.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Really really really stupid decision with the product they have put on the field the last 2 years. If it is in fact an increase, I would encourage all club seat holders to send an email not only to President Smatresk, but also to members of the BOR and Lee Jackson (if his email isn't super-secret) if you feel this is improper at this time.

lather, rinse, repeat

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Right now, I am broke.  I was looking for any reason to get out of renewing my club seats this year.  Instead of quietly going off into the night, I thought I would put one more jab at the thing that I love so dearly and sacrificed good hard earned money for, only to be kicked in the crotch on multiple occasions.  If for some reason it looks like Coach Litrell is pulling it together, I will drive up there, walk across the bridge, and find someone with extra tickets so I can get in the stadium.  It wouldn't matter if Hayden Fry or Mean Joe called me and asked me to renew, I just can't afford it right now.

If anything other than this is the case, you need to renew your club seats.  I got a call from Coach Litrell yesterday, and it was nothing like talking to McCarney.  There is a calm about him.  It is not "coach speak".  This staff is going to work their tails off in every aspect of college football.  From recruiting, to practice, to making kids go to class and stay eligible, to game day, I truly believe this is going to be fun and something we all can be proud of.

Forget about Rick Villarreal, the hire has been made, Litrell is our coach.  We have a beautiful stadium, a beautiful area around the stadium for tailgating, and a bright minded driven young coach.  Gram Harrell?  Gram freaking Harrell is our offensive coordinator?  At this point, except for administration of getting you your tickets, football has nothing to do with any decisions made in the athletic directors office for a while. 

So don't jump off the bandwagon now.  I don't really care if only 500 people come to the games, I know at least 150 that will be there, because those are the people that Steve and I are going to drag to our tailgate party and get their asses in various parts of the venue.

You guys need to rub some salve on your butt hurt, stick your chin out there to your buddies at work that make fun of all of us, and tell them to watch out, because it really is going to happen this time.

GO MEAN GREEN

I've seen this post before.

Circa 2007...

Circa 2011...

The problem is that it's becoming extremely hard to believe, especially when the same person that has ran this thing into the ground remains overseeing the athletic department.

And isn't it a convenient excuse for RV if this doesn't go well. "Hey, I didn't have anything to do with this hire. Don't blame me!" Of course, he won't say it, he will have people like you and KRAM out there spreading the good word for him, using phrases like "if you only knew what I knew about that hire." Shanice Stephens anyone? And why are you keeping around an AD that does his job so poorly he has to be cut out of THE major decision of the athletic department?

Literally, only at North Texas.

I think you should care if only 500 people show up. I think that's a very real possibility in November this season. On the bright side, the club level will be a lot thinner this year. Less of us pesky peasants around to upset the applecart.

The dysfunction is so bad throughout this program, I doubt this thing ever gets turned around.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 11

15 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Right now, I am broke.  I was looking for any reason to get out of renewing my club seats this year.  Instead of quietly going off into the night, I thought I would put one more jab at the thing that I love so dearly and sacrificed good hard earned money for, only to be kicked in the crotch on multiple occasions.  If for some reason it looks like Coach Litrell is pulling it together, I will drive up there, walk across the bridge, and find someone with extra tickets so I can get in the stadium.  It wouldn't matter if Hayden Fry or Mean Joe called me and asked me to renew, I just can't afford it right now.

If anything other than this is the case, you need to renew your club seats.  I got a call from Coach Litrell yesterday, and it was nothing like talking to McCarney.  There is a calm about him.  It is not "coach speak".  This staff is going to work their tails off in every aspect of college football.  From recruiting, to practice, to making kids go to class and stay eligible, to game day, I truly believe this is going to be fun and something we all can be proud of.

Forget about Rick Villarreal, the hire has been made, Litrell is our coach.  We have a beautiful stadium, a beautiful area around the stadium for tailgating, and a bright minded driven young coach.  Gram Harrell?  Gram freaking Harrell is our offensive coordinator?  At this point, except for administration of getting you your tickets, football has nothing to do with any decisions made in the athletic directors office for a while. 

So don't jump off the bandwagon now.  I don't really care if only 500 people come to the games, I know at least 150 that will be there, because those are the people that Steve and I are going to drag to our tailgate party and get their asses in various parts of the venue.

You guys need to rub some salve on your butt hurt, stick your chin out there to your buddies at work that make fun of all of us, and tell them to watch out, because it really is going to happen this time.

