On Friday, February 05, 2016 at 9:26 AM, UNT90 said:

Have fun sinking money into a never ending hole and supporting a friend over your university...

For the last time. ...we donate money in support of student athletes.   Other people have given money to help  pay coaches etc, but that is not us.  We will help the young people who represent this university as long as we can . facility building Counts in helping student athletes.  The person sitting in the a.d. Office or pres. Office will not change this 

On Friday, February 05, 2016 at 9:41 AM, UNT Five&Dime said:

10 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The last decade following this team has been torture, with brief respite in the HoD Bowl year.  If you can enjoy a day where a 1AA team comes in and kicks our teeth in then I envy you, but I wanted to throw up.

That day was pure torture.  In my opinion every time a certain qb went on the field it was symbolic if the head coach turning around and giving all of us the "double you're number one " sign.   

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

And yours is probably the appropriate attitude to take towards UNT sports. Just go for the tailgating and fellowship and don't expect the actual football played to get anywhere near the potential that the program actually possesses. 

I really really really wish I could do that. I mean it. It just burns me up to see half assed effort, and UNT doesn't even get that from its AD.

I agree with this. We need les "5's" and way more "10's." We have more people at 5 (or less) and that is what drives our support (or in our case the lack thereof) and in hand drives our success. Programs who have constant, consistent support will have have success and tradition. It's just the way it is. So, I will support the program. I do NOT support this athletic department, but I will support the programs on an individual basis. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Believe me when I say that I am not calling you out, because I am not.  However you and I must be wired in different ways.

There is absolutely no way I can enjoy the day when we lose.  I hated losing from t ball.   I loved play sports growing up, but I am not sure if I ever enjoyed it, if we won that was great and all but the next game was coming up and we had better get ready for it.  If we lost it was agony.

The last decade following this team has been torture, with brief respite in the HoD Bowl year.  If you can enjoy a day where a 1AA team comes in and kicks our teeth in then I envy you, but I wanted to throw up.

Believe it or not, this is a vestige of the religion in which I was raised.  It was dogma not to win at all costs.  When I reached adulthood, aggressive competitiveness smacked me pretty hard in the face as it was an entirely foreign concept to me.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:39 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

You realize Florida had the #8-ranked defense last year, right?  Our offense can be awesome, but when it runs up against a great defense... *stops this thought & begins thinking positive* ...Florida is gonna get LIT UP!!! 

#Fl16ghtclub #UNTouchable
Green-kool-aid-man.jpg

You realize that FAU took Florida to overtime last year, right?

• Upvote 2

I think with all the hype surrounding our new coach and recruits, plus it being a rivalry game, SMU will draw the 3rd-largest Apogee crowd (23-25K).

We have should-be wins in the conference on the road, while we the Apogee effect could help in those games that may or may not go our way.

Again, no Halloween or after-Thanksgiving home game.

Edited by Matt from A700