Breaking: Darvin Kidsy Arrested

MGNation92

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't think I would go as far as calling Kidsy a cancer.  As far as we know, he has never been in trouble and has been a good teammate.  Hit and run is not good and I would never condone it, but the situation could have caused him to panic.  Football is the least of his worries at this time. 

My mistake.  I mixed up Kidsy and D'Aundrey Bradley.   Still, Kidsy has bigger problems than football right now, probably should focus on his legal troubles.  

3 hours ago, Tyler Maryak said:

The Twitter account you linked to isn't associated with the Denton Police Department.  Rather, it is some guy who has a vendetta against them because mug shots are temporarily uploaded to the Denton PD website and he wants to change that policy. Somehow, he thinks that permanently putting the mugshots on Twitter and inflating the situation by highlighting the "death" part of "serious personal injury or death" will achieve his ends.

Wow, the account owner is a real douchebag. "INVOLVES DEATH." Except that it doesn't really, and this guy is full of crap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

I support this message.

I don't trust the media or your friends. I trust my experience. I've had plenty of fun at 2 am, before 2 am, and well after 2 am. Never been in trouble either. I probably ended up with a kid after 2 am too. 

Sometimes you swim the Trinity after 2am........ Sh_t happens!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

That should be against the law frankly.  He is misrepresenting himself as law enforcement.

His stunt is obnoxious, but it looks like he's on solid legal ground because of the First Amendment. I think it's safe to assume that if Denton police could legally stop him it already would have happened. He's amassed 23,000 followers.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Did someone read to verify that the affidavit is REALLY embedded in the story? ?

The FULL affidavit is linked in green at the bottom left of the story, but I had to look twice and almost gave up. It is an interesting read...very interesting.

I understand that when Charlie Strong arrived in Austin, one of his first changes was to require that scholarship athletes live in dorms.  This is a good reason for such a rule here.  Another is that some take their stipend and forget to pay their rent.  And get evicted.

GO MEAN GREEN 

11 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I understand that when Charlie Strong arrived in Austin, one of his first changes was to require that scholarship athletes live in dorms.  This is a good reason for such a rule here.  Another is that some take their stipend and forget to pay their rent.  And get evicted.

GO MEAN GREEN 

Agree with that concept. In this case, however, it reads like it wouldn't have made a bit of difference unless there were stringent curfew rules and a badass "dorm mother" on hand to enforce them. Do those things exist anymore?

• 3 years later...