I-35 Rivalry

brooks91

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Well, at UNT, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you just have 5 home games so you can whore yourself twice in the same season while STILL HAVING A HOME GAME AGAINST AN FCS, THE ONLY OOC HOME GAME THAT YEAR. See 2015. 

Or you schedule so poorly, that you are stuck with a 5 home game season with your only OOC home game being an FCS. See 2012. 

So playing one whore game a year  while scheduling one FCS to balance isn't exactly what has happened at UNT, is it?

But the main part of your post I was referring to was the "SMU and Army are the best series we can hope for" BS. If Rick Villarreal is your AD, it is the best you can hope for. Problem is just about every one of our peers does better.

But again, we are poor little ole UNT, so we should just accept the crappy scraps thrown to us by Rick Villarreal, right?

Just because you think it, doesn't make it true.  I know anything that happens under RV has to be crap from your view.  By the way, I unlike most here never was a RV fan starting with him hiding in the corner while DD did and said anything he wanted to.   However,  I don't assume everything that happens at NT athletics is hopeless with RV at the helm.   

Yes, you can cherrypick a year and a school with better schedules; doesn't prove anything.  Lets look at NT's peers, CUSA West OC schedules and just marvel how much better they are than NT's without even going into how many are part of 1-2 series.

UTSA- Home: Alabama ST, Colorodo St, Arizona St. ., Away: A&M - A great schedule this year, with three home games and only one away.  Plus gettIng Arizona St. at home.   Next year only has one home game scheduled Southern but with still an open game.  

UTEP- Home:  Army, New Mexico St, Houston Baptist Away: Texas - Three home games but only had one home game last year, Incarnate Word and only has one scheduled next year.   This is what happens when giving multiple away game to one series.  

La Tech- Home: South Carolina State Away: Arkansas, Texas Tech, U Mass - Makes NT's last years schedule look good.    

Rice - Home:  Baylor, Prairie View Away: Army, Stanford - Rice has scheduled some attractive series with Stanford and Baylor

USM -Home: Savannah State, Troy Away: Kentucky, LSU - Not exactly idea

Based on this small sample, NT is not the best, but is far from the worst.  It is easy to criticize schedules when you don't consider that someone has to agree to play at NT and the budget has to be a major concern.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Just because you think it, doesn't make it true.  I know anything that happens under RV has to be crap from your view.  By the way, I unlike most here never was a RV fan starting with him hiding in the corner while DD did and said anything he wanted to.   However,  I don't assume everything that happens at NT athletics is hopeless with RV at the helm.   

Yes, you can cherrypick a year and a school with better schedules; doesn't prove anything.  Lets look at NT's peers, CUSA West OC schedules and just marvel how much better they are than NT's without even going into how many are part of 1-2 series.

UTSA- Home: Alabama ST, Colorodo St, Arizona St. ., Away: A&M - A great schedule this year, with three home games and only one away.  Plus gettIng Arizona St. at home.   Next year only has one home game scheduled Southern but with still an open game.  

UTEP- Home:  Army, New Mexico St, Houston Baptist Away: Texas - Three home games but only had one home game last year, Incarnate Word and only has one scheduled next year.   This is what happens when giving multiple away game to one series.  

La Tech- Home: South Carolina State Away: Arkansas, Texas Tech, U Mass - Makes NT's last years schedule look good.    

Rice - Home:  Baylor, Prairie View Away: Army, Stanford - Rice has scheduled some attractive series with Stanford and Baylor

Based on this small sample, NT is not the best, but is far from the worst.  It is easy to criticize schedules when you don't consider that someone has to agree to play at NT and the budget has to be a major concern.  

Based on that example, UNT 2015 is ABSOLUTELY the worst. Look at overall schedules, not just one year.

Look at other schools in our conference scheduling 1 and 1s with P5s that matter while we whore. 

You can yell and scream about my anti-RV stance all you want. One thing that can't be disputed is that RV is completely responsible for football scheduling, and he is the worst AD in FBS at it. 

Just remember I'm the one that warned you about 2015 as early as 2012 about the 2015 scheduled, and was told to trust in RV. What a joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Well, at UNT, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you just have 5 home games so you can whore yourself twice in the same season while STILL HAVING A HOME GAME AGAINST AN FCS, THE ONLY OOC HOME GAME THAT YEAR. See 2015. 

Or you schedule so poorly, that you are stuck with a 5 home game season with your only OOC home game being an FCS. See 2012. 

So playing one whore game a year  while scheduling one FCS to balance isn't exactly what has happened at UNT, is it?

But the main part of your post I was referring to was the "SMU and Army are the best series we can hope for" BS. If Rick Villarreal is your AD, it is the best you can hope for. Problem is just about every one of our peers does better.

But again, we are poor little ole UNT, so we should just accept the crappy scraps thrown to us by Rick Villarreal, right?

Yes, you can cherrypick a year and a school with better schedules; doesn't prove anything.  Lets look at NT's peesr, CUSA West OC schedules and just marvel how much better they are than NT's without even going into how many are part of 1-2 series.

It is obvious that facts mean nothing to you.  Again I am not defending anybody, but 2015 was not a typical year, NT played two away guarantee games.  Something that should never happen, but history at this point.   

NT schedule is currently through 2020, oc games with Army and SMU, an away guarantee game and a buy fc division home game.  Kind of repetitious, but certainly not bad when compared to the majority of other G5 programs.  

