An encouraging anecdote

Or

2 minutes ago, Or said:

Hey, guys. My name's Or. I'm a producer for channel 8 here in DFW and a proud UNT alum. I'm also a frequent GMG stalker and occasional poster.

Just wanted to drop in and share this... I reached out to the athletic staff to see if we could get Coach Littrell on our sunday night sports show this coming week. I expected it was a slam dunk; new coach, program in need of exposure, good chance to showcase what he's doing during an important time. I listed three possible times for a taping, as well as an offer to go live on sunday.

About an hour later I got a very polite text back. As much as they wanted to make it happen, Coach Littrell doesn't have a spare moment this weekend. He's using them all to host recruits. So while I'm out a guest on Sports Special, I've got a lot of optimism for this class. At the very least, we know the staff is putting in serious work.

Back to baseless speculation! GMG.

That is really encouraging. I hate to say it but I feel like if you would have asked Mac the same question he would have said "shout yeah man I am free all weekend, you tell me when" hah

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

That is really encouraging. I hate to say it but I feel like if you would have asked Mac the same question he would have said "shout yeah man I am free all weekend, you tell me when" hah

Mac was really good to the media. Very accommodating, always gave good answers, knew everyone's name, showed a lot of passion. It made a lot of people root for him... and to an extent, overlook some of the issues with his tenure. Wish it could have worked out... but I'll gladly take a coach who's great with his players over one who's great with my reporters.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Or said:

Mac was really good to the media. Very accommodating, always gave good answers, knew everyone's name, showed a lot of passion. It made a lot of people root for him... and to an extent, overlook some of the issues with his tenure. Wish it could have worked out... but I'll gladly take a coach who's great with his players over one who's great with my reporters.

I was just being sarcastic that Mac wouldn't have been busy recruiting weekend before NSD. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I don't think Littell has talked to Vito at all like Mac did and it's frustrating him. Doesn't seem very accommodating to the media so far but I don't mind that for now. 

Honestly, from everything I've heard and seen, Littrell hasn't been around campus much since he was hired. He's been out pounding the pavement and hitting the field houses. 

Plus it's the middle of basketball season: Vito's concentrating all his efforts on the dumpster fire, and enjoying his first class ticket on the J-Train (WBB). 

28 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

Not true at all. 

If there's one accomplishment I can hang my hat on in here, it's finally getting you out of your shell. Haven't seen you personally reply so many times! That's good, I'm glad he is communicating. I know he's busy right now. 

24 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

Concise and well written.

Right? Haha. Out of all the probably untrue things that have been written about Vito and his articles on here I've seemed to get under his skin for some reason. I'm a nice guy, promise. I'd like to talk to him in person to explain why I was frustrated by a very small sample of his articles, the Meacham and Mason Fine report.

• Upvote 1