Cosh To Richmond

MGNation92

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

When I took my college visit to Tech there was a sand storm and a rain shower at the same time, it more or less rained mud.  Seemed like a biblical portent to stay away.

I only recall 4 things:
1. that smell.
2. the roads were unnecessarily wide... this was explained to me as their solution for 'drainage' during intense rain.  More surface area!
3. they were VERY proud of their statue of Roy Rogers because the horse's ass pointed directly at College Station... like anyone there cares.
4. the moronic advisor there told me not to take my AP Biology exam because they wanted all of their freshmen to "come in on the same level".

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Come on man that's not fair.  He was here long enough for a cup of coffee.  To put that much blame on him just is not right.

He was here long enough to get a paycheck for doing nothing. How much was he making again?

Oh ya that's right - $185,000 a year

Edited by NTAlum09
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Poor Bastards  https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/chris-cosh-new-defensive-coordinator.6358/

"I think he will play a more aggressive version of our current scheme "

"Hey, if he just stops giving receivers an easy cushion of 10-15 yards and gets our secondary playing tough, that will be a huge improvement."

How about a cushion of 20-25 yards?

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I only recall 4 things:
1. that smell.
2. the roads were unnecessarily wide... this was explained to me as their solution for 'drainage' during intense rain.  More surface area!
3. they were VERY proud of their statue of Roy Rogers because the horse's ass pointed directly at College Station... like anyone there cares.
4. the moronic advisor there told me not to take my AP Biology exam because they wanted all of their freshmen to "come in on the same level".

I hate that school--everything about it. The location sucks, their weather sucks, and so does their student body/young alumni. They have earned every bit of their reputation as being a wasteland of Texas HS kids.

But I will also admit a lot of my hate for them is jealousy that they got included in the SWC/Big XII club because of their $hitty location and being a bigger public school that UT can easily control. Not to go all CougarQueen, but Tech provides almost no competition for recruits the way UH has done when they have been really good, just because of their location. But UH's academics and location are all more threatening to UT than Tech, so the Red Raiders get by on bowing down at the Altar of the Longhorn, following their directives at every turn, hoping that UT keeps them around when the next realignment occurs.

34 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Poor Bastards  https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/chris-cosh-new-defensive-coordinator.6358/

"I think he will play a more aggressive version of our current scheme "

"Hey, if he just stops giving receivers an easy cushion of 10-15 yards and gets our secondary playing tough, that will be a huge improvement."

How about a cushion of 20-25 yards?

This made me laugh so hard.  Schadenfraude 

42 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I hate that school--everything about it. The location sucks, their weather sucks, and so does their student body/young alumni. They have earned every bit of their reputation as being a wasteland of Texas HS kids.

But I will also admit a lot of my hate for them is jealousy that they got included in the SWC/Big XII club because of their $hitty location and being a bigger public school that UT can easily control. Not to go all CougarQueen, but Tech provides almost no competition for recruits the way UH has done when they have been really good, just because of their location. But UH's academics and location are all more threatening to UT than Tech, so the Red Raiders get by on bowing down at the Altar of the Longhorn, following their directives at every turn, hoping that UT keeps them around when the next realignment occurs.

This.  Unfortunately, their administrators and leaders were more politically savvy than ours back in the day.  It paid off long term.

We played lone wolf, and we are lone wolf.    I realize it's really popular to ding RV, but our problems were way of out proportion long before he arrived. 

We f*cked up in the late 70s/early 80s, then slept in the 90s when all the deals were beginning to be done.  Place the blame on the leader back then - presidents, boards, athletic directors.

• Upvote 3