GO MEAN GREEN

This isn't augmenting your argument in the way you want it to in the eyes of the 'peons'.   Rather, it is re-enforcing UNT90's.

The rest, I agree with.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I've seen this post before.

Circa 2007...

Circa 2011...

The problem is that it's becoming extremely hard to believe, especially when the same person that has ran this thing into the ground remains overseeing the athletic department.

And isn't it a convenient excuse for RV if this doesn't go well. "Hey, I didn't have anything to do with this hire. Don't blame me!" Of course, he won't say it, he will have people like you and KRAM out there spreading the good word for him, using phrases like "if you only knew what I knew about that hire." Shanice Stephens anyone? And why are you keeping around an AD that does his job so poorly he has to be cut out of THE major decision of the athletic department?

Literally, only at North Texas.

I think you should care if only 500 people show up. I think that's a very real possibility in November this season. On the bright side, the club level will be a lot thinner this year. Less of us pesky peasants around to upset the applecart.

The dysfunction is so bad throughout this program, I doubt this thing ever gets turned around.

Lather rinse repeat

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

57 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

If they mail a Club Seat renewal form, or the standard email renewal request, I'll just throw it way/delete it.  I'm done spending serious money on RV football.  The only thing I'm good for is walk up tickets.  And that's assuming we're even competitive next season.  I hope Litrell can at least make us competitive.

No one at the ticket office can "sell" this program right now.

Couldn't agree more, DeepGreen.

Only thing that brings people like us back in the fold is winning OR firing RV. I'm like Littrell a lot, but I don't have much faith for him to get this turned around with the "leadership" that RV provides and the BOR demands of him.

If Littrell does turn it around here, getting us to .500 or better at anytime in the next three years, he will be coaching somewhere else as one of the hottest coaching commodities in college football. I hope he gets that opportunity--he seems like a great guy and a real family man. But it remains to be seen if he can be a head coach that produces wins on the field, not just in the locker room and with the community. Dodge and Mac were great in the locker room and with the community--yet failed miserably here. Unless Littrell can make it happen on the field here, with improved recruiting and an actual college football playbook and strategies, he will unfortunately follow in the footsteps of the coaches before him here. And that will continue to fall on the footsteps of the leadership here--which has proven over and over that they don't know what they are doing...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Don't you think the club seat holders are old enough to make their own decisions?  We all know how you feel, you remind us in every freaking thread, but dragging others down to your level is childish.  You just reinforce the old saying, "Misery loves company."  Why don't you waste some more money and fly a banner?  Better yet, grab a sign and walk the picket line up and down Bonnie Brae.  They probably called all the club seat holders except you hoping you would just go away.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Just be careful what you are asking for (RV to get fired) because you might not like what you ultimately end up with.

You mean hiring a new athletic director at UNT?  Seriously, after 15 years of losing in the three major sports, and what, only four winning seasons in football, how bad of a new hire could the BOR possibly make?

And for the record, I really hope Littrell is successful at UNT.  I'll be pulling for him.  But what happens after one or two successful seasons, someone will come along and hire him away.  Then we're faced RV making the next hire.  And his hiring has not been the best.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Don't you think the club seat holders are old enough to make their own decisions?  We all know how you feel, you remind us in every freaking thread, but dragging others down to your level is childish.  You just reinforce the old saying, "Misery loves company."  Why don't you waste some more money and fly a banner?  Better yet, grab a sign and walk the picket line up and down Bonnie Brae.  They probably called all the club seat holders except you hoping you would just go away.

I don't doubt that's true. They only want sheep like you who will continually throw pennies away on a crap product. 

Do you have club seats? If not, why don't you just keep your nose out of our business. 

With fans like you, this program will never be more than a constant loser.

The only thing that makes sense is a protest on Bonnie Brae. Actually not a bad idea.

That is, if people give enough of a crap anymore to actually do it. We could carry signs about the lies told to us about the stadium when we purchased club seats. We could put the AD's records in revenue sports on the signs. Maybe even "Stop Treating Our Athletes Like Second Class Citizens!"

The possibilities are endless.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

You mean hiring a new athletic director at UNT?  Seriously, after 15 years of losing in the three major sports, and what, only four winning seasons in football, how bad of a new hire could the BOR possibly make?

We know what we have with RV, we don't know how a new AD is going to handle things like seating policies.

Look at how the former AD over at Texas fracked up relations with its alumni and faculty when they raised prices and donation levels for tickets people had purchased for years. That really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1