Qb? Linebacker?

Wag Tag

1. QB

2.D-line

3.D-line

4.more D-line because our defense will be on the field just as much this coming up year if not more whether it be because we score in 2 plays (wishful thinking) or quick 3 and outs without the clock running like it did this year.

Your D-Line can make even an average LB group look great that is why I consider it more of a priority!  It does not work the other way around. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

1. QB

2.D-line

3.D-line

4.more D-line because our defense will be on the field just as much this coming up year if not more whether it be because we score in 2 plays (wishful thinking) or quick 3 and outs without the clock running like it did this year.

Your D-Line can make even an average LB group look great that is why I consider it more of a priority!  It does not work the other way around. 

Agreed. The best DBs in FBS will get beat if they have to cover for too long. A great DLine can cover a lot of blemishes in the D.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 2

The three most important positions in CFB are:

1. The guy who touches the ball every offensive snap and sometimes throws it in the air (QB),
  2. The guys who play defense and start each snap with a hand on the ground* (DL),
  3. The guys play play offense who start each snap with a hand on the ground* (OL).

You recruit those areas well and it covers up a lot of problems everywhere else.  It's no coincidence that every time we have made a bowl game we put linemen on the all conference teams.  The Dickey bowl era teams dominated the all conference selections on the line, and it didn't hurt having a once in a lifetime talent like Booger Kennedy on your team either.  

*PS: I know not all linemen keep a hand on the ground every play now, but I am an old man and that's how it was done in my day and I will die before I give this saying up.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 12/29/2015 at 11:21 AM, MGNation92 said:

1. D-Line

2. D-line

3. O-line

4. D-line

I'm still waiting on being as impressed with Kevin Patrick as everyone else on this board seems to be.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the good impressions of him are due to his recruiting prowess.  And his results in that particular area are nothing to sneeze at.  True the DL was not very good last year.  I don't know if that is due to his X-O coaching, or Cosh's scheme or something else, but I bet he'll be on a short leash during Littrell's 1st year.  Going to need to keep pulling guys like Young & McNair as well.