Maty Mauk dismissal

smithiniraq86

30 minutes ago, smithiniraq86 said:

I really hope Mason Fine turns into a great QB but after this season with Morris he is the only real talent we have so why not give this guy this guy an invite and see what he can do, I mean we can't be too picky with who we bring in and give another shot too.

I guess a better plan would be hope there will be Mini Mac part 2 coming down the pipeline.

These-Are-For-You-Rawls.jpg

Hey, I'm like most Americans, in favor of a second chance, and I'm damn sure glad I got more than that, because I needed them.  It just seems odd enough to me reading about some of the recent unpleasantness in Denton, that I wouldn't mind having him learn to sing the old Steppenwolf favorite "Goddamn the Pusher Man" with sincerity.  And I'm no goody two shoes in these matters, having come of age in the 1960's and, enjoying myself tremendously.

You're right though, speaking of recent unpleasantness; continual improvement at quarterbacking should be priority one in UNT football.  Well, maybe second, after not getting into trouble with the law.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

Hey, I'm like most Americans, in favor of a second chance, and I'm damn sure glad I got more than that, because I needed them.  It just seems odd enough to me reading about some of the recent unpleasantness in Denton, that I wouldn't mind having him learn to sing the old Steppenwolf favorite "Goddamn the Pusher Man" with sincerity.  And I'm no goody two shoes in these matters, having come of age in the 1960's and, enjoying myself tremendously.

You're right though, speaking of recent unpleasantness; continual improvement at quarterbacking should be priority one in UNT football.

I'm not saying if he walked in the front door with my daughter (she's only two so it would be quite strange but say she's a twenty something in this case) I'd welcome him to the family but if he could provide a year of support to the football team I support I might take on the project of helping a young man better his life potentially. It's a win win for UNT they ask him to walk on and if he's good they get another year to develop Fine, if he goes all Ryan Leaf then damn we asked a guy to come to Denton and spend money at our school but we have a great Blue Chipper ready to start as a red shirt freshman and will be our leader for four years in Fine (we can always hope and dream).

9 hours ago, smithiniraq86 said:

I guess a better plan would be hope there will be Mini Mac part 2 coming down the pipeline.

Hey, now, you shut your damned, dirty mouth!

9 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

If he were a reformed 300 pound 4 star nose tackle I might give it a second thought.

HA!

4 minutes ago, smithiniraq86 said:

When you just went 1-11 Talent > Character  

If we don't give him a shot I bet we play him, I hope he doesn't have any talent because our QB situation could be the same as it was this year.

I doubt it as most Division 1 schools both FBS and FCS have rules against kids with multiple, public drug arrests/problems. This was the kid's 3rd publicly reported drug situation. We don't know how many were not made public but usually there are some before the words gets out to the newspapers. I want NT to win at football but I'd rather be proud of my school. It is possible to win while dismissing and not playing kids with criminal problems. 

This isn't giving a "second chance," bringing in this kid fall into "enabling and encouraging a criminal."

• Upvote 1

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14666830/missouri-tigers-dismiss-quarterback-maty-mauk-investigating-video

If you read the article, you will see the coach dismissed the kid based on current issues, not what's in the video. He clearly states.. " "As for the video appearing on social media this week, it is concerning, but we believe it is from a long time ago, Odom said." The coach also said there were recent mistakes, but the article suggests after speaking with Mauk it was decided to part ways in the best interest of all concerned. Mizzou is a SEC Program that is built for a QB like Mauk. He was there for three years and still could not hear the coach's message? Does anyone else have images of Joey Byerly dancing around their heads?

The answer is Absolutley NO.

GMG    

37 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I doubt it as most Division 1 schools both FBS and FCS have rules against kids with multiple, public drug arrests/problems. This was the kid's 3rd publicly reported drug situation. We don't know how many were not made public but usually there are some before the words gets out to the newspapers. I want NT to win at football but I'd rather be proud of my school. It is possible to win while dismissing and not playing kids with criminal problems. 

This isn't giving a "second chance," bringing in this kid fall into "enabling and encouraging a criminal."

This, 100%. When you just went 1 - 11, that's when you double down on Character > Talent. It is a group of men with character and guts that will turn this thing around. They will find a way to win some games.

1 hour ago, smithiniraq86 said:

When you just went 1-11 Talent > Character  

If we don't give him a shot I bet we play him, I hope he doesn't have any talent because our QB situation could be the same as it was this year.

No no no no no effing no. We can't overlook these kinds of things just because we are coming off of a 1-11 record.