MGB breaking news -- Alabama QB Alec Morris intends to transfer to UNT

Brett Vito

11 hours ago, UNT90 said:

There is a 3 star QB recruit on the roster. His name is Conner Means. 

And I'll make the same bet with you that I proposed to Emmitt. DTs numbers ain't that easy to get to at UNT.

Are you thinking of Caleb Chumley as a 3-Star? 247 and Rivals, and Scout had Means as a 2-Star.

Anyway, I never said Morris would have a better year than DT in 2013. I said that if we can get a 2013 DT type year then that will be a bonus. DT was exactly what we needed in 2013 and led us, in combination with a great defense, to a bowl win. 

32 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Are you thinking of Caleb Chumley as a 3-Star? 247 and Rivals, and Scout had Means as a 2-Star.

Anyway, I never said Morris would have a better year than DT in 2013. I said that if we can get a 2013 DT type year then that will be a bonus. DT was exactly what we needed in 2013 and led us, in combination with a great defense, to a bowl win. 

He's talking about this

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188677/connor-means

That's the thing when people just throw around the term "3-star". There are four major recruiting services and one out of four rated him a three-star. So you can technically say he's a 3-star. Chumley was a 3-star by three of the four services as an athlete, but was rated a 2-star by the one service that rate him as a QB (Scout).

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, NT91 said:

Is he better than any QB on the roster?

You might be better than any QB on the roster...

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

He's talking about this

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188677/connor-means

That's the thing when people just throw around the term "3-star". There are four major recruiting services and one out of four rated him a three-star. So you can technically say he's a 3-star. Chumley was a 3-star by three of the four services as an athlete, but was rated a 2-star by the one service that rate him as a QB (Scout).

This is correct. Offers are a far better indicator.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

He's talking about this

That's the thing when people just throw around the term "3-star". There are three major recruiting services and one out of four rated him a three-star. So you can technically say he's a 3-star. Chumley was a 3-star by three of the four services as an athlete, but was rated a 2-star by the one service that rate him as a QB (Scout).

Thanks for clarifying on the ESPN info.

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He's talking about this

That's the thing when people just throw around the term "3-star". There are four major recruiting services and one out of four rated him a three-star. So you can technically say he's a 3-star. Chumley was a 3-star by three of the four services as an athlete, but was rated a 2-star by the one service that rate him as a QB (Scout).

I personally don't care how many 'stars' a guy has.  Just tell me how many 'fingers' Max Emfinger gives him.

• Upvote 2

On 12/30/2015 at 0:05 PM, Cerebus said:

This thread has to be the most exposure Billy Ocean has had in 15 years.   Can Harry book him on the podcast?

Take it from a guy who used to spend a lot of time with binoculars hanging around in the tree outside Billy Ocean's bedroom window... The man has reached a point where too much exposure is no longer an appealing concept. 

Eddy Grant, though? If you're looking for a Caribbean-themed English 80's musician who deserves more exposure... Let's just say that Mr. Grant still "Equals" a worthwhile tree climb! 

2 star, 1 star, siskell and ebert give him 1 thumb up and one down.. We have a transfer from a big P5 one playing for a national championship. I like it from the propaganda standpoint but would love it if maybe he had this elusive ability for UNT QB's which is to throw a pass decently regularly...

• Upvote 2

On December 31, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Eagle-96 said:

If we get a DT type of performance who had a 1.23-1 TD to INT ratio we'll be at the bottom of the pack again.  Marquis Williams had a 2.4-1 ratio.

I don't have faith in our defense like I did back in 2013. They couldn't stop Allen HS  this year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think anyone instantly calling this guy the best QB on the team are not looking at the grand scheme of things.   Mac and his staff were terrible at developing the QB talent they had on the team.  Otherwise Greer and Andrew McNulty would have seen dramatically less time on the field this season.  Any eligible QB on the roster who was proficient at handling a snap were equally viable options compared to Greer and McNulty.  Alec is a welcomed addition however I don't think anyone should be surprised if he is beaten out by a QB already on the roster today.  However just by going against Alabama 2nd team defense in practice he should be ready to thrive in practice here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

30 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Do you mean you think it's just him denying rumors that may be true to keep the focus on the upcoming game?

I think so.  Who knows where the word came from.  It might as well come from his Ouse as the UNT house.  He probably didn't want it public until the deal was official.  Unfortunately, in today's time, nothing will stay secret very long if more than two people are involved.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Graddean said:

I think so.  Who knows where the word came from.  It might as well come from his Ouse as the UNT house.  He probably didn't want it public until the deal was official.  Unfortunately, in today's time, nothing will stay secret very long if more than two people are involved.

If he was so worried about the story being public then he shouldn't have let his girlfriend retweet the SportsDay DFW link on it.    

• Upvote 4