OKPREPS BIG BOARD

TheReal_jayD

Nice quote there on Fine:

We stand by our breakdown and analysis of Locust Grove quarterback Mason Fine. He’s one of the best quarterbacks in the state but colleges aren’t willing to take the risk on him because of his size. He’s the owner of every passing record in state history and dominated the air over the last three seasons. However, standing only 5’10 and having a thin frame has labeled Fine as undersized.

Also Bussey being the best "home run hitter" on the board. 

• Upvote 3

I like how they are going into OK to get some of these guys, I think this will help us next year, recruiting-wise. The staff you would have think has to be going after a lot of the scraps left over from all the schools hitting up DFW all year, but even the scraps are pretty good. I think they should go mostly JUCO and then kids from OK this year, and keep making the rounds this cycle for Tx. 

On a side note, I would also think it maybe smart for UNT, to atleast focus on certain areas of DFW to pick up kids, like Frisco, Allen, Southlake/Colleyville, Highland Park.. They should focus on these "richer" neighborhoods, sorry if i left any off, but it would increase the donor base to get more money into the program..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I like how they are going into OK to get some of these guys, I think this will help us next year, recruiting-wise. The staff you would have think has to be going after a lot of the scraps left over from all the schools hitting up DFW all year, but even the scraps are pretty good. I think they should go mostly JUCO and then kids from OK this year, and keep making the rounds this cycle for Tx. 

On a side note, I would also think it maybe smart for UNT, to atleast focus on certain areas of DFW to pick up kids, like Frisco, Allen, Southlake/Colleyville, Highland Park.. They should focus on these "richer" neighborhoods, sorry if i left any off, but it would increase the donor base to get more money into the program..

Well, interesting concept, although it hasn't worked for us yet.

well it did kinda work when they brought in Dodge, he did bring in good talent from the DFW area, but he brought in alot of kids from Southlake that I know(I'm from colleyville) and their parents spent $ on the sports packages etc... I dont know exactly if it made a huge difference, but it's around that time we got the stadium, I believe so maybe they got some small/medium donations to help...

7 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

well it did kinda work when they brought in Dodge, he did bring in good talent from the DFW area, but he brought in alot of kids from Southlake that I know(I'm from colleyville) and their parents spent $ on the sports packages etc... I dont know exactly if it made a huge difference, but it's around that time we got the stadium, I believe so maybe they got some small/medium donations to help...

I think it did help some at the time; it was just hard to quantify, and what interest it sparked seemed to fade fast after Dodge left.  I've developed a philosophy about churches and sports programs; you have to have some big fish and a lot of little fish.  The big donors seem like they can make some big changes happen faster than they used to, but you have to fill the seats to generate ongoing excitement and a lasting bond between the program and the larger community.

There is a GOLD MINE of kids that play at OK Powerhouse programs Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow, Booker T, McLain and others that all get overlooked and end up at Emporia State, Pittsburg State, Arkansas Tech and StephenFAustin. The SFA guys are here weekly. University of Ohio is in OKC all the time too. A TON of talent that is over looked because they aren't good enough for OU/OSU and TU has some high entrance standards. Could be a great pipeline.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I love the Big Board for Drafts......Can someone donate their life to doing a UNT Recruiting Board? Doesnt need to be fancy but like who we have offered and measurables with possible links along with how many offers they hold?  That would be GREAT, Thanks!

work office space coffee nodding mug

Thought about doing it before

On 1/26/2016 at 4:05 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

Why did they stop doing player highlights after the DL?  Strange.
I'd take Fiailoa, and the Crowder DE would be a decent gamble to take... as a SAM.
Looks like Luther Harris has a UNT offer as well as the #1 RB Lewis.  Wonder if either of them have been followed up with visits?

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Why did they stop doing player highlights after the DL?  Strange.
I'd take Fiailoa, and the Crowder DE would be a decent gamble to take... as a SAM.
Looks like Luther Harris has a UNT offer as well as the #1 RB Lewis.  Wonder if either of them have been followed up with visits?

Lewis is visiting Central Oklahoma this weekend. I wonder if he has grade issues.

Fialoa is a guy I would watch out for. He is one guy I listed that could end up at NT here

http://meangreennation.com/5-thoughts-as-signing-day-approaches/

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Yeah, Brad Davis started following Fialoa and we still don't have a high school offensive lineman this class.

It will be interesting to see, but when I last checked, we already have 17 or 18 OL returning/coming in.  I am certain we will sign at least a couple from HS, but it will be hard to imagine more than about 20 OL on the roster.

7 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I love the Big Board for Drafts......Can someone donate their life to doing a UNT Recruiting Board? Doesnt need to be fancy but like who we have offered and measurables with possible links along with how many offers they hold?  That would be GREAT, Thanks!

work office space coffee nodding mug

I did that for a couple of years here. It was in the blogs. 

• Upvote 1