Sidway's transcribed interview of RV

UNT90

For anyone who thinks Coach Littrell will receive the best support possible to succeed.  

Per greenpedler on the M&G board this email was sent out to MGC members this past Monday regarding the Rice basketball game.  It mentions Rice in the headline, but mentions Texas College in the paragraph.  No date was given and the time is wrong.

MEAN GREEN CLUB HOSPITALITY ROOM FOR MEN'S BASKETBALL VS RICE

The Mean Green Club Hospitality Room for tonight's game against Texas College will open at 6:00 PM for all Victory Circle members and above. Light snacks will be served until tip-off at 7:00 PM.
A new entrance off North Texas Blvd is now open across Lot 20 and is labeled by a Mean Green Club Hospitality...

So later they correct and resend the email but it's still incorrect.  It still refers to "tonight's game".  Of course the game is on Saturday January 9th.

MEAN GREEN CLUB HOSPITALITY ROOM FOR MEN'S BASKETBALL VS RICE

The Mean Green Club Hospitality Room for tonight's game against Rice will open at noon for all Victory Circle members and above. Lunch will be served for $10 until tip-off at 1:00 PM.

Yeah,...we take college athletics very seriously around here. 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

For anyone who thinks Coach Littrell will receive the best support possible to succeed.  

Per greenpedler on the M&G board this email was sent out to MGC members this past Monday regarding the Rice basketball game.  It mentions Rice in the headline, but mentions Texas College in the paragraph.  No date was given and the time is wrong.

So later they correct and resend the email but it's still incorrect.  It still refers to "tonight's game".  Of course the game is on Saturday January 9th.

Yeah,...we take college athletics very seriously around here. 

Rick

An Athletic Department enema is long overdue!

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

I think most on here (a poll showed something like 85%) agree with UNT90's view of the AD.

It's kinda like that guy at work that constantly tells you all day long how much work sucks. Sure, it sucks, but the constant reminders begin to suck more than the job sucking. And then you tell the guy to give it a rest, so he labels you as the bosses lapdog. Then he starts a petition to form a union. You don't agree with the forming a union, but still think work sucks. But, because you don't want to pay union dues and don't want to make a giant "Work Sucks" banner, you are labeled as being happy with the status quo and not willing to do anything to affect change. But he talks more than anyone about how work sucks and has been saying it for more years than anyone else. If anyone disagrees, he runs to HR and stands up in the lunch room and tells everyone that he is allowed to think that work sucks and his freedom of speech is being restricted, even though he talks all day long about how much work sucks.

Funny thing is, you still think work sucks.

correct_chris_farley_billy_madison.gif

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

I think most on here (a poll showed something like 85%) agree with UNT90's view of the AD.

It's kinda like that guy at work that constantly tells you all day long how much work sucks. Sure, it sucks, but the constant reminders begin to suck more than the job sucking. And then you tell the guy to give it a rest, so he labels you as the bosses lapdog. Then he starts a petition to form a union. You don't agree with the forming a union, but still think work sucks. But, because you don't want to pay union dues and don't want to make a giant "Work Sucks" banner, you are labeled as being happy with the status quo and not willing to do anything to affect change. But he talks more than anyone about how work sucks and has been saying it for more years than anyone else. If anyone disagrees, he runs to HR and stands up in the lunch room and tells everyone that he is allowed to think that work sucks and his freedom of speech is being restricted, even though he talks all day long about how much work sucks.

Funny, but not true. There are very few I accuse of undying support of RV, and the ones that I have accused have demonstrated such throughout their postings on this board. 

And I'm rarely the first to address anyone. Usually I'm responding to disparaging comments thrown my way.

And I would never label anyone for just not contributing to the banner. Many on here agree that RV needs to go, but don't agree with the banner. Others don't agree with either. And that's fine. Just don't attack me for setting up a gofundme account.

Just what this board needs, more discussion about me...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Funny, but not true. There are very few I accuse of undying support of RV, and the ones that I have accused have demonstrated such throughout their postings on this board. 

And I'm rarely the first to address anyone. Usually I'm responding to disparaging comments thrown my way.

And I would never label anyone for just not contributing to the banner. Many on here agree that RV needs to go, but don't agree with the banner. Others don't agree with either. And that's fine. Just don't attack me for setting up a gofundme account.

I do still love you, though. In a man way.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

zOk7nol.gif

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Perhaps not, but I guess you could fairly ask if Sidway is a man of his word or not.

Maybe that's an old fashioned concept, but what's right is right.

I wouldn't go as far to say a "tweet" isnt keeping his word, again its a tweet.  Anyone can ask but he doesnt have to respond and he doesnt have to give you an explanation.  Its his job on the line, not some fans who paid a lot for club seats, but not more than anyone else who paid for them, but I digress.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Seuss said:

I wouldn't go as far to say a "tweet" isnt keeping his word, again its a tweet.  Anyone can ask but he doesnt have to respond and he doesnt have to give you an explanation.  Its his job on the line, not some fans who paid a lot for club seats, but not more than anyone else who paid for them, but I digress.

