'16 QB Augie Debiase (Florida)

BillySee58

now when we say walk on for fine, im assuming that this means PWO leading to blueshirt?

I'm also going to guess with the chance we got both guys, Debiase would count towards the 2016 class, then Fine as a blueshirt would count as part of the 2017 class... what is the advantage of doing this? compared to signing both to the 2016 class, besides rolling over the scholarship to the following year? 

2 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

now when we say walk on for fine, im assuming that this means PWO leading to blueshirt?

I'm also going to guess with the chance we got both guys, Debiase would count towards the 2016 class, then Fine as a blueshirt would count as part of the 2017 class... what is the advantage of doing this? compared to signing both to the 2016 class, besides rolling over the scholarship to the following year? 

Giving fine the blue shirt. Gives them more scholarship flexibility with potential transfers and players that fall through the NSD rush alot like Mcnair last year 

now with us doing the blueshirt for Fine, he would count against the 2017 class..

I'm new here but I'm assuming NSD is national signing day, but they give the players from Feb-April i believe to sign with a school.. Now what happens with players that qualify after the ending of the signing period? I'm assuming players that qualify after the signing period has closed, reasons could be because of classes or GPA im assuming, would they then just be offered a blue shirt? or is there another way to get these guys? 

You've got to stop with the blue shirt stuff.  That's a fancy way of saying a PWO that we'll give a scholly to in Aug. but you'll never know till he is awarded one and could never be. Their is no "signing" a blueshirt and if those coaches left or he didn't preform or whatever there's nothing. Only a signed letter of intent= scholarship.  If they thought he was a scholarship QB he'd have one now. He is a PWO until awarded a scholarship. Because Augie's is coming on an offical visit"paid for by the university" that means they have intent to over a scholarship. If you don't intend or have offered a PWO the university can't pay for your visit a la Mason Fine last Sunday.

As of right now you have a 2 star QB PWO(pretty nice) and a 3 star coming on an offical. Not bad.

Edited by TravisUNT
Add
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TravisUNT said:

You've got to stop with the blue shirt stuff.  That's a fancy way of saying a PWO that we'll give a scholly to in Aug. but you'll never know till he is awarded one and could never be. If they thought he was a scholarship QB he'd have one now. He is a PWO until awarded a scholarship. Because Augie's is coming on an offical visit"paid for by the university" that means they have intent to over a scholarship. If you don't intend or have offered a PWO the university can't pay for your visit a la Mason Fine last Sunday.

Wasn't Fine a PWO at Okie State? Also would this mean if he signed in August we could still red shirt him? Thanks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TravisUNT said:

You've got to stop with the blue shirt stuff.  That's a fancy way of saying a PWO that we'll give a scholly to in Aug. but you'll never know till he is awarded one and could never be. Their is no "signing" a blueshirt and if those coaches left or he didn't preform or whatever theirs nothing. Only a signed letter of intent= scholarship.  If they thought he was a scholarship QB he'd have one now. He is a PWO until awarded a scholarship. Because Augie's is coming on an offical visit"paid for by the university" that means they have intent to over a scholarship. If you don't intend or have offered a PWO the university can't pay for your visit a la Mason Fine last Sunday.

They already offered Augie a scholarship a month ago.. and the blue shirt is an actually thing. They have one quarterback coming in fine. And don't have to use one of the slots of the 25 scholarships. Mason will be on UNT roster and his school will be paid for. 

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Wasn't Fine a PWO at Okie State? Also would this mean if he signed in August we could still red shirt him? Thanks

Yes he can still redshirt 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

They already offered Augie a scholarship a month ago.. and the blue shirt is an actually thing. They have one quarterback coming in fine. And don't have to use one of the slots of the 25 scholarships. Mason will be on UNT roster and his school will be paid for. 

Yes he can still redshirt 

I know it's a thing. A thing WE'VE talked about and not confirmable. The ONLY thing you can CONFIRM is Fine hasn't been offered a scholarship by the staff at UNT and Augie has. We can keep throwing it around but come signing day Mason Fine won't be signing anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, TravisUNT said:

You've got to stop with the blue shirt stuff.  That's a fancy way of saying a PWO that we'll give a scholly to in Aug. but you'll never know till he is awarded one and could never be. Their is no "signing" a blueshirt and if those coaches left or he didn't preform or whatever there's nothing. Only a signed letter of intent= scholarship.  If they thought he was a scholarship QB he'd have one now. He is a PWO until awarded a scholarship. Because Augie's is coming on an offical visit"paid for by the university" that means they have intent to over a scholarship. If you don't intend or have offered a PWO the university can't pay for your visit a la Mason Fine last Sunday.

