Tom Herman of UH sounds off on shock jocks

31 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

Allen's parents said he was in Arizona with them.  Is that not proof to you?  Or does Lopez know more about where Allen is than his parents that he was with.

If the meeting happened, which there is proof that it didn't, dead period started 12/14/15.  Per Lopez's article, the meeting was to occur on 12/13.  Therefore not in the dead period.

So he can hide behind "sources said".  So if I say my sources say John Lopez has sex with goats, is that ok even if it is not the truth?  After all, I didn't say it, my sources did

Who says Lopez is well respected?  A&M fans?  He said that Sumlin was going to AZ.  Did he?  He said he had sources saying Herman was going to GA.  Did he?  He is catching hell from reporters and other talk show hosts about this.  Haven't seen a single reporter or talk show host in Houston supporting him.

Again not a recruiting violation and again he's been proven wrong by Allen's parents,.

His reputation at this point in his career is as a shock jock on sports radio.  He gains plenty from lying because he's controversial and is getting some people to tune in to see what other garbage he'll throw against the wall.

Again we know it wasn't a true story.  Even if he had "sources" (hopefully better than UGA_Insider which he has cited before), all it took was a quick call to Herman or UH's athletic dept.  Nope.  He didn't even attempt that

And there are quite a few coaches with good relationships with coaches, ADs, etc.  Lopez had NO relationship or source at UH.  And if you think a reporter is going to suppress a story that will advance their career to protect a buddy coach, you're a fool.  If you think Berman or Duarte (the real respected journalists in Houston sports, not Lopez) only listens to Herman or the SID, you're crazy.  They have official and unofficial sources.  And they get the story right.  Never seen those 2 say a thing about UH sports that wasn't true.  Lopez is wrong quite frequently and always negatively.

Ah yes, UH fans are stupid about football... And you are a beacon of football knowledge saying we don't know if Allen was in Houston, despite his parents saying he was in AZ with them.  We have 1 main idiot fan that bothers UNT fans, and too many other fanbases, CougarKing.  We hate him too.  He's banned from our message board and many others.  I wish you guys would ban him because I hate seeing his stuff and his tainting of UH fans' reputations.  I think you'll find most of our fans to be knowledgeable and polite, just like most UNT fans (although I've seen some idiot ones from your group too.  You don't fall in that category even though I'm disagreeing with you today).  But there are the CKs out there for all teams that make their fanbases look bad.

I'm going to be nice and respectful to all the UNT fans here regarding relevancy and fan counts based in a large metroplex.  I hope that Seth Littrell and UNT have enough success to have any story have any national prominence of this type, positive or negative.

UNT fans would kill for the success he had at TT.  Sadly they'd rather have his Wazzu history (2 bowl games in 4 years, 21-29 overall) than the last 4 years under McCarney.  Hopefully Littrell turns that around.

And since when did TT have unlimited resources?  One of the biggest sources of tension between the TT administration and Leach was that he was always looking for a new job, partially just to get raises.  If he was paid his worth at TT especially relative to the success level he had vs other Big 12 coaches, that wouldn't have been happening.

And here's a new addition to Lopez's bio  "In my time covering sports in Houston, you are the 10th Houston Cougars head football coach that I’ve covered. You also are the best, in my opinion. I’m a huge fan of yours. My son is a proud Houston Cougar and I regularly go to games — as a fan."  Per sources to the Houston Press (I just had to):  "It could have all been prevented if Lopez and/or Wright had ever actually bothered to make their presence known at the University of Houston. They never attended a practice this season. They never came to a game. They never came to a press conference. They had Herman on just once during the season, and never bothered to talk to him at any other time. "  More lies from Lopez

Jeff Fisher expects Case Keenum back as starting QB of Rams next season

Wow, you must really love UH.  You are going to have fun watching football the next few years.

3 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

So predictable lol. Butthurt because they weren't around UH. Which is fine, just don't make up crap about it. Even a Keenum fanboy to boot. ?

Predictable that you couldn't respond to proper rebuttals. I'd love for Lopez to never visit UH, but don't lie and say you do, just like lying about Allen and Herman meeting at UH.  Based on his correctness of facts, who do you think made up crap?

You call me a Keenum fanboy, but let me guess, you think Lance Dunbar is an amazing RB?  It really is ok to like pros from your school, even if they won't be HOFers.  You should pray that UNT ever has a college QB as great as Keenum.  Might turn the program around.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

The difference is that Keenum has been a failure at QB while Dunbar has excelled in every opportunity.

Keenum went 0-8 with the Texans.

Drooling fanboy.

3-2 with the Rams. 

I bet if Dunbar hadn't got hurt, the Cowboys make the playoffs because 95 yards rushing per season is excelling.  He excels so much that hopefully someday he will score a TD. 

Why do you have to act so stupid that you make me be a jerk on the UNT board responding to you?  UNT fans should be proud of Dunbar playing in the league, just like UH fans should be proud of Keenum playing.  But no, you have to act the fool and act like Dunbar is all pro while UH fans should be embarrassed by Keenum.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I can't deny it. UH & Texans fans still think Case Keenum deserved to be starting QB. Or Brandon Weeden. lol. Instead of embracing their relatively strong local college they root for...LSU? UT? A&M? 

