Sidway's transcribed interview of RV

UNT90

4 minutes ago, rcade said:

Speak for yourself. This board supported RV's firing by over 90% in two polls taken in recent months. That tells me a lot of us do care about putting out the dumpster fire as soon as possible.

I get it Rogers. I know he needs to go but there appears to be nothing we all can do to change that while still supporting our beloved Mean Green. Until the largest donors want him gone, we get a superdonor a la T. Boone who wants him gone, or the Prez wants him gone, we are just talking to talk.

• Upvote 4

Look, its clear he's been bought off or threatened. You can do that kinda stuff at a place where athletics is run by 17 donors who are friends with the AD and BOR and President.

If Littrell's success is dependent on RV's job status, then he's gonna fail--RV ain't going anywhere, anytime soon. He will just fall in line with every hire made by RV not named Johnny Jones.

But, again, in the end, it doesn't really matter. He is here to stay as long as he wants as AD. There aren't enough people who care, so it is what it is. You just have to accept it. You either stick it out or you walk away. There is no in between. And the BOR doesn't give two $hits on which path you take. They know that there are others right behind you that are enrolled or recent graduated.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I get it Rogers. I know he needs to go but there appears to be nothing we all can do to change that while still supporting our beloved Mean Green. 

I think you're too quick to accept failure. Fans of the program should keep banging the drum for a new AD until RV is gone. Keep in mind that Smatresk inherited him and refused to give him a public vote of confidence when asked. It should be possible to persuade him to make a fresh start at the top of athletics.

If we don't, I share UNT90's opinion that it will be a huge drag on Littrell's chances for success in Denton.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good Lord, there's no vast right wing conspiracy here. RV and Sidway aren't conspiring to keep the Lindberg baby hidden. Sidway was an experienced reporter before he came to North Texas. He's on campus and a student which gives him access to sources a non-student just doesn't have. He managed to get two or three stories before Vito, but Vito's had far more stories in the past month before Sidway. 

Gee, a student said he intended to transcribe several hours of notes - for free, no pay or reward - but then ran into Finals and Christmas break and didn't do it. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. It must be a conspiracy. 

I understand, 90 made a $7500 donation to the university and now regrets it. It's call buyers remorse. He can simply walk away but he's not getting it back. It was a donation, a required donation but a donation never the less. Just because he wants his money back isn't a reason that everything and everyone connected to the university are going to fail. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Good Lord, there's no vast right wing conspiracy here. RV and Sidway aren't conspiring to keep the Lindberg baby hidden. Sidway was an experienced reporter before he came to North Texas. He's on campus and a student which gives him access to sources a non-student just doesn't have. He managed to get two or three stories before Vito, but Vito's had far more stories in the past month before Sidway. 

Gee, a student said he intended to transcribe several hours of notes - for free, no pay or reward - but then ran into Finals and Christmas break and didn't do it. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. It must be a conspiracy. 

I understand, 90 made a $7500 donation to the university and now regrets it. It's call buyers remorse. He can simply walk away but he's not getting it back. It was a donation, a required donation but a donation never the less. Just because he wants his money back isn't a reason that everything and everyone connected to the university are going to fail. 

Then why won't he simply say he is busy.

When asked directly, he didn't respond.

You know, you are one of the big preachers on here about "have you emailed? Have you asked?" Well, I have. And I've gotten zero response. For weeks. Whereas his previous behavior was to answer, and usually well within 24 hours.

So what changed? 

This isn't hard, just give us an explanation. But, of course, you never require an explanation for anything. ?

As far as everything failing, it has been in athletics lately. Every single revenue sport. But, again, that doesn't bother you. And you are damn straight I'm upset about my "donation." Because that "donation" came with promises that now appear to be straight out lies. And I'm not the only one, my friend, just the vocal one. 

UNT has made it crystal clear that there will be no concerts as promised. There will certainly not be a better home schedule as promised,  and it hasn't led to a deeper talent pool.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

WHY WONT ANYONE HOLD SIDEWAY'S FEETS TO THE FIRE STUPID LYING STUDENT!!!! ALSO TO THE GIRL THAT SAID SHE'D CALL ME ON NEW YEARS EVE HOW HARD IS IT TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR WORD I DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY  

I'm so sad I'm out of +1s.  Because this deserves 100.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

WHY WONT ANYONE HOLD SIDEWAY'S FEETS TO THE FIRE STUPID LYING STUDENT!!!! ALSO TO THE GIRL THAT SAID SHE'D CALL ME ON NEW YEARS EVE HOW HARD IS IT TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR WORD I DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY  

I was going to answer 90, but this is just soooo much better. 

And I'm happy to see someone else's spellcheck has a hard time with "Sidway." 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

Sidway doesnt have to tell anyone why or when he'll post the story.  If he post it, he's post it.  At the end of the day, he knows his job better than we do. I tend to pick my battles a little better than 90, but I digress.

I would agree with you IF HE HADN'T PROMISED TO POST IT. 

And then magically scoop Vito on 3 or 4 big stories while failing to provide a simple reason why he hasn't posted it. 

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was ordered not to post it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

No, because it wouldn't change a damn thing. You can keep your Occupy GMG.com protest going as long as you want but the majority of folks on here do not care. They care about the new football coaching staff and recruiting. They don't care about the AD's interview with the school newspaper.

This will be hard to beat for post of 2016. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

No, because it wouldn't change a damn thing. You can keep your Occupy GMG.com protest going as long as you want but the majority of folks on here do not care. They care about the new football coaching staff and recruiting. They don't care about the AD's interview with the school newspaper.

We care.

