16' JUCO DT Dequinton Osborne (Kilgore JC)

TheReal_jayD

2 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Do we have any slots free for this guy to come into the program, if he gets his release from his LOI with Baylor(I'm assuming he signed.)

Or anyway we could get this guy onto the team this year if all the slots are full? Can't image this guy with English and Hoston..

We kept hearing that we had 1 spot left after signing day. We've since signed 4 (Hoston, Peters, Wyche, and Thomas). We still haven't hit 25 for the class I don't think, so if that's the hard max ten we could conceivably.

• Upvote 1

If players are wanting to leave and back out of their LOI then Baylor had better let them do it.  Last thing they want/need is to have 10+ guys there that don't want to be there..... and the parents of those guys continuing to bad mouth the program for not having released them.

My bet is that once the press gets wind of the number of players that wish to back out that they will blast it 24/7 to keep the scandal on people's minds and to sensationalize.... the outcome will be that the NCAA steps in and grants releases.

People moaned about the program and how Briles wouldn't be fired and rather he would be protected..... he got fired.

People said.... "but what about the AD".........gone.

"But the President/Chancellor???" relegated to a teaching role that he still might not even keep.

"Well the players who signed LOI not knowing a scandal was about to break loose?".......TBC.

People have been talking for days how they have had I believe 7 of there 2017 commits de-commit with-in a few days, along with all of these hyped recruits wanting out of their LOIs. 

I'm assuming JUCO guys that get scholarships count against the year that they sign, or would they be back tracked to the year they came out of HS(doubt this, but asking)? Wondering if that is how we are getting so many guys after signing day. But would love for us to somehow found a way to get Dequinton.  

8 hours ago, All About UNT said:

If players are wanting to leave and back out of their LOI then Baylor had better let them do it.  Last thing they want/need is to have 10+ guys there that don't want to be there..... and the parents of those guys continuing to bad mouth the program for not having released them.

My bet is that once the press gets wind of the number of players that wish to back out that they will blast it 24/7 to keep the scandal on people's minds and to sensationalize.... the outcome will be that the NCAA steps in and grants releases.

People moaned about the program and how Briles wouldn't be fired and rather he would be protected..... he got fired.

People said.... "but what about the AD".........gone.

"But the President/Chancellor???" relegated to a teaching role that he still might not even keep.

"Well the players who signed LOI not knowing a scandal was about to break loose?".......TBC.

The quicker the let people go the better it is to put this behind Baylor! Once the athlete puts in the request the school has to respond in 30 days. I am sure the staff will try to meet with the kids and their families during this time. As you stated Baylor is not going to want kids that want to bail because of the scandal and families being pissed about it ! 

• 2 weeks later...