4 hours ago, untcampbell said:

2 home games in September, October and November, with dates that are Farmers Almanac good weather days.

I will celebrate a traditional neighborhood Halloween and family Thanksgiving weekend (in El Paso?).

A mid-season bye.

My family flights and hotel are booked for Army.

Rice, UTSA and El Paso away games....may be mowing my yard mid-week a lot this year.

GMG

Plus my wife and I cough!! 

On February 4, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Huff said:

No home games on Halloween night or the Saturday after Thanksgiving are good things in my book.

That should be number 1 on the original list.  Hands down not even close

On February 4, 2016 at 2:39 PM, UNTFan23 said:

It's sad that the main moderator has to post that this thread is for positive thoughts only.  Our fan base just makes you shake your head in shame way too often.

This program is lucky to have people who care enough to say anything and care about the schedule.  That might mean there is a chance they will show up to a game or two.  We all know there are probably 70,000 or more local DFW alumni that could not tell you the name of another team we play this year at home for $100 besides SMU.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

This is a favorable schedule for us, last year was the worst I've seen in my 35 years of watching Mean Green football (thank's Rick V). Now, if we're developing players and putting them in the right positions we just might surprise some people. Everyone say's we have no talent, not true, these players need to be developed. We'll see how good the coaching staff really is this fall. "Show us what you got", should be exciting to see. SMU is a must game for the program and I think we win this one...no game on Halloween and after Thanksgiving, sweet!

Oh, BTW, being on the Army campus around October 15th is absolutely beautiful. Fly in to Newark New Jersey airport and drive up the garden state PKWY; wow what a great drive.  I think we win this game too.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

It's sad that the main moderator has to post that this thread is for positive thoughts only.  Our fan base just makes you shake your head in shame way too often.

I think you should re-read the thread title.  I don't think it means what you think it means. 

Edited by greenit

41 minutes ago, Quoner said:

You just can't measure that kind of ROI.

It was a magical Thursday. The day before another awful basketball season started. For one brief hour, the citizens of Denton looked to the heavens and had a glimmer of hope that the Evil Overlord of Lying and Losing would be held accountable for his crimes against athletics humanity. There was dancing in the streets, a flash mob descended on the square in celebration, a lone protester stood in front of the UNT athletics equipment truck sent to break up the flash mob, causing the truck to turn away. 

There were throngs of students who stormed what was left of Fouts, filling what's left of the stands and demanding its destruction. Harry even publicly addressed President Smatresk with the long remembered line "President Smatresk, tear down that sh|++¥ stadium." Articles were written examining the reign of terror of the Evil Overlord. A transcript was promised of words of treason from the Evil Overlord from a reporter. There was hope.

But, alas, in the end, the President grudgingly called in the heavy faux-excitement-over-a-new-coach armor, funded by the RV underlings (known as the 17 and despised by all Mean Green fans who want better) to quell the native uprising. False hope again ruled the day, and Evil Overlord of Lying and Losing was allowed to continue to abuse Mean Green fans with coaching hire after coaching hire, laughing every Friday when he received a paycheck for destroying an athletic program. That transcript was seized by operatives of the Evil Overlord. The reporter who falsely promised to publish it was sent to "The 17 Re-Education Camp." When he returned, he toed the party line. 

BUT... For a brief moment there was hope. Hope that UNT would do the right thing. Hope that still lives in the hearts of Mean Green fans that actually expect better. 

Can you really put a price on that kind of hope?  And is there anything more positive than hope?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

Just now, flyonthewall said:

He gets his paycheck twice monthly, not on friday......

And have fun with your new club seat agreement.  It should make for some great internet b.s. when those things finally are revealed.

#itsallajoke

Pricing the little guy out after a crappy season, eh? 

Again, dropping knowledge without details to let us know how privileged you are to inside information. Guessing you heard it during drinks on the square with your bestie.

Enjoy your club of a program.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I don't have any information that any one else here doesn't have.  I didn't go to the recruiting thing, but from all accounts it was heavily attended, as was basketball last night.  You are only punishing yourself by staying away.

Have fun throwing internet rocks from your outpost there in Granbury and singing the same.........tired.........old.........song........

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

I don't have any information that any one else here doesn't have.  I didn't go to the recruiting thing, but from all accounts it was heavily attended, as was basketball last night.  You are only punishing yourself by staying away.

Have fun throwing internet rocks from your outpost there in Granbury and singing the same.........tired.........old.........song........

Have fun sinking money into a never ending hole and supporting a friend over your university...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

4 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

That should be number 1 on the original list.  Hands down not even close

This program is lucky to have people who care enough to say anything and care about the schedule.  That might mean there is a chance they will show up to a game or two.  We all know there are probably 70,000 or more local DFW alumni that could tell you the name of another team we play this year at home for $100 besides SMU.

Do you ever just look at your signature and think "yup, nailed it" or nah?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Again, dropping knowledge without details to let us know how privileged you are to inside information. Guessing you heard it during drinks on the square with your bestie.

I've got my hands on some leaked documents, and I am OK with all of it except the clause that states we have to sing rv über alles before every kickoff.  I do like the new helmet stickers though.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Harry said:

1).  SMU might actually bring a good crowd this year?  Year two of Morris?  Any takers?

2).  Nice to open the season with a home game against a rival.  There will be a lot of good back and forth.  It's a great statement opportunity for Littrell.

3).  We actually have a bye in the middle of the year where it could help.

4).  Home schedule is a big improvement with SMU, La. Tech, Marshall and Southern Miss in Apogee. 

5).  We actually get to start the season when everyone else does.

6). Only one body bag game with Florida.  WKU, Marshall and Tech will be tough but 2 of the 3 are at home.

2016 North Texas Football Schedule

Sept. 3 SMU
Sept. 10 BETHUNE-COOKMAN
Sept. 17 at Florida
Sept. 24 at Rice
Oct. 1 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Oct. 8 MARSHALL
Oct. 15 bye
Oct. 22 at Army
Oct. 29 at UTSA
Nov. 5 LOUISIANA TECH
Nov. 12 at Western Kentucky
Nov. 19 SOUTHERN MISS
Nov. 26 at UTEP

Conference games in bold
Home games in CAPS

If we can't win six games with this schedule, the P5s are right to leave schools like ours behind.

Don't like that four of the last six are on the road, and with no bye, but....

To me, the die will be cast in the first month.  If we can't beat SMU and Rice, it will be a long season.  Coming out of September 1-3 would not be a good sign.  If so, chalk up a 3 or 4 win season at best.

We really need some injury breaks to fall our way in 2016 - as in, we can't have any key players injured because of our lack of depth.

I don't want to say I hope other school's player get injured, but you look at the luck OU had the last three weeks of their season, facing Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma State without their starting QB...all in a row.  That was a freaking Christmas Miracle come early for the Sooners.  Perhaps, we get some luck this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1