Then they all bandwagoned to the Rangers after the Astros implosion...it's kinda funny tbh

Bandwagoned to the Rangers? WTF are you talking about? The DFW hate in this city is palpable.  People here do not bandwagon over to Dallas teams.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Ryan Munthe said:

Because you're stupid enough to take the bait.

Says the guy with the -320 rating.  Surprised you haven't been banned.  UH fan has a positive rating almost as high as your negative rating.  At least you're good at being a troll because you've shown no football knowledge.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Because you're stupid enough to take the bait.

Are you serious? Half this city are Cowboy fans and half were Rangers fans until the Astros got good again.

Hey dumb dumb. You do realize that a lot of folks here grew up in Dallas?  Say like myself for instance.  With that said I see some Cowboys fans and a handful Rangers fans. Half the city? Hyperbole I know but I seriously wonder if you are from here.  If you are then you would know that nothing brings this city together more than hating Dallas.  It's kinda weird actually. 

• Upvote 2

Done speaking to the troll. What a sad human being. If any other UNT fans want to keep the discussion going, I will be happy to post with you.

To the good UNT fans here (almost all of you) I'm sorry if any of my reactionary posts were negative about UNT players and traditions.  Living in the Denton area for years I enjoy UNT athletics as a second team although UH will always be my first love. 

BTW is there an Ignore function on this board?  Don't use that often but sometimes it is needed

Edited by NTXCoog
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

BTW is there an Ignore function on this board?  Don't use that often but sometimes it is needed

NTXCoog, I think you're looking for this: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/ignore/?id=44142&csrfKey=119d6d99bd388c91d89ab03a6d1e6519

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

18 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

Done speaking to the troll. What a sad human being. If any other UNT fans want to keep the discussion going, I will be happy to post with you.

To the good UNT fans here (almost all of you) I'm sorry if any of my reactionary posts were negative about UNT players and traditions.  Living in the Denton area for years I enjoy UNT athletics as a second team although UH will always be my first love. 

Strange thing is he was once a super fan. I guess the last couple years of losing have not been kind to the kid.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Still a super fan. Just don't respect most "fans" on this board.

Most fans don't appreciate being talked down to by someone either... especially about their school.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On January 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Ryan Munthe said:

Still a super fan. Just don't respect most "fans" on this board.

Well, I think most "fans" on this board probably don't respect you, so...     Win/win?...

A little advice, Ryan. Stop trying to win the Internet. Stop caring about stupid internet approval from people you don't even know and have convictions in your opinions. And if it does bother you that much, you should walk away from a while, because this place isn't reality. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On January 8, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Ryan Munthe said:

Definitely.

I'm just incredibly frustrated by the just ass kicking negativity on here. Like, I get it. We were the worst in FBS last year. Mac left the program in shambles. I get it. 

This place--during the offseason last year to now--has become a bitching fest by the same group of 10 or so people, who continually complain about the same thing. I used to enjoy having constructive discussions about the school or the athletic program, and now instead I get down voted and attacked because I worked for the athletic department and have a controversial opinion in regards to RV. Clearly it's a conflict of interest since I worked in the AD, but it's rather disheartening to get ripped to freaking shreds because I have my own big picture for UNT, and decided that I wanted to be a part of the university.

It's been hard to keep connected to the university after I left, and now when GMG would be the most useful, specifically for me, it is nothing but "fire Rick" posts (still) by people who feel personally offended by him to the point of disrespecting our university in person and online. 

Maybe I'm just idealistic or just haven't experienced the lows the program is at now, I just find the level of vitriol on here has crossed the line from impassioned criticism to personal hatred. It's just a little much. But because people were mad I spoke out against the vicious hatred, I get down voted and ripped to shreds at every corner. Of course it doesn't matter, says the people who make fun of the people who complain over reputation. Then you proceed to get discounted and trashed over negative rep, down voted to oblivion because I was willing to take a stance GMG's cult of personality couldn't deal with.

It's so vitriol-fueled that one of our program's best donors is a goddamn pariah on here. I get all fan forums have this to an extent, but UNT has a small and dedicated group of fans who know each other a bit too well and it becomes a cult of personality. 

So I decided to quite simply stop caring. Getting personally upset because my opinions and info were seen as trash because, simply, I cared enough to get involved and devote a LOT of my life to helping what I could help, made me turn on people here. Suggesting I don't bleed green is even more insane. So that's why I don't really post seriously on here anymore, because, quite simply, it isn't healthy. I just know how to push the buttons of people I find personally hateful because it keeps me entertained when I'm bored at work. It outwardly disrespects my close friends who dedicated themselves to their work, and the players I know. It's why most people connected to programs aren't stupid enough to post on fan forums like I am--and was.

I'm going to take a leave of absence on this forum, tired of feeling like people of my alma mater hate me, my friends, the players, and to a point my university. 

Fellow alumn don't take anything personally and never stop! If you do stop the negs win! 

• Downvote 1