UNT bowling in 2016?

GOMG2013

i saw we are two years away unless we find a very good qb

I agree, but I like the fact that he expects to win at least 6 games.  Not sure if he even had time to look over film and the talent, or if he just feels his coaching should be good enough to win 6 games every year in cusa.

Some fans think UNT won't be able to win 6 games until his 3rd year. If it takes that long, he may not be a good coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I appreciate coach's confidence. I'm sure he feels he needs to make statements like this to change the "culture" of losing.  Realistically, we shouldn't be disappointed with 3-4 wins next year.  The cupboard appears to be bare and he is challenged with a short recruiting timeline. I'm looking for progress every year and for us to be competing for the conference championship towards the end of his contract.  Otherwise, we need to move on.  I'm hopeful he is the right guy for us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

His second year if 5&7 teams are again in demand. And yes, GMG24, I am willing to put money where my mouth is.[but also hoping that I will loose the bet.] Happy Holidays.

pm me your demands. :) 

• Upvote 1

We go bowling next year. Those are my expectations. There is enough talent with the right mindset and philosophy to will this team to 6 wins. 6 wins needs to be taken off the pedestal by this fan base. It is not that big of an achievement and I don't care what North Texas history is or has been. 6 wins is nothing. I expect it in 2016. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Where does anyone see any talent on this team? We were last in the conference in every category, had no all CUSA individual selections and got a late start in recruiting. We were the worst of the worst in Division 1A football last year.Littrell is saying publically what you would expect him to say.What he says privately is probably something else. 6&6 is a pipe dream.List the 6 teams we are going to beat next year. I count Army,UTSA, and the !AA school we are bringing in, thought after Portland State a win is not a given.

• Downvote 2

Why is six wins so crazy to hope for when so much was broken last season? We didn't bring in many worthwhile recruits last season. At no point did we have a QB that was ready for CUSA-level competition, the team's unity and drive died less than half-day through the season. At about that time, they lost their head coach. There was almost no consistency through the whole season as coaches kept changing things, hoping something would stick. 

If Littrell can fix just half of those issues, won't we have a radically different team?

Of course, we all know its actually too soon to be speculating about this, but it IS fun. When spring game rolls around, we see some of our recruits (potentially some QBs), the new team dynamic, and the new system in action, we'll actually have something to base our beliefs on. It may be folly to be a homer, but until we've seen what they can do, there's no benefit to being a Debbie downer either. 

I say six wins or bust, and onto Christopher Walkers beloved Bahama Bowl.

• Upvote 1

Why is six wins so crazy to hope for when so much was broken last season? We didn't bring in many worthwhile recruits last season. At no point did we have a QB that was ready for CUSA-level competition, the team's unity and drive died less than half-day through the season. At about that time, they lost their head coach. There was almost no consistency through the whole season as coaches kept changing things, hoping something would stick. 

If Littrell can fix just half of those issues, won't we have a radically different team?

Of course, we all know its actually too soon to be speculating about this, but it IS fun. When spring game rolls around, we see some of our recruits (potentially some QBs), the new team dynamic, and the new system in action, we'll actually have something to base our beliefs on. It may be folly to be a homer, but until we've seen what they can do, there's no benefit to being a Debbie downer either. 

I say six wins or bust, and onto Christopher Walkers beloved Bahama Bowl.

I agree with all of this. Winning is a mindset. The 2015 team had no intent on having a positive attitude or winning mindset in the first quarter of the season. New mindset and better QB play can get this team to 6 wins with ease in my opinion. The schedule is not half as daunting as it was in 2015. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Where does anyone see any talent on this team? We were last in the conference in every category, had no all CUSA individual selections and got a late start in recruiting. We were the worst of the worst in Division 1A football last year.Littrell is saying publically what you would expect him to say.What he says privately is probably something else. 6&6 is a pipe dream.List the 6 teams we are going to beat next year. I count Army,UTSA, and the !AA school we are bringing in, thought after Portland State a win is not a given.

don't forget we were last in cusa in other areas too.  Last in returning starters.  The biggest thing we may have been last in vs our opponents was coaching.  

Wardly, did you watch the games?  Seriously. I wouldnt blame anyone if they didnt.  Only reason I didn't turn off some of them because I know some players.  We are missing talent in several areas, but we have some talent.  We have players that belong on a D1 football field.  Just in different systems.

I did, and I certainly don't claim to be an expert on college football. However, I saw very little if any talent. We barely beat UTSA. Using W.K. as a benchmark, I saw no one who could start for them. I hope that I am wrong, but I would like for those more astute than me to predict who we can beat next year.