As of right now you have a 2 star QB PWO(pretty nice) and a 3 star coming on an offical. Not bad.

It would be pretty trashy of Littrell & Co. to offer him a blueshirt and then back out of that.   It would be used against him in future recruiting battles for sure.

It isn't a "blueshirt" until AFTER he shows up and the coaching staff announces that he has been awarded the scholarship. Until that point it's a PWO. 

Because NO ONE has confirmed that the coaching has offer a "blueshirt". The ONLY mention of it is on this board and Vito because he had to retract his mistake on his story.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know it's a thing. A thing WE'VE talked about and not confirmable. The ONLY thing you can CONFIRM is Fine hasn't been offered a scholarship by the staff at UNT and Augie has. We can keep throwing it around but come signing day Mason Fine won't be signing anything.

It's not confirmable. But it's obviously more than a PWO. Or wouldn't if have just taking the one to the Big 12 school. I just feel like it's all a none issue. Graham and Seth obviously choose him and he choose UNT. The rest is kind of a none issue. 

It isn't a "blueshirt" until AFTER he shows up and the coaching staff announces that he has been awarded the scholarship. Until that point it's a PWO. 

I think we're arguing semantics.  I also think there's a difference in a coach offering a player a blueshirt or even a grayshirt VS offering him a pwo.  One is a promise to be awarded a scholarship in the future.  The other is not a promise for a scholarship at all.

• Upvote 2

What Travis is saying is why I asked and subsequently had to call out Vito on his initial report. It sounds like even with a blueshirt, he isn't signing anything right now. Vito was making inferences and trusting mixed messages from a high school kid and it was pretty obvious. Never had a problem with him until the Meacham report and now this. Sounds like he's lost sources and is reaching. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think we're arguing semantics.  I also think there's a difference in a coach offering a player a blueshirt or even a grayshirt VS offering him a pwo.  One is a promise to be awarded a scholarship in the future.  The other is not a promise for a scholarship at all.

It may be a "promise" but he can't sign anything such as a letter of intent to a make it official. That's why there's a big difference in my mind between a blueshirt and an immediate scholarship offer. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

It may be a "promise" but he can't sign anything such as a letter of intent to a make it official. That's why there's a big difference in my mind between a blueshirt and an immediate scholarship offer. 

All of this is true.   We'll just have to see.  He says he's coming here.   How/why, I guess we don't know yet.

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

What Travis is saying is why I asked and subsequently had to call out Vito on his initial report. It sounds like even with a blueshirt, he isn't signing anything right now. Vito was making inferences and trusting mixed messages from a high school kid and it was pretty obvious. Never had a problem with him until the Meacham report and now this. Sounds like he's lost sources and is reaching. 

THIS!!! It does matter. It counts towards your scholarship count. It counts towards your rep. There was a BLEACHER REPORT article about "Mason Fine's first D1 offer" and it's gonna look real bad that this kid didn't come out and specify of its a PWO or Blueshirt and let every recruiting site and a major publication think it's scholarship. Because even if it's "blueshirt" you show up as a PWO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

All of this is true.   We'll just have to see.  He says he's coming here.   How/why, I guess we don't know yet.

I think the difference mainly is significant for Mason. He has no assurance other than coach's word. I highly doubt Littrell would burn any bridges but things happen. He sounds set to come here regardless and should be covered financially due to grades/tribal affiliation. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And I'd take a PWO at UNT over OSU. Better shot to play in a system better suited to you. But do you see where I'm coming from here? It's kind of an honesty thing too. Just come out an say what it is because now major stories are being written. 

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I think the difference mainly is significant for Mason. He has no assurance other than coach's word. I highly doubt Littrell would burn any bridges but things happen. He sounds set to come here regardless and should be covered financially due to grades/tribal affiliation. 

This I think is more likely and they have an agreement on it but then also PWO. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, TravisUNT said:

And I'd take a PWO at UNT over OSU. Better shot to play in a system better suited to you. But do you see where I'm coming from here? It's kind of an honesty thing too. Just come out an say what it is because now major stories are being written. 

I think he got excited and jumped the gun which is understandable. More than anything this is probably a "show me what you got first,"  type of thing for Litrell.  He's taking a chance on him and doesn't want to burn a scholarship on him just yet. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TravisUNT said:

For sure.  It's confusing... and yeah, there's a prominent national story on him, so that opens up alot of criticism if he winds up as a genuine walk-on.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Understood.  Doesn't make any sense for him to take a pwo offer from UNT OVER a pwo offer from OKSt though, does it?

I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

The only edge I see for us in that matchup is that he might have more of a shot at seeing the field here. Unfortunately, I see a clipboard in his future at OkieLight; he's a smart kid and a competitor by all accounts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I think he got excited