MGB: Ole Miss transfer QB Kincade confirms he is considering UNT

Brett Vito

south park beat a dead horse

Was being the MVP of a game featuring UNLV vs UNT something that big to write home about?! Or, to at least mention it a billion times. I like Vito, but he sounds like UNT90 with RV. And this MVP award really isn't that impressive to me. No one, and I mean NO ONE cares about the mvp award of this bottom rung bowl game much less most every othe bowl game. Why is this worth mentioning over and over and over and over again. I never hear about the MVP of any other bowl game but Vito goes off about it like it is some badge of honor. Can you mention any other MVP of a bowl game off the top of your head? So damn annoying!

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 6

Was being the MVP of a game featuring UNLV vs UNT something that big to write home about?! Or, to at least mention it a billion times. I like Vito, but he sounds like UNT90 with RV. And this MVP award really isn't that impressive to me. No one, and I mean NO ONE cares about the mvp award of this bottom rung bowl game much less most every othe bowl game. Why is this worth mentioning over and over and over and over again. I never hear about the MVP of any other bowl game but Vito goes off about it like it is some badge of honor. Can you mention any other MVP of a bowl game off the top of your head? So damn annoying!

He's got a point, it was 2 years ago for crying out loud! I think Vito is running out of ideas and new material to write about.

• Upvote 3

The MVP should of gone to the Defense because they dominated UNLV that whole game. DT wasnt that great but he has been the best we have had in a long time but for God's sake, Shut the Hell up Vito.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Don't need to impress YOU and WE do care! A KID fighting thru his knee issues to perform at that level was very inspiring!

What have YOU done lately?

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

Vito mentioned this as well, "Seldom used backup Josh Greer completed just eight of his 23 passes with two interceptions, including a devastating pick that was returned 65 yards for a touchdown in a 20-17 loss to UTEP to cap the 2015 campaign."  I am sure Greer's daddy will be sending Vito a passive-aggressive email at any moment.

• Upvote 7

Well...there isn't a hell of a lot to talk about right now, huh? I mean...we went 1-11 and haven't even gotten into uniform speculation on the board yet. Haha

Yeah, this time of year generally sucks if you don't have a bowl game. Dead period for recruiting. Ready to start hearing commitments and offers, we are hearing less than I thought we would for only having 5 recruits committed and many recruits making up their mind during the break despite dead period... 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

"Smith will return next season, but the senior seems like a poor fit for Littrell’s passing offense."

Just so you know Vito, Marquise Williams (UNC's QB) rushed for 867 yards on 141 attempts with 11 touchdowns...soo.....

I think he is trying to say an accurate passer, which Marquise Williams is (61% and higher completion over his career), and DaMarcus Smith is not (46% completion rate). Rushing QB is fine for this offense as long as you can pass accurately and efficiently as well.. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Travis said:

Future UNT hall of famer Derek Thompson. So...

Does anyone know where this kid is on the Ole Miss depth chart?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right now most 2nd and 3rd string QBs across the nation could immediately start for UNT. P5, G5, FCS, JUCO, pick your level. People, we need to come to grips with the fact that we have a serious serious lack of talent at QB and have had one for a while. THAT is Littrell's most pressing and urgent job. FIND A QB THAT IS COMPETENT. He doesn't need to be all conference or all world. He just needs to be COMPETENT. We don't have that right now.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Right now most 2nd and 3rd string QBs across the nation could immediately start for UNT. P5, G5, FCS, JUCO, pick your level. People, we need to come to grips with the fact that we have a serious serious lack of talent at QB and have had one for a while. THAT is Littrell's most pressing and urgent job. FIND A QB THAT IS COMPETENT. He doesn't need to be all conference or all world. He just needs to be COMPETENT. We don't have that right now.

This includes 2013.  

DT was great by comparison to guys like McNulty...but still average

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This includes 2013.  

DT was great by comparison to guys like McNulty...but still average

Was hoping someone would pick up on that. Its been pretty dry around here since Hall and Smith. Before that there was a drought between Maher and Hall.

We have run out A LOT of spares in my 20 plus years following the team:

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Don't need to impress YOU and WE do care! A KID fighting thru his knee issues to perform at that level was very inspiring!

What have YOU done lately?

Can you tell me the MVP of any bowl game this year off the top of your head. It is rather meaningless to keep Mentioning something no one really gives much notice to. Whether he deserves the freaking MVP is irrelevant to my argument that it means little to nothing to most anyone.

What does it matter what I have done lately? Unt athletic wise... No one has done anything lately. 

• Upvote 3