Sidway's transcribed interview of RV

UNT90

So, it's been about 3 months now and no transcript or audio posting of this interview.

And Sidway has been consistently scooping Vito...

Will we ever see this 2 hour interview transcribed? Has there been a backroom deal to quash another embarrassing, lie filled RV moment?

Or is Sidway just way, way, way overworked?

If any of you know him, see if you can get an answer. I haven't been able to get an answer from him through social media...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Who cares. Never saw the files on JFK either....

I would hope anyone that supports this program would care.

Otherwise, let's just keep doing the same things that have led to 15 years of suck...

Not to mention Sidway promised publicly that this would be done. A non-statement from him coupled with consistently scooping Vito on major issues leads to questions about his journalistic integrity (if that even exists anymore). It also makes one wonder what could be so bad on the interview that UNT would go to such extremes to stop it's publication. 

Maybe there is a simple explanation, maybe not, but the longer Sidway says nothing really makes one wonder...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Just now, UNT90 said:

Whining? Don't you want to know what is in this interview that would lead to its apparent suppression?

No, because it wouldn't change a damn thing. You can keep your Occupy GMG.com protest going as long as you want but the majority of folks on here do not care. They care about the new football coaching staff and recruiting. They don't care about the AD's interview with the school newspaper.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 6

The problem we have here is that an interview(a rather long one by Sidway's account) was conducted with RV. There was every indication(from Sidway) that he would post the transcript of the entire interview. Said interview has not been posted on Twitter or published in the Daily. There may be a very logical explanation for all of this and there probably is. The silence on the topic of posting the interview is deafening and not in a good way. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Whining? Don't you want to know what is in this interview that would lead to its apparent suppression?

It's not suppressed just because he chose not to give you a transcription of his interview. Reporters usually don't print all of their notes from an interview. And choosing to not publish all of you notes does not make a reporter part of some vast conspiracy! He got several articles out of the interview and that's the way things work. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

No, because it wouldn't change a damn thing. You can keep your Occupy GMG.com protest going as long as you want but the majority of folks on here do not care. They care about the new football coaching staff and recruiting. They don't care about the AD's interview with the school newspaper.

So you speak for the majority now? Interesting.

Well, they should care. Because nothing changes with Rick Villarreal as AD. Littrell will fail unless Villarreal exits shortly. Mark it.

It will be Dodge, Mac, Benford, Peterson, Stephens, et al all over again. And it won't be Littrell's fault. He is swimming in a cultural sewer. 

Its funny how folks on here want to talk about DMac Checking out for retirement but refuse to open their eyes to Rick Villarreal doing the very same thing right in front of their eyes.

The interview is important. It's was promised to his readers. Publish it or tell them why you won't.

2 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

It's not suppressed just because he chose not to give you a transcription of his interview. Reporters usually don't print all of their notes from an interview. And choosing to not publish all of you notes does not make a reporter part of some vast conspiracy! He got several articles out of the interview and that's the way things work. 

Except he promised publicly to publish a transcription of the interview. 

And then when he didn't, he started scooping Vito.

Maybe there is an explanation, but he needs to give it.

5 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

The problem we have here is that an interview(a rather long one by Sidway's account) was conducted with RV. There was every indication(from Sidway) that he would post the transcript of the entire interview. Said interview has not been posted on Twitter or published in the Daily. There may be a very logical explanation for all of this and there probably is. The silence on the topic of posting the interview is deafening and not in a good way. 

This is exactly what I am saying. I have contacted him and asked for an explanation. I received no response. 

Crickets. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

So you speak for the majority now? Interesting.

Well, they should care. Because nothing changes with Rick Villarreal as AD. Littrell will fail unless Villarreal exits shortly. Mark it.

It will be Dodge, Mac, Benford, Peterson, Stephens, et al all over again. And it won't be Littrell's fault. He is swimming in a cultural sewer. 

