Roster update

BillySee58

Shoutout to NT03 for the heads up, but there was a roster update. Basically all the changes made were seniors and a few other players removed. No position changes, number changes, or additions (i.e. still no Morris, English, mid-term signees, etc).

Of note is no Greer, no punter Blake Macek, and no deepsnapper Tony Johnson. All three had a year of eligibility left, and were on scholarship. Also D'aundrey Bradley has not been added back yet.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Maybe Tony Johnson has been added to the alternate universe UNT roster where Doug Meacham is our coach? Atleast that is what his dad is tweeting.

What did he say?

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

no kenny buyers mrw_i_see_the_same_anchorman_gif_making_maybe waiting to hear back if he gets a medical waiver 

He shouldn't have needed a waiver. He had yet to use his redshirt. Hope we get him back somehow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Shoutout to NT03 for the heads up, but there was a roster update. Basically all the changes made were seniors and a few other players removed. No position changes, number changes, or additions (i.e. still no Morris, English, mid-term signees, etc).

Of note is no Greer, no punter Blake Macek, and no deepsnapper Tony Johnson. All three had a year of eligibility left, and were on scholarship. Also D'aundrey Bradley has not been added back yet.

Wait......... NT03 isn't deceased? 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I'm not surprised about Greer.  I suppose Macek maybe wanted to go somewhere he could be the only punter? Could Seth have pulled scholarships for special teams players?  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I'm not surprised about Greer.  I suppose Macek maybe wanted to go somewhere he could be the only punter? Could Seth have pulled scholarships for special teams players?  

I doubt Seth pulled scholarships. I thought I had seen somewhere where Tony Johnson said he wasn't coming back or something. Sometimes players just don't want to play their last season if they aren't going to play and they already have their degrees.

• Upvote 1

Also, if they might of been former walk-ons, they build up all this credibility with their hard work with the old coach and then the new coach comes in, they just because another body in the crowd. I know Macek was a scholarship guy but I wouldn't be surprised to see former walk-ons on scholarship fade out.

Side Note: With Greer gone, does that mean his overbearing Dad and Sister will be gone too?

bear animals being dicks scratch animals being jerks balls

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Buyers is back on the roster. I feel like someone just accidentally took him off because he was a senior and they forgot he redshirted last year.

Are you suggesting that someone in the AD made a mistake?  With the attention to detail that department normally shows, I would be shocked.

In a side note, I noticed our men's basketball team is 'flying high' into their matchup against Marshall tonight, JAN 9th, at 7pm.  SMH.

Tony Johnson was announced that he was graduating.

• Upvote 3

Just now, greenit said:

Are you suggesting that someone in the AD made a mistake?  With the attention to detail that department normally shows, I would be shocked.

In a side note, I noticed our men's basketball team is 'flying high' into their matchup against Marshall tonight, JAN 9th, at 7pm.  SMH.

They messed up with the Rice game announcement as well. It's embarrassing how often that stuff happens.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Withers940 said:

does that mean his overbearing Dad and Sister will be gone too?

Never had the privilege of encountering them, but it sure does seem to be a common thread among quarterback parents.  There are a couple I can name, but won't, who I'm glad to see gone for no other reason than their parents.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On January 14, 2016 at 10:14 PM, BillySee58 said:

So Means is still on the roster? 

Surprising. 

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Never had the privilege of encountering them, but it sure does seem to be a common thread among quarterback parents.  There are a couple I can name, but won't, who I'm glad to see gone for no other reason than their parents.

Well I mean, No one wants to hear about their kid getting torn a part by other people that dont know him on a personal level but getting on a Blog were Alumni/Fans get on there to Praise or degrade players is never a good Idea. I would site Greer and C Harris Dads for that poor mistake.

Also, Greers sister dog cussing some guy in the stands. Such distaste

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Greer, Smith, and McNulty would all have made fine D-II or FCS quarterbacks.  Something more their speed.  FBS - even in the C-USun Belt - moved too quickly for their decision making process-challenged brains. 

Greer might have been a good starter at a Division II or III college. McNulty probably would have been a starter at a bad FCS school. Smith would probably be an All-American at a FCS school.

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Greer might have been a good starter at a Division II or III college. McNulty probably would have been a starter at a bad FCS school. Smith would probably be an All-American at a FCS school.

I think that may be giving too much credit. Vernon Adams was an FCS all-american and he came in at Oregon and was one of the best QBs in the PAC-12. Smith was nowhere close to playing on that level. And I don't know about Mcnulty. Not only were we his only D1 offer, but he didn't have any FCS offers and he plays in a region of the country with plenty of FCS schools nearby. And he didn't exactly prove too be underrated.

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Agree.

Felt the same way about DaJon - too slow in decision-making at FBS.  Killed FCS Nicholls State.  That's his level.  Wonder if he'll ever show up anywhere again.

2 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Agree.

Felt the same way about DaJon - too slow in decision-making at FBS.  Killed FCS Nicholls State.  That's his level.  Wonder if he'll ever show up anywhere again.

DaJon's main flaw was the decision making.  I think you are 100% spot on about this.  Such a shame because he has so many talents.