1).  SMU might actually bring a good crowd this year?  Year two of Morris?  Any takers?

2).  Nice to open the season with a home game against a rival.  There will be a lot of good back and forth.  It's a great statement opportunity for Littrell.

3).  We actually have a bye in the middle of the year where it could help.

4).  Home schedule is a big improvement with SMU, La. Tech, Marshall and Southern Miss in Apogee. 

5).  We actually get to start the season when everyone else does.

6). Only one body bag game with Florida.  WKU, Marshall and Tech will be tough but 2 of the 3 are at home.

2016 North Texas Football Schedule

Sept. 3 SMU
Sept. 10 BETHUNE-COOKMAN
Sept. 17 at Florida
Sept. 24 at Rice
Oct. 1 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Oct. 8 MARSHALL
Oct. 15 bye
Oct. 22 at Army
Oct. 29 at UTSA
Nov. 5 LOUISIANA TECH
Nov. 12 at Western Kentucky
Nov. 19 SOUTHERN MISS
Nov. 26 at UTEP

Conference games in bold
Home games in CAPS

1 minute ago, Harry said:

1).  SMU might actually bring a good crowd this year?  Year two of Morris?  Any takers?

2).  Nice to open the season with a home game against a rival.  There will be a lot of good back and forth.  It's a great statement opportunity for Littrell.

4).  Home schedule is a big improvement with SMU, La. Tech, Marshall and Southern Miss in Apogee. 

6). Only one body bag game with Florida.  WKU, Marshall and Tech will be tough but 2 of the 3 are at home.

7. What kind of beer will Harry be drinking at the SMU game?

• Upvote 2

It's sad that the main moderator has to post that this thread is for positive thoughts only.  Our fan base just makes you shake your head in shame way too often.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

2016 North Texas Football Schedule

Sept. 3 SMU
Sept. 10 BETHUNE-COOKMAN
Sept. 17 at Florida
Sept. 24 at Rice
Oct. 1 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Oct. 8 MARSHALL
Oct. 15 bye
Oct. 22 at Army
Oct. 29 at UTSA
Nov. 5 LOUISIANA TECH
Nov. 12 at Western Kentucky
Nov. 19 SOUTHERN MISS
Nov. 26 at UTEP

Conference games in bold
Home games in CAPS

I can see 3-4 wins. Give a competitive team with improved stats and I will be happy. Love the home games!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

It's sad that the main moderator has to post that this thread is for positive thoughts only.  Our fan base just makes you shake your head in shame way too often.

Your comment is not a positive thought. Now mine isn't either. See what you've started?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, Huff said:

No home games on Halloween night or the Saturday after Thanksgiving are good things in my book.

And even though we have a game the same day as UT-OU, it's Marshall, which should be a good draw.  Hopefully it will be an evening kickoff.  Maybe that will be picked to be our Thursday TV game?

For me, living in the Houston area, besides there being 6 home games, I get the every-other-year Rice "home" game, and UTSA is also a great road trip.  Add the possibility of combining the Army Game with a trip to visit my Mom on Long Island, and I might make it to 9 games this year!

And, @meanJewGreen, no conflicts with the Jewish Holidays this year.