Sidway's transcribed interview of RV

UNT90

@UNT90 I have a genuine question and am not wanting to bash you this time. Since this interview would be transcribed by Sidway (which could take a long while on a two hour interview), would you believe it to be comprehensive and accurate on release? Or would you then want the recording to verify that nothing was omitted? I'm just trying to save you a step. See if you can just get his audio recording somehow, it will save the both of you some work.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@UNT90 I have a genuine question and am not wanting to bash you this time. Since this interview would be transcribed by Sidway (which could take a long while on a two hour interview), would you believe it to be comprehensive and accurate on release? Or would you then want the recording to verify that nothing was omitted? I'm just trying to save you a step. See if you can just get his audio recording somehow, it will save the both of you some work.

Yes, that would be fine. I don't know if the school paper's website is capable of supporting a 2 hour audio clip, but I think it would be. Not like it's video (I wouldn't think).

And here is the deal, the much more concerning thing than lack of publication is lack of explanation. He has been asked several times, both publicly and privately, and has failed to respond where he was always quick to respond before. It's the deafening quiet that is a huge problem for Sidway's credibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

First, a two hour audio file would be very easy for a website to host. 

Secondly, I don't think they would want to as that opens up a demand to see all of a reporters notes and recordings by the public. 

There is no problem with Sidway's credibility if he doesn't release all the material gathered for his stories. Again, life happens and folks don't always follow through with casual comments. Suggesting Sidway is somehow obligated to release everything is the same as suggesting anytime you tell a telemarketer "I'll think about it" obligates you to contact the telemarketer again. The girl you hugged at the company Christmas party isn't going to leave her husband for you either!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

First, a two hour audio file would be very easy for a website to host. 

Secondly, I don't think they would want to as that opens up a demand to see all of a reporters notes and recordings by the public. 

There is no problem with Sidway's credibility if he doesn't release all the material gathered for his stories. Again, life happens and folks don't always follow through with casual comments. Suggesting Sidway is somehow obligated to release everything is the same as suggesting anytime you tell a telemarketer "I'll think about it" obligates you to contact the telemarketer again. The girl you hugged at the company Christmas party isn't going to leave her husband for you either!

Bullcrap. It wasn't a casual comment. He said it on more than one occasion and even promised to transcribe the interview. 

And then when it doesn't appear and he refuses to say why, he is suddenly scooping Vito for very major stories. 

That has a very nasty smell to it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Bullcrap. It wasn't a casual comment. He said it on more than one occasion and even promised to transcribe the interview. 

And then when it doesn't appear and he refuses to say why, he is suddenly scooping Vito for very major stories. 

That has a very nasty smell to it.

Any idea how long it takes to transcribe a 2 hour interview? It is a long process. If you don't have the right equipment that allows for easy rewind and playback, it takes even longer. It could be that he didn't know what he was saying he would do when he stated that. Not everything is a conspiracy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Any idea how long it takes to transcribe a 2 hour interview? It is a long process. If you don't have the right equipment that allows for easy rewind and playback, it takes even longer. It could be that he didn't know what he was saying he would do when he stated that. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do know how long it takes. 

And if that is the case, all he has to do is say so. He hasn't. Even after being repeatedly asked, he just plain didn't respond where he had been very responsive on the subject previously.

It appears one of two things has happened. Either Sidway has decided to use the interview as leverage to get info first, or he has been ordered not to publish it and not to talk about it and told he will be thrown a few bones because of it. If it's the second option, it really sucks that UNT would be willing to damage the reputation of someone to prevent harm to their AD. It would be extremely unfair to Sidway, but sometimes employers care only about themselves. 

There is a VERY easy solution. Sidway can just tell us what the hold up is or why he changed his mind. He hasn't shown that he is willing to do this so far. Hopefully things change.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Or option C, Sidway got busy and didn't bother explaining that to people on a message board. He got one or two stories a couple of hours before Vito and that could be explained dozens of ways besides some bizarre plot involving the Ghost of Jimmy Hoffa. 

Tomorrow 90 will announce his evidence RV is behind the Kennedy Assassination. And RV faked the moon landings and created fake video of the planes hitting the Twin Towers. 

With the extreme paranoid, you can't explain that something isn't a conspiracy since they see EVERYTHING as "proof" of what they believe.  

Just walk away from your donation - you'll feel a lot better. 

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Nice. check in and see your running another witch hunt.  Apply a theory and then try prove or disprove it, in this case because you didn't get your way, again by just asking, your going to publicly bully this kid and try to humiliate this young man into a response.

what a joke.

Really? Bully him into answering a question? Fulfilling a promise he made publicly?

