MGB: Morris transfer closer to being finalized, sources say

Brett Vito

3 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

WHHHHHHHHHHHAT I mean to ask is could Morris stay at Alabama in the hopes of being the starter.  Or, does his being on the team 4 years mean he must transfer to another school if he wishes to continue playing. 

His eligibility is just as good at Bama as it would be at UNT.  But it sounds like a younger QB has moved ahead of him on the depth chart; so if Kiffen is still there, his odds of starting have to be less than 50%.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

His eligibility is just as good at Bama as it would be at UNT.  But it sounds like a younger QB has moved ahead of him on the depth chart; so if Kiffen is still there, his odds of starting have to be less than 50%.

He also probably wants to be in grad school in a place much closer to home so that when he is footing the bill in year 2 he will be 45 minutes from home where living with mom and dad is much cheaper than being in Alabama.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Funny, I watched to see who would win the college football championship.

Wouldnt it be great if Morris went all DMac and referenced winning a national championship in his very first Vito interview? 

This should be his 2nd ring as the Crimson Tide won the NC in 2012 which was Morris' redshirt freshman year right?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

The only reason I watched last night was to catch a glimpse of Alex Morris on the sideline.  And then I gave up at the beginning of the 4th.  Did anybody see Morris (11) ? 

GO MEAN GREEN

They showed him up close throwing a sick rocket during the pregame show.

24 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

This should be his 2nd ring as the Crimson Tide won the NC in 2012 which was Morris' redshirt freshman year right?

Correct

• Upvote 1