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Based on that example, UNT 2015 is ABSOLUTELY the worst. Look at overall schedules, not just one year.

Look at other schools in our conference scheduling 1 and 1s with P5s that matter while we whore. 

You can yell and scream about my anti-RV stance all you want. One thing that can't be disputed is that RV is completely responsible for football scheduling, and he is the worst AD in FBS at it. 

Just remember I'm the one that warned you about 2015 as early as 2012 about the 2015 scheduled, and was told to trust in RV. What a joke.

I don't think you are going to let facts alter your continued rant.   No one is defending last year schedule, two guaranteed games in one year should not happen.   As for as looking at all schedules and not one year, you should obviously take your own advise.  NT 's schedule is complete through 2020.  Rotating games with Army and SMU, a guaranteed away game, and a lower division buy home game.   Other than being very repetitious, it compares very well with other peer programs on a year to year basis.     

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, you can cherrypick a year and a school with better schedules; doesn't prove anything.  Lets look at NT's peesr, CUSA West OC schedules and just marvel how much better they are than NT's without even going into how many are part of 1-2 series.

It is obvious that facts mean nothing to you.  Again I am not defending anybody, but 2015 was not a typical year, NT played two away guarantee games.  Something that should never happen, but history at this point.   

NT schedule is currently through 2020, oc games with Army and SMU, an away guarantee game and a buy fc division home game.  Kind of repetitious, but certainly not bad when compared to the majority of other G5 programs.  

Thanks for taking the time to look al of this up. I didn't realize our peers in CUSA were playing South Carolina State, Savanna State, Prarrie View and Houston Baptist as their home games last year. That certainly makes Portland State and Incarnate Word look reasonable in comparison. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Thanks for taking the time to look al of this up. I didn't realize our peers in CUSA were playing South Carolina State, Savanna State, Prarrie View and Houston Baptist as their home games last year. That certainly makes Portland State and Incarnate Word look reasonable in comparison. 

Just ignore the Arizona Sts, Baylors, and other P5s on their home schedule, eh? So RV of you, but I wouldn't expect any less/more.

18 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I don't think you are going to let facts alter your continued rant.   No one is defending last year schedule, two guaranteed games in one year should not happen.   As for as looking at all schedules and not one year, you should obviously take your own advise.  NT 's schedule is complete through 2020.  Rotating games with Army and SMU, a guaranteed away game, and a lower division buy home game.   Other than being very repetitious, it compares very well with other peer programs on a year to year basis.     

So you are just willing to forget the past, eh? Well, that's great. You would think that you may have noticed others doing it differently during your scheduling exploration. Doing it the easy way doesn't make it the only way, unless you are UNT, of course.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Just ignore the Arizona Sts, Baylors, and other P5s on their home schedule, eh? So RV of you, but I wouldn't expect any less/more.

So you are just willing to forget the past, eh? Well, that's great. You would think that you may have noticed others doing it differently during your scheduling exploration. Doing it the easy way doesn't make it the only way, unless you are UNT, of course.

Tell me how to change the past, and I will get right on it.   No difference in ignoring the Baylor and other P5 games and not mentioning the Fc games and multiple guarantee games on other team's schedules.   I looked at both did you?

I would like NT to jettison the guarantee game and add a home and home with a P5 team, but alas like almost all the G5's, that is not financially feasible.   The problem isn't getting the game; it is replacing the revenue lost.    So you can justify your criticism of RV on low attendance and poor fund raising, but it is a problem few lower tier teams have solved.    

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Tell me how to change the past, and I will get right on it.   No difference in ignoring the Baylor and other P5 games and not mentioning the Fc games and multiple guarantee games on other team's schedules.   I looked at both did you?

I would like NT to jettison the guarantee game and add a home and home with a P5 team, but alas like almost all the G5's, that is not financially feasible.   The problem isn't getting the game; it is replacing the revenue lost.    So you can justify your criticism of RV on low attendance and poor fund raising, but it is a problem few lower tier teams have solved.    

I did look at both. And I saw no P5 games on UNT's home schedule on your beloved future. I saw a bunch of FCS games, though. Did I miss something? 

And yet Marshall was able to do that very thing in 2015. 

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/conf-usa/2015-marshall-thundering-herd-football-schedule.php

Or Rice in 2016:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-rice-owls-football-schedule.php

Or SMU:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/aac/2015-smu-mustangs-football-schedule.php

Wow. TWO home and homes with big 12 teams...

literally 3 of the first 4 programs I checked do what you say can't be done. Stop buying the BS this AD is feeding you. He is a lazy, lazy scheduler who couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper sack 

And before you say I Cherry picked years, go to your beautiful future of UNT schedules and show me ONE TIME UNT schedules like this. It isn't there. 

Scheduling football games is the absolute worst thing Rick Villarreal does, and there is no lack of competition for that honor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 at 1:10 PM, GrandGreen said:

Why 2 guarantee games? Is there an unusual budget constraint necessitating the > $?

On 2/8/2016 at 10:51 PM, greenit said:

Isn't SWTXST either first or second in terms of all time opponents we have played the most in football?

I shared these tables in a previous post, but thought they might provide some additional context here as well. We've played Texas State the most all-time, twenty-third most since 1957, and not at all since 1995. We've actually faced Arkansas State and Middle Tennessee more than any other teams in recent history.

UNT All-Time Results

UNT Results 1957-Present

UNT Results 1995-Present

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 2