TCU QB Trevone Boykin arrested after bar fight, accused of striking officer

UNT 90 Grad

Just now, Tyler Maryak said:

This is something that should be done in all high schools and colleges.  And not just the low budget, check-the-box stuff that some places do.  Something that isn't just cause and effect, but actually has an impact.

Exactly, I'm not joking when I bring up with that idea. It doesn't have to be for kids that only get in trouble, it really does open your eyes on how alcohol can play a big part in poor decision making and how so many lives are destroyed. I had to sit in on a class that was something like this for college and learned a ton of stuff that I still think about to this day.

• Upvote 3

Welcome to the big time, TCU!! Player arrests for assaults, drug dealers on the team, and now suspended players before bowl games--you've come along way since you were a nobody in the WAC twenty years ago. But you certainly paid the price to move up the foodchain to the P5 Luxury Locomotive. Now that you are on there, don't be too surprised to see that many of these issues will continue to plague your university--see Baylor, Texas, A&M, etc...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

but I think there needs to be a mandatory alcohol awareness class that all the players should attend before the start ...

Pretty sure their actions that night prove they are aware of the existence of alcohol.?

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I think by anyone, I think he meant any athletic program can have a 21 year old get drunk and do something really really dumb. 

But rarely does that stupidity include hitting a police officer. 

But to your pint in general, ya...

Yes this is what I mean. I mean anybody at any random program can do this. To assume this would or should have consequences on the recruiting of a football program is ridiculous as the stupid actions of one young man is not a reflection of an entire program of 80+ student athletes. I'm not trying to defend tcu but use your brain, people. 

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I am most certainly NOT teaching my children that getting drunk and fighting with police "could happen to anyone".  

This is the attitude that leads to the issues we are facing nationwide right now.

Yes because Gary Patterson is teaching this behavior. 

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 2:31 PM, southsideguy said:

That is the problem we can't get D1 thugs, we can only get low level thugs who steal televisions.

The clever nature of the comment is funny for sure. But the essence of the message bothers me a lot because I often worry that it may be very true in F.B.S. I root for both schools on the hope both can be competitive without institutionalized rehab and parole counselors surrounded by alumni helping in recruiting player$. There is already a huge, seemingly insurmountable, gap between the haves driving the bus and everyone else. To think the other part is true as well is very depressing. 

Edited by UTSA Fan
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Harry said:

A video was released on TMZ sport. I am on my phone or would try to link or post it.  Sounds like he left after bed check.  It is very uncharacteristic based on his background.

( @Harry - since the recent work done on the site, I can no longer insert YouTube videos as other media links via my phone. )

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Amazing comeback...

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Best Bowl game of the season.

Rick

55 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Exciting game!

Yet, it was the second most amazing and exciting sporting event in San Antonio since the new year.  Our comeback in MBB against UTSA is obviously first.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I watched the whole thing because...well, I didn't have anything better to do. I was about to FIND something better after TCU stunk it up in the first half, but I'm glad I didn't. That was the most amazing turnaround I think I have ever seen! TCU totally shit themselves in the first half and OWNED the second half. I'm not usually a Frogs fan...but when I am, I'm proud to say "Congratulations, You Done Good!".

200.gif

• Upvote 1

Fantastic game.

These are the types of games that create a bond with teams and their fans. TCU just created a large(r) group of lifetime fans. There is no better bonding experience between fans and a team than games like this. TCU fans will be talking about this for decades. The closest thing we have to something like this was the miracle in the desert in 2001 and most recently "the stand" against Rice. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Fantastic game.

These are the types of games that create a bond with teams and their fans. TCU just created a large(r) group of lifetime fans. There is no better bonding experience between fans and a team than games like this. TCU fans will be talking about this for decades. The closest thing we have to something like this was the miracle in the desert in 2001 and most recently "the stand" against Rice. 

I remember telling my guests for that game that they just witnessed history and they were unlikely to ever see a stand like that again in their lifetime.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

I remember telling my guests for that game that they just witnessed history and they were unlikely to ever see a stand like that again in their lifetime.

I was in the company of Fly's father for the Stand.  He played for the '57 Rice team that went to the Cotton Bowl.  I didn't know I should taunt him or console him.  I remained mostly silent. Mrs. Fly had no such reservations and taunted him mercilessly.  It was pretty funny.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1