Louisiana Tech (2/6/16)

CMJ

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

Man.  Maybe I should've gone to this game.  Seems Benford is recruiting talent that is playing well despite his coaching.

We just played well today. We have some talent, but missing depth. Next year should be even better for ever is coaching. We should have won so many other games this season though. All three in the mean green classic, UTEP, WKU, and Rice were all huge losses.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is two wins in a row against latech.  Nice win for the guys.  They deserve to have a few games go their way after losing a few due to poor free throw shooting.  

Deckie just took over to start the second half and then they were able to hold on, mainly because they were able to hit free throws and play D.

• Upvote 2

Now, that was fun....great win over a solid team today for the Mean Green!   Had a great time watching this one and hearing the great crowd noise.  Really a nice crowd.  Lots of groups.  Folks even sitting in upper deck today.  It made for a bit if a home court advantage.  Played defense again...won again.  Katenda had a great game, Deckie was hot outside, Combs was his usual awesome self, but was shut down a bit in the second half.  Brice had a great time playing and cheering from the bench.

I think I see a pattern developing here...Tony B picked up his second technical foul in the last two games...UNT wins both those games after losing what, five straight?  Hmmmmmm...maybe he should pick up a T every game.  Pattern perhaps?  ?

Great way to top off a fun day....Cheer Scholarship Game draft at noon....Mean Green win over La Tech following...Greatness!

• Upvote 1

Deckie put us back in the game for sure, but my MVP for the game was Erick Katenda.  He came up big tonight 4-5 from the field, 8 of 11 from the free throw line.  Also had three blocks.  I also don't think Brown gets enough credit.  He really is important to this team, and had some very nice penetrations and assists tonight.  When Reese got in foul trouble, Brown really filled in nicely.

Fun game to attend and nice win for sure.

La. Tech fans weren't happy about the refs:  http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?134542-M.-Basketball.-Bulldogs-Go-for-Road-Sweep-on-Saturday

EDIT:  On second thought Deckie deserved the MVP of this game.  In addition to his unbelievable offense, he also pulled in 7 boards.

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Get ready for the extension. 

The odds we finish above .500 for the regular season is pretty small. No way an extension comes if Benford finishes with another losing record.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Deckie put us back in the game for sure, but my MVP for the game was Erick Katenda.  He came up big tonight 4-5 from the field, 8 of 11 from the free throw line.  Also had three blocks.  I also don't think Brown gets enough credit.  He really is important to this team, and had some very nice penetrations and assists tonight.  When Reese got in foul trouble, Brown really filled in nicely.

Fun game to attend and nice win for sure.

La. Tech fans weren't happy about the refs:  http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?134542-M.-Basketball.-Bulldogs-Go-for-Road-Sweep-on-Saturday

EDIT:  On second thought Deckie deserved the MVP of this game.  In addition to his unbelievable offense, he also pulled in 7 boards.

Complaining about the refs is what the losing side always does. It's as if their team can do no wrong.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

The odds we finish above .500 for the regular season is pretty small. No way an extension comes if Benford finishes with another losing record.

Complaining about the refs is what the losing side always does. It's as if their team can do no wrong.

Yea we do the same thing. I think the refs were too foul happy on both sides. Each team had some bad calls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have jumped into 8th in conference. If we had best Rice like we should have and closed out against WKU we could have been in fourth place only behind UAB, Marshall, and Middle Tennessee.

I understand the conference is weak, but we are still in this season for the time being and that's nice. I hate having lost 5 games we should have won though. Benford shouldn't be back, but I do want to see these guys come out victorious and make a run in the conference tournament.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The officials were absolutely terrible today.  It reminded me of the days I made extra cash calling intramural games.  Just about every single time either team would go to the basket I anticipated a whistle and seemingly 8 out of 10 times we got it.  I mean how many guys fouled out today?  That tells you something.  As for La Tech fans complaining about the refs had we lost this game I guarantee there would have been a similar thread.  Can't remember the last time I have seen officiating that bad.  Now I feel like Mark Cuban.  

As for the team they have some nice talent and the addition of Keith Frazier will be huge.  If Brice can fill into his body and improve his footwork he could be something special.  He also needs to get stronger in his hands and wow he seems like a black hole.  Give that kid the ball and it's going at the bucket.  But he has nice presence defensively at the rim.  I also like seeing Frazier already into the team he seems very excited to be here.

Benford can recruit I think we just need his coaching to catch up!  It's getting a bit tiresome seeing the poor man's version of the Globetrotter weave at the top of the key which is then followed by a guard going one-on-one.  

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Crowd at tip off...

Qtz6RBB.jpg

4,600, have we hired the SMU attendance taker, or are we counting all the reserved seats for elementary schools who did not show up?

Maybe so, but that's more or at least matches the most I've seen at a home game this year going off that picture and I've been to 6 or 7 home games this year. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1