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Umm, no. I don't want to hold everyone's money and then not be able to fulfill the terms of the agreement for which the money was donated.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/108850-the-banner-will-fly/?do=findComment&comment=954360

He did exactly what was agreed to by the donors.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Green P1 said:

tldr

10 hours ago, Dr. Seuss said:

Sidway doesnt have to tell anyone why or when he'll post the story.  If he post it, he's post it.  At the end of the day, he knows his job better than we do. I tend to pick my battles a little better than 90, but I digress.

Perhaps not, but I guess you could fairly ask if Sidway is a man of his word or not.

Maybe that's an old fashioned concept, but what's right is right.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I get it Rogers. I know he needs to go but there appears to be nothing we all can do to change that while still supporting our beloved Mean Green. Until the largest donors want him gone, we get a superdonor a la T. Boone who wants him gone, or the Prez wants him gone, we are just talking to talk.

There are things we can do. The banner, really the media attention surrounding the banner, drew a large amount of attention to RV's failed record in major sports, a piece in the star telegram where someone (in the president's office, I'm sure) leaked that Smatresk was asked for a public vote of support for RV and refused. It led to a 2 hour interview with Sidway where RV told another lie to justify declining basketball attendance.

There may be other lies or harmful statements in that interview, which is why it is important that Sidway follow through with what he said he would do. 

There are plenty of things you can do. You, like all UNT fans, have just been conditioned to accept it. Like I said in another thread (shocking, I know), it's really the most logical way to approach something that the university itself cares so little about. But how has that worked out for UNT athletics the last 30 years? 

So you can sit back and take it or try to do something, anything to affect change. 

Some are doers, some aren't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

tldr

Perhaps not, but I guess you could fairly ask if Sidway is a man of his word or not.

Maybe that's an old fashioned concept, but what's right is right.

Let's say basketball doesn't win another game and suddenly people want to fly another banner. I would be extremely hesitant to put any willing donor in touch with Sidway if the article is not published as was promised. I would be very worried about the slant of any article he would write. 

That's what happens when you break your word as a journalist, you lose trust and consequently lose sources of information. 

Something for Sidway to consider. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Only if it flies on a random Thursday when Sidway isn't in class.

I forget, you're a sit by on the sidelines type of guy, hoping one day God will get UNT to 6 wins.

Or Sidway to publish an interview.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

29 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

It must be a tremendous burden to have to assess what type of guy each poster is, and then have to remember it.

Put me down as a guy who has some empathy for your cause, admires your tenacity and questions with wonderment the amount of free time you have to deliberate and pontificate on the subject, but has grown tired of the unending, monotonous effort to tell the same story 7500 times.

GMG

I get it. 

You will continue to see it until the problem is solved. 

I'm an amazing multi-tasker, just to ease your couriosity. 

• Upvote 1

UNT90: if I were a potential recruit, I would jump on these types of boards to see what kind of fan base UNT has...  You are a detriment to our recruiting process for sure.  Regarding wanting to be paid back your Club Level License and you will walk because this is such a mess....AND you are criticizing others who wont form a Go Fund Me to pay you off.....YOU MUST be the dumbest investor I have ever met....cut your losses if this is such a bad deal!!!  Why are you dumping more money for season tickets year after year is this is such a dump!!!  Surely you didn't get a business degree from UNT in 1990.  I did, and know for a fact that I was taught in my Finance class (both under-grad and grad) that you cut your losses in a bad deal and move on...  Please do that would you?  Firing RV all the time is your only comment....  Negative comments promote a negative environment....if you have a valid answer, please share in a positive way.  If you want RV gone so bad, pony up the $$ to get on the BOR and do something about it, otherwise you are flapping your gums just to hear yourself talk and feel like you have a valid point.....which you do not....  Now get on board or jump ship!!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

UNT90: if I were a potential recruit, I would jump on these types of boards to see what kind of fan base UNT has...  You are a detriment to our recruiting process for sure.  Regarding wanting to be paid back your Club Level License and you will walk because this is such a mess....AND you are criticizing others who wont form a Go Fund Me to pay you off.....YOU MUST be the dumbest investor I have ever met....cut your losses if this is such a bad deal!!!  Why are you dumping more money for season tickets year after year is this is such a dump!!!  Surely you didn't get a business degree from UNT in 1990.  I did, and know for a fact that I was taught in my Finance class (both under-grad and grad) that you cut your losses in a bad deal and move on...  Please do that would you?  Firing RV all the time is your only comment....  Negative comments promote a negative environment....if you have a valid answer, please share in a positive way.  If you want RV gone so bad, pony up the $$ to get on the BOR and do something about it, otherwise you are flapping your gums just to hear yourself talk and feel like you have a valid point.....which you do not....  Now get on board or jump ship!!!!!

This is incredibly mild compared to many other fan boards. If this board scares off a recruit then he likely isn't made of stern enough stuff for big boy football.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Let's say basketball doesn't win another game and suddenly people want to fly another banner. I would be extremely hesitant to put any willing donor in touch with Sidway if the article is not published as was promised. I would be very worried about the slant of any article he would write. 

That's what happens when you break your word as a journalist, you lose trust and consequently lose sources of information. 

Something for Sidway to consider. 

Good point. How are we supposed to trust another Sidway story that doesn't quote you?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Good point. How are we supposed to trust another Sidway story that doesn't quote you?

Quote me properly.

Get it right, man.

44 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Lol. How UNT of you. Someone wants results and you want them cut out of the fan base.

Impact on recruiting????  Comical. 

I think Portland St 66 UNT 7 has a far greater impact on recruiting than anything said on a fan board. Ever. 

However, I do find it funny that in the same post you say my words are meaningless, yet somehow magically influence recruits not to come to UNT.

Pick an argument...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4