1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

It's sad that the main moderator has to post that this thread is for positive thoughts only.  Our athletic department  just makes you shake your head in shame way too often.

Fixed

1 hour ago, Harry said:

1).  SMU might actually bring a good crowd this year?  Year two of Morris?  Any takers?

2).  Nice to open the season with a home game against a rival.  There will be a lot of good back and forth.  It's a great statement opportunity for Littrell.

3).  We actually have a bye in the middle of the year where it could help.

4).  Home schedule is a big improvement with SMU, La. Tech, Marshall and Southern Miss in Apogee. 

5).  We actually get to start the season when everyone else does.

6). Only one body bag game with Florida.  WKU, Marshall and Tech will be tough but 2 of the 3 are at home.

2016 North Texas Football Schedule

Sept. 3 SMU
Sept. 10 BETHUNE-COOKMAN
Sept. 17 at Florida
Sept. 24 at Rice
Oct. 1 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Oct. 8 MARSHALL
Oct. 15 bye
Oct. 22 at Army
Oct. 29 at UTSA
Nov. 5 LOUISIANA TECH
Nov. 12 at Western Kentucky
Nov. 19 SOUTHERN MISS
Nov. 26 at UTEP

Conference games in bold
Home games in CAPS

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 14

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You realize Florida had the #8-ranked defense last year, right?  Our offense can be awesome, but when it runs up against a great defense... *stops this thought & begins thinking positive* ...Florida is gonna get LIT UP!!! 

#Fl16ghtclub #UNTouchable
Green-kool-aid-man.jpg

Texas had the #13 Defense when Tech beat them in 08

OU had the #19 Defense when Boise St. beat them in 07

It's not likely that we'll win, but it won't look like UNT@Iowa 2015 either

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 1

Probably going to El Paso in November so that my kids can see us WIN a game...right, Seth and company?  The UTEP game in 2014 was their first experience and they loved it.  So let's follow that with a win on the next trip out!  So who's meeting us there Thanksgiving weekend?  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

image.jpg1_zpsakyhvy8i.jpg

Much better home schedule this year.  We had the 4th best home schedule in Denton last year behind the 3 Denton high schools.

Plus, could this be the year we see RV run out on the field and celebrate like the Crazy Cajun in the movie Waterboy?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Many teams on our schedule lost key players (qbs), coaches and as many have stated we have the tougher teams in our house this year.  I'm bullish SL will move the O into the 21st century.  Our D and ST have been okay when they have confidence they won't be on the field for 80% of the game.  I like the talent on the team and the group of coaches we have now is far above what I've seen in the 00's.  I think our fan base will help energize the coaches and the team.  Football and our UNT status is certainly "a network effect".  

• Upvote 1

2 home games in September, October and November, with dates that are Farmers Almanac good weather days.

I will celebrate a traditional neighborhood Halloween and family Thanksgiving weekend (in El Paso?).

A mid-season bye.

My family flights and hotel are booked for Army.

Rice, UTSA and El Paso away games....may be mowing my yard mid-week a lot this year.

GMG

• Upvote 3

We start out the season with those Pony Fairies in Denton. We would have a real good possibility of starting the season going 2-0 (SMU/Bethune Cookman), which could give this team momentum to get more wins.

And I'm not claiming SMU as a for sure win, just a little more winnable than a lot of the other opponents this season. .

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

2 home games in September, October and November, with dates that are Farmers Almanac good weather days.

I will celebrate a traditional neighborhood Halloween and family Thanksgiving weekend (in El Paso?).

A mid-season bye.

My family flights and hotel are booked for Army.

Rice, UTSA and El Paso away games....may be mowing my yard mid-week a lot this year.

GMG

Look for an announcement that one home game has been moved to Thursday night. Should come around June. Probably a conference game.

For those out of town, keep this in mind when making plans. 

• Downvote 4

3 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I want a damn real live Eagle at our games. Let it fly around the stadium a few times before the games. Texas has Bevo. A&M has that dog. Let's get an Eagle! 

We tried that.  Because of wildlife/endangered species regulations the best we could get was a live demonstration.  Hardly anybody showed up and it was a few hundred bucks, so we stopped.  If the group is still around and funds are available, we could always try again.  If someone closer to Denton wants to look into it, they were called "Last Chance Forever."

11 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

We tried that.  Because of wildlife/endangered species regulations the best we could get was a live demonstration.  Hardly anybody showed up and it was a few hundred bucks, so we stopped.  If the group is still around and funds are available, we could always try again.  If someone closer to Denton wants to look into it, they were called "Last Chance Forever."

When was this? Bald Eagles are no longer classified as endangered, as of 2007. Plus, there's nothing that says our mascot are "Bald Eagles", just "Eagles". So any eagle will do. 

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

When was this? Bald Eagles are no longer classified as endangered, as of 2007. Plus, there's nothing that says our mascot are "Bald Eagles", just "Eagles". So any eagle will do. 

Get Don Henley to do the National Anthem and you end up with a twofer'.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Texas had the #13 Defense when Tech beat them in 08

OU had the #19 Defense when Boise St. beat them in 07

It's not likely that we'll win, but it won't look like UNT@Iowa 2015 either

I have been around these parts for a long time.  When it comes to playing the big boys a fan must prepare for the worst and hope for the best. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JesseMartin said:

Umm...1998?

I wonder who you talk to get things done around here.

*teeing this up for UNT90 to come in and say "Not RV"*

37 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Get Don Henley to do the National Anthem and you end up with a twofer'.

My goal as AD would be the Mark Cuban approach: The team may not win but you're gonna have a hell of a time while you're here. 

• Upvote 1