So his job is on the line? 

Are you saying someone ordered him not to publish the transcribed interview?

Telling your Twitter followers that you will publish a transcript is making a promise to your readers. It's called social media for a reason. 

Breaking that promise without an explanation makes you untrustworthy. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Oh so because a journalist posted about a story on Twitter is doesn't mean what he says it means?

Sorry, but your response is BS. He said something and isn't doing it and (so far) has refused to explain why he hasn't done what he said he would do.

1 hour ago, Green P1 said:

I bet you did. 

You would have lost, the giant letters on a phone screen made it tough to read.

12 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Oh so because a journalist posted about a story on Twitter is doesn't mean what he says it means?

Sorry, but your response is BS. He said something and isn't doing it and (so far) has refused to explain why he hasn't done what he said he would do.

You would have lost, the giant letters on a phone screen made it tough to read.

Everyone has their own opinion. If he chooses not to tell his readers why, there's a reason why. I'm sure its justified and I'm sure he'll lose some readers but that's his choice, not the readers.  Would I like to see what he reported?  Yes, but I can understand why he hasn't posted anything.  

I guess I was told not to talk back and accept it.  Sounds like the ones usually saying no (adults) "dont talk back" are the ones wanting an explanation, but again, I digress.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

I guess I was told not to talk back and accept it.  Sounds like the ones usually saying no (adults) "dont talk back" are the ones wanting an explanation, but again, I digress.

I don't even know what this means. Please explain.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I don't even know what this means. Please explain.

When an adult tells a child no and and the child ask why?  Typically, asking "why" is talking back.  I'm referring to you as the child(you act like one) and Sidway is the adult. 

Sidway doesn't owe you an explanation.  Just like an adult doesn't owe a child an explanation.

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

42 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

When an adult tells a child no and and the child ask why?  Typically, asking "why" is talking back.  I'm referring to you as the child(you act like one) and Sidway is the adult. 

Sidway doesn't owe you an explanation.  Just like an adult doesn't owe a child an explanation.

Sidway isn't just an adult, he is a member of the media. A member of the media who trumpeted a 2 hour interview of Rick Villarreal many times and promised his audience a transcript. 

As a media member, if you don't do what you say you are going to do, you owe your audience an explanation. Absent that explanation, you better expect that you will lose trust with many in that audience, and, more importantly, sources that you need for stories. Inanimate objects don't quote themselves. 

So, yes, it's his choice, but as a reader, it's my choice to point out his hypocracy (assuming he plans to never publish the interview and never plans to comment on it) and to question his journalistic integrity, being that he started scooping Vito on a regular basis after not publishing that transcript. 

Call me what ever you want to call me. Don't care. As I recall, Sideay is a friend of yours, correct? If so, tell him a simple explanation goes a long way. If he has been ordered not to publish it, simply say that.

Saying nothing followed by getting info first from the AD gives an appearance of impropriety, in this case using the interview to get the first spot in line. If this isn't the case, say so and explain why the transcript hasn't been posted. 

If you don't, what are your readers left to think?

Also, not surprised by the personal insult from you. It appears all you know how to do lately. It's like your own little RV. Lol.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Everyone has their own opinion. If he chooses not to tell his readers why, there's a reason why. I'm sure its justified and I'm sure he'll lose some readers but that's his choice, not the readers.  Would I like to see what he reported?  Yes, but I can understand why he hasn't posted anything.  

Again, maybe it's old fashioned, but I was raised to mean what you say. If your parents taught you not to talk back then surely they also taught you to be honest, right?

You are stretching awfully far to satisfy your anti 90 agenda.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Again, maybe it's old fashioned, but I was raised to mean what you say. If your parents taught you not to talk back then surely they also taught you to be honest, right?

You are stretching awfully far to satisfy your anti 90 agenda.

Did Sidway tweet something that he hasnt followed through on?  Right now, yes, but who hasn't followed through on everything they've said they would do?  Does it make it right?  No, but get over it and pick your battles.   Did RV make the paper not publish the article, I have no idea nor do I care.

Y'all are acting like its a crime not to publish an article that he did.  I don't work for the paper nor do I know anyone that writes for the paper.  Hopefully, you can tell by my grammar that I not an english major.  I just know common sense, this is common sense.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh man is there any need for more evidence? The results speak a lot louder than any words you would find. We all agree, at no other place would this be endured. We are very very unfortunate fans. Such transcript will not change that. Really I have no idea what would. It would be good to know that instead.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

Oh man is there any need for more evidence? The results speak a lot louder than any words you would find. We all agree, at no other place would this be endured. We are very very unfortunate fans. Such transcript will not change that. Really I have no idea what would. It would be good to know that instead.

Apparently Rick Villarreal has a consequence free job and is protected by high level donors who threaten to pull funding if their close, personal friend is fired. There really is no other explanation how a person who has destroyed the 3 revenue sports at UNT can keep his job.

I guess some people donate money to a man, not the University of North Texas. 

There really is no other explanation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, GangGreen said:

Exactly.