MGB: Augie DeBiase talks about his plans

Brett Vito

Feel like we would be better off not offering next year unless he's much improved. He would already be 20 years old as a freshman. Plus, if he really wanted to be here, he would have signed yesterday. I don't want to be a fall back plan anymore unless the talent is incredible and it's clear he was not sold on unt.

• Upvote 2

This guy turned his nose up at UNT.  Let it go.  He wants to go to a another school.  He has enough money to pay and walk on to a school if he has to.  

UNT would be crazy to offer this kid again.   It was a reach from the start considering the circumstance.  He was going to come here out of his comfort zone, not get his way and go back home and walk on.  Now he's just prolonging the inevitable.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Feel like we would be better off not offering next year unless he's much improved. He would already be 20 years old as a freshman. Plus, if he really wanted to be here, he would have signed yesterday. I don't want to be a fall back plan anymore unless the talent is incredible and it's clear he his daddy was not sold on unt.

FIFY. Everyone has to grow up some time; he seems to be doing a good job of delaying that time.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

North Texas will do better in its 2017 class. I doubt we re-offer. 

Yeah, I have very little doubt that we choose not to offer. I've said it before, but the juco or prep route is good for qualifiers who are either late bloomers or didn't get good enough exposure in high school. He got great exposure in high school.

• Upvote 3