Its funny how folks on here want to talk about DMac Checking out for retirement but refuse to open their eyes to Rick Villarreal doing the very same thing right in front of their eyes.

The interview is important. It's was promised to his readers. Publish it or tell them why you won't.

I don't speak for anyone but myself although I do have eyes and see the -1's you've been getting when you bring this crap up with the consistency of a metronome.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I don't speak for anyone but myself although I do have eyes and see the -1's you've been getting when you bring this crap up with the consistency of a metronome.

What are -1s?

11 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Surely we could get a go fund me started and get this poor guys his $7500 back..

Do it. I mean, that's what UNT does, run off anyone that demands any type of standards from this program. 

Right, RV Jr?

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You+re+some+sort+of+genius+right+here.+A

Fantastic idea. I wish I had come up with it.

Do it. I'm serious. Repay me and I will walk the hell away from this mess. 

Or is this just all hat and no cattle with you again?

I bet it is. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Do it. I'm serious. Repay me and I will walk the hell away from this mess. 

Are is this just all hat and no cattle with you again?

I bet it is. 

Nope, I don't have $7500 worth of cattle but if someone starts a gofundme to get you your money so we don't have to hear about how RV killed your dog anymore, I'd absolutely contribute to it. You hate our AD as much as I hate SMU and that is a strong emotion. I'd like to help relieve you of your pain.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Nope, I don't have $7500 worth of cattle but if someone starts a gofundme to get you your money so we don't have to hear about how RV killed your dog anymore, I'd absolutely contribute to it. You hate our AD as much as I hate SMU and that is a strong emotion. I'd like to help relieve you of your pain.

Then what are you waiting for. Start the account yourself. It isn't hard.

You see, I know. Because I did more than talk about it.

Hell, you may get it all in one swift donation from a member of the 17.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Just now, UNT90 said:

Then what are you waiting for. Start the account yourself. It isn't hard.

You see, I know. Because I did more than talk about it.

Umm, no. I don't want to hold everyone's money and then not be able to fulfill the terms of the agreement for which the money was donated.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/108850-the-banner-will-fly/?do=findComment&comment=954360

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I would love to read into this interview that will never be pushed to public view. He had goods and now UNT is indebted to him. If not, why would he not release it. He's not busy enough for it to linger in hiatus for three months. It's there. He has the information. And there is a reason he is not pushing it. 

• Upvote 2

Umm, no. I don't want to hold everyone's money and then not be able to fulfill the terms of the agreement for which the money was donated.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/108850-the-banner-will-fly/?do=findComment&comment=954360

Such a chance taker you are. No wonder you like losing so much...

And genius, that gofundme funded in 24 hours...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I'd say from the volume of replies to various posts and polls, the majority of people on this board do care about the AD.  Right now the Littrel hiring, new coaches, and recruiting are dominating the conversation.  Once we get past signing day, and talk of hiring a new men's basketball coach comes to the forefront, it will come back.

Scott said right after the interview that he would post the transcript. It could be that it's an audio recording and he hasn't had the time to transcribe it ... or he could have had a change of heart on the topic.  One of you twitter guys should ask him about that and find out if he's every going to post it. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I'd say from the volume of replies to various posts and polls, the majority of people on this board do care about the AD.  Right now the Littrel hiring, new coaches, and recruiting are dominating the conversation.  Once we get past signing day, and talk of hiring a new men's basketball coach comes to the forefront, it will come back.

Scott said right after the interview that he would post the transcript. It could be that it's an audio recording and he hasn't had the time to transcribe it ... or he could have had a change of heart on the topic.  One of you twitter guys should ask him about that and find out if he's every going to post it. 

I have asked him. He didn't respond. When he always responded before. 

It really smells. Hope he has just been busy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

You can keep your Occupy GMG.com protest going as long as you want but the majority of folks on here do not care.

Speak for yourself. This board supported RV's firing by over 90% in two polls taken in recent months. That tells me a lot of us do care about putting out the dumpster fire as soon as possible.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1