Do you want to cryptically tell me that you know more than I do and then refuse to share any info about it?  

This all could be cleared up with a simple explanation from Mr. Sidway. He made the promise publicly.

And don't forget, as you told us so often, #itsallajoke.

Remember? 

EDIT: And he's a man. He's 30!

EDIT EDIT: Another witch hunt? So you think wanting Rick Villarreal fired for poor job performance is a witch hunt? 

That explains so much.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

59 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do know how long it takes. 

And if that is the case, all he has to do is say so. He hasn't. Even after being repeatedly asked, he just plain didn't respond where he had been very responsive on the subject previously.

It appears one of two things has happened. Either Sidway has decided to use the interview as leverage to get info first, or he has been ordered not to publish it and not to talk about it and told he will be thrown a few bones because of it. If it's the second option, it really sucks that UNT would be willing to damage the reputation of someone to prevent harm to their AD. It would be extremely unfair to Sidway, but sometimes employers care only about themselves. 

There is a VERY easy solution. Sidway can just tell us what the hold up is or why he changed his mind. He hasn't shown that he is willing to do this so far. Hopefully things change.

Certain it is option one as I don't think anyone in the school has the power to order him to do anything. If they did they would be facing a massive black-eye when he reported of the coverup.  By the way, well done Sidway. To leverage the interview to further your career (portfolio) is smart and shows you are ready for what the real world has to offer. I mean that

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, HoustonEagle said:

Certain it is option one as I don't think anyone in the school has the power to order him to do anything. If they did they would be facing a massive black-eye when he reported of the coverup.  By the way, well done Sidway. To leverage the interview to further your career (portfolio) is smart and shows you are ready for what the real world has to offer. I mean that

I guess he could be a true ladder climber. If so, you applaud him? That type of behavior only brings temporary gain. I would actually feel sorry for him if this were the case. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Really? Bully him into answering a question? Fulfilling a promise he made publicly?

Do you want to cryptically tell me that you know more than I do and then refuse to share any info about it?  

This all could be cleared up with a simple explanation from Mr. Sidway. He made the promise publicly.

And don't forget, as you told us so often, #itsallajoke.

Remember? 

EDIT: And he's a man. He's 30!

EDIT EDIT: Another witch hunt? So you think wanting Rick Villarreal fired for poor job performance is a witch hunt? 

That explains so much.

Enjoys financing 1-11,...so...

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I guess he could be a true ladder climber. If so, you applaud him? That type of behavior only brings temporary gain. I would actually feel sorry for him if this were the case. 

Sure I do.  What you seem to overlook is this is not a cover up of some criminal act.  There is no societal obligation to release any more than he deems necessary.  If for some reason RV and Sidway came to an agreement about the rest of the interview then by all means that is their right. Sidway does of course have to balance that decision with accusations that he reneged on his original statement of releasing a transcript. Which he did renege on it appears.  This is of course is all conjecture and the most realistic answer is Sidway is a college student and just did not get around to it......

I honestly could care less about the interview.  RV most likely spoke in half truths and managed to embarrass himself a bit.  The usual fare.  Still this is not Watergate.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

Sure I do.  What you seem to overlook is this is not a cover up of some criminal act.  There is no societal obligation to release any more than he deems necessary.  If for some reason RV and Sidway came to an agreement about the rest of the interview then by all means that is their right. Sidway does of course have to balance that decision with accusations that he reneged on his original statement of releasing a transcript. Which he did renege on it appears.  This is of course is all conjecture and the most realistic answer is Sidway is a college student and just did not get around to it......

I honestly could care less about the interview.  RV most likely spoke in half truths and managed to embarrass himself a bit.  The usual fare.  Still this is not Watergate.

It's SidVillagate! And the public demands an answer!!!!!!!111!!!1!11!1

He is a 30 year old "college student" who is also a professional sports reporter (beat reporter for FC Dallas Soccer). He isn't some 20 year old kid.

Oh, and Fly, I'm sure he is quite amused by today's activities. 

Houston, I really don't think this is his angle, as if he were going to use the interview as leverage, he would have never promised to publish it. I think it is far more likely he was arm twisted into not doing it by his boss's boss's boss.

Now, if I were really shooting for a conspiracy theory, I would have said that Fly paid off Sidway to protect his drinking buddy. But we all know that would never happen...

Don't we?...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, ADLER said:

I was able to uncover this video, and I believe it holds the concealed information that the impassioned requester requires.

The video containing text

I wish UNT would let someone else go...

Sad that this will most likely never see the light of day, as I think there is a very good possibility that it would show how divorced the UNT AD has become from reality. I think the lie about basketball attendance is probably the tip of the iceberg in that interview. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

It's SidVillagate! And the public demands an answer!!!!!!!111!!!1!11!1

He is a 30 year old "college student" who is also a professional sports reporter (beat reporter for FC Dallas Soccer). He isn't some 20 year old kid.

Oh, and Fly, I'm sure he is quite amused by today's activities. 

Houston, I really don't think this is his angle, as if he were going to use the interview as leverage, he would have never promised to publish it. I think it is far more likely he was arm twisted into not doing it by his boss's boss's boss.

Now, if I were really shooting for a conspiracy theory, I would have said that Fly paid off Sidway to protect his drinking buddy. But we all know that would never happen...

Don't we?...

There is no cover up. There is no evidence of any cover up. Sidway reported a couple or three stories a mere two to three hours before Vito did. `

The public isn't demanding any answers. A few delusional fans think a report for the student newspaper should drop everything else in his life to answer their requests. 

Let your donation go, you'll never be happy until you do. This buyers remorse has passed being ridiculous!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, VideoEagle said:

There is no cover up. There is no evidence of any cover up. Sidway reported a couple or three stories a mere two to three hours before Vito did. `

The public isn't demanding any answers. A few delusional fans think a report for the student newspaper should drop everything else in his life to answer their requests. 

Let your donation go, you'll never be happy until you do. This buyers remorse has passed being ridiculous!

Na, I think I have a way to hang on one more year without having any financial commitment in the hopes that UNT will do something it's never done before: care about athletics. 

Crazy, right? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Na, I think I have a way to hang on one more year without having any financial commitment in the hopes that UNT will do something it's never done before: care about athletics. 

Crazy, right? 

Serious question here, not a jab. If by some strange turn of events RV is dumb enough to step down or Smatresk pulls the trigger. Who is on your list of who UNT should consider for the AD position. Established successful AD from an FCS school. Associate AD from an FBS school. Pretty sure Hyman wouldn't take this big of a step down.

57 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Serious question here, not a jab. If by some strange turn of events RV is dumb enough to step down or Smatresk pulls the trigger. Who is on your list of who UNT should consider for the AD position. Established successful AD from an FCS school. Associate AD from an FBS school. Pretty sure Hyman wouldn't take this big of a step down.

A professional AD that won't make manipulation of large donors and keeping his job a priority over everything else. 

An upgrade at this position really won't be hard. I'll leave it to Smatresk to find the right guy. Hopefully someone who has a fantastic fundraising resume at a G5 school. That really would be my only prerequisite.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

15 hours ago, THOR said:

So students on class can transcribe a lecture, but an accomplished media guy cant???hmmm...hate to do it...but 90 has a point...

I've also gotta go with 90 on this. Sidway did say he would be posting the transcript, and he hasn't. Many of you arguing with 90 have valid points regarding the delay, but enough time has passed that Mr. Sidway should at least be able to take the 45 seconds needed to respond to an inquiry regarding it's release. For comparison, this post has taken me about 25 seconds so far.

Possible responses that wouldn't take him very long:

1) I decided not to release it

2) I still plan to release it but I've been backlogged...should see it by early February

3) I'm authoring a book to be released on X date; advanced copies selling for $29.99

4) I "lost" the recording

If option 4, let the conspiracy theories fly. 

My point is, Sidway should respond to a request for information regarding a previous claim that he himself made. There's nothing wrong with expecting someone to follow through on their word.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, 10Eagle10 said:

There's nothing wrong with expecting someone to follow through on their word.

Except this is UNT, where lying about the below and constant losing bring no consequences:

Quarterly meetings, 6 home games every year, Tulsa (at least twice), concerts at the new stadium, better OOC home games at the new stadium, locker room cancers, and I'm sure several others. 

That is probably why so many are ok with it. They are simply conditioned to be misled...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

This isn't happening, so its a moot point, but if it did, I'd go after someone who has done well at fundraising in a G5 urban school, i.e. not Arkansas State or ULL...

Losing is always tough to deal with, in part, because a lot of different components affect outcomes (recruiting, health, grades, schedule, etc...) on the field or on the court. But to have 15 years to cultivate 17 BMDs while overseeing an increase of about 800+ people in the MGC when 70k+ have graduated in that timeframe shouldn't be a very difficult hurdle to jump over for ANYBODY who is a decent AD. And to the RV apologists, if you're right, nobody else comes in and does better at this, then it will be obvious that we aren't ever gonna be able to build this program up to where we hoped it would get. 

Again, though, its a moot point. He isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He is too protected right now. Its an amazing accomplishment if you really think about it in these times of huge athletic budgets and the size of our student body and alumni base.