UNT90

3 more losses and a winning season becomes impossible.

How much time is left on the Benford clock? Will RV show us all how much he is AD for life and extend Benford out of foolish pride? 

Or is Benford gone before the end of February?

I seriously think RV extends Benford for 2 years, citing "next year" as the reason. 

Weeks, if not days, until we find out.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

I have Valentines Day in Tasty's contest....as a love letter to NT fans.

I think I said something similar...want to say the 15th...the monday after we come back from a 2 loss swing to the east coast...4 days ahead of hosting the florida schools

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

I have Valentines Day in Tasty's contest....as a love letter to NT fans.

I forgot what date I submitted. Maybe @TheTastyGreek can remind me. 

I have this fantasy that Smatresk told RV his job would be decided by this basketball season, and if Benford was fired, RV would go with him. But then I remember UNT simply doesn't care if their most visible athletic teams win. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

For the record, I do not see official entries from @UNT90 or @Censored by Laurie 

If you guys made a comment in a thread, I probably missed it. I don't see you on my calendar or in my private messages. 

Never too late to enter! Four starry-eyed optimists have already seen their entry date go by. 

5 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

For the record, I do not see official entries from @UNT90 or @Censored by Laurie 

If you guys made a comment in a thread, I probably missed it. I don't see you on my calendar or in my private messages. 

Never too late to enter! 

Hell, I may have never entered.

Give me February 30...

Or Feb. 29th. Whichever shows up on the Pit big screen 1st.

PS: I want to change my date to the date that anyone hears Ernie bitching loudly pregame about Benford in the super exclusive I'm Better Than The Mean Green Room. That seems to be the true indicator of when coaches get fired around here, at least as long as Rick Villarreal is around...

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Never too late to enter! Four starry-eyed optimists have already seen their entry date go by. 

I definitely sent wrote you a message and remember feeling very hurt when you didn't reply. 

looking at the schedule, I'm almost certain I said Feb 15...team goes to ODU and Charlotte on the 11th and 13th...travel day Sunday with some rumblings already coming out, official announcement around noon time Monday...gives whoever is taking over 3 full days to get ready for the Florida schools at home

12 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I definitely sent wrote you a message and remember feeling very hurt when you didn't reply. 

looking at the schedule, I'm almost certain I said Feb 15...team goes to ODU and Charlotte on the 11th and 13th...travel day Sunday with some rumblings already coming out, official announcement around noon time Monday...gives whoever is taking over 3 full days to get ready for the Florida schools at home

I never saw a message... No PM received, no text message since the contest started. 

Unfortunately, the 15th of February is also taken. PM me your next best guess and I'll put you on the calendar. And, as anyone participating can assure you, I've been pretty diligent about letting people when their entry is official. 

24 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I think you may have actually posted this, as I recall someone posting this exact scenerio. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I think you may have actually posted this, as I recall someone posting this exact scenerio. 

eh...maybe? swear I wrote him, but probably just didn't hit send...no biggie, just revised my date to something I think may be a bit more plausible (and if right, will cause all sorts of basketball-angst and awful sport-point discussions on here)

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

eh...maybe? swear I wrote him, but probably just didn't hit send...no biggie, just revised my date to something I think may be a bit more plausible (and if right, will cause all sorts of basketball-angst and awful sport-point discussions on here)

So you predicted any date this year?

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

So you predicted any date this year?

I quoted Jared Ruffin when he was buying a Mr. Pibb and hot dog at the concession stand earlier this season. I will hit up J-Ruff on Facebook though and share your post. Keep talking crap about old players. It makes all of you look like good men

• Upvote 5

38 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I quoted Jared Ruffin when he was buying a Mr. Pibb and hot dog at the concession stand earlier this season. I will hit up J-Ruff on Facebook though and share your post. Keep talking crap about old players. It makes all of you look like good men

I saw Unjel Masters in the Jr. Mean Green Club bounce house and I showed him a microfiche of some old posts of yours I stole from Willis. He says you're a know-nothing East Coast piece of garbage that wouldn't have the guts to play a game of Knock Out with him and his crew, so why don't you just go ahead and back off the grown up table and stick to niche sports like quidditch?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

I saw Unjel Masters in the Jr. Mean Green Club bounce house and I showed him a microfiche of some old posts of yours I stole from Willis. He says you're a know-nothing East Coast piece of garbage that wouldn't have the guts to play a game of Knock Out with him and his crew, so why don't you just go ahead and back off the grown up table and stick to niche sports like quidditch?

Honestly I have wondered why guys like Willingham, Wesley, Roniger etc haven't been reached out to. It would be great to have them play and support Hogwarts again :)

Why don't you sign up to play? You post a lot and from what I have gathered like a broom up your bum. Sign up? It's for fun.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Honestly I have wondered why guys like Willingham, Wesley, Roniger etc haven't been reached out to. It would be great to have them play and support Hogwarts again :)

Why don't you sign up to play? You post a lot and from what I have gathered like a broom up your bum. Sign up? It's for fun.

Well, I think you're a real piece of dog crap and told Erika Bobo as much at Taco C last week. Also, please answer my PMs.

I really felt that the Ides of March would have been a fitting date to predict, but I didn't think he would last that long. My entry in Tasty's contest is March 7.