MGB breaking news -- Alabama QB Alec Morris intends to transfer to UNT

Brett Vito

32 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I will be surprised if he can pull it off but I like his style.

I wouldnt.  Winners win.  

Some fans bash mac for not having confidence, being old fashioned, and saying there is no talent and woe is me, but they are the coach mac equivalent when it comes to fandom.  Lots of coach macs on here.  I'm surprised he's bashed so much.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I was trying to be nice

Wow, THAT'S the nicest thing I have ever seen posted on GMG.

200.gif

21 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

Its relative to who we play though...I'll bite too.  Who on UTSA, UTEP, SMU, Army, Rice, etc would you see that could be on Bamas 2 deep?  

That's the point I'm trying(poorly) to make. Most players in CUSA are not good enough to play for Alabama, and most other top tier teams. That is what makes me excited about Alec. He is practicing against some of the best defenders in the country. Even Alabama's 2nd and 3rd string qualify for that statement..

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Again--compared to..?

Compared to who? Compared to other college quarterbacks throughout the country. Alabama has the best OL/DL/(power)RB's in the country and this affords them the comfort level of not having to have an "elite" QB. Yes, AJ Mccarron is starting for Cincy right now by default. His days in the NFL are numbered. 200 yards on 35 attempts in a very pass happy league will not leave him a lot of wiggle room for error. Before him, it was Greg McElroy, John Parker Wilson, and Brodie Croyle. All washed out. After Mccarron it was Blake Sims...no shot. Point is, Alabama is not producing World beaters at the QB position. They recruit serviceable QB's that fit what they do and that is run the ball effectively and bank on deep play action and/or waggle. I think it is a good pickup because we need all the help we can get, but to say he is going to be a Jeff Driskel for us might be a stretch. Driskel was the number 1 QB in the 2011(?) class and just got through passing for 4,000 yards and a 3:1 td/int ratio. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Which led to 3rd team status.

Look, he is better than anything we have, so it's a good get, but I wouldn't go placing him on any preseason all-CUSA teams. If we get DT type numbers from him, it will be a huge success.

Actually, a little context. Anyone who is going into their senior year as a 3rd teamer on the Alabama roster wouldn't start at UNT.

Except at one position. 

QB.

And that's sad.

Because he hasn't been able to not just win the job, but win the 2nd team job going into his senior year? 

If you think he is magically going to own CUSA, you are in for a big letdown. Again, his only offers besides Alabama were UNT and Wake Forest. And he was a 3 star recruit.

Again, happy to have him, just to go all stupid crazy over it, because that's more than a slight overreaction. 

Referring to the bolded part, God I hope not!!!  If we are going to improve on 1-11 we can't  have a 1:1 TD to INT ratio.

Last I checked Brelan Chancellor, Zac Orr and Marcus Trice aren't here to save us anymore.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good for Alec for deflecting questions about UNT. He is committed to the team he is playing for right now. That team is Alabama. If things don't go Alabama's way in terms of injuries then Alec could find himself actually playing in the National Championship game. Let's say they do enough to beat MSU and Coker gets hurt during the game. Then Bateman gets hurt in the title game. Alec could very well be playing for the national title. If you don't think it can happen, just ask Ohio State. I would expect him to be focused as such.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Referring to the bolded part, God I hope not!!!  If we are going to improve on 1-11 we can't  have a 1:1 TD to INT ratio.

Last I checked Brelan Chancellor, Zac Orr and Marcus Trice aren't here to save us anymore.

Lol. Same old shtick. I'll make you a wager right now that his senior  season numbers aren't as good as DT's senior season numbers.

I mean, we all know Dajon Williams senior season numbers won't be...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, GOMG2013 said:

I wouldnt.  Winners win.  

Some fans bash mac for not having confidence, being old fashioned, and saying there is no talent and woe is me, but they are the coach mac equivalent when it comes to fandom.  Lots of coach macs on here.  I'm surprised he's bashed so much.

To add to this Mac also had no balls just like RV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. Same old shtick. I'll make you a wager right now that his senior  season numbers aren't as good as DT's senior season numbers.

If a receiver emerges who can turn poorly placed passes into big gains (like Brelan did) then I'll gladly take that wager.

Just now, emmitt01 said:

If a receiver emerges who can turn poorly placed passes into big gains (like Brelan did) then I'll gladly take that wager.

So you are saying that DT was better. Got it. 

Standing offer. Keep in mind this kid will be playing in the "genius" Littrell offense (also known as the Leavh Offense or the Dodge Offense), so he will have that advantage over the Buick that was DMac.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You do realize anything less than what DT did in 2013 would most likely be considered bad? Contrary to what you and Vito preach, Derek didn't exactly light it up in 2013.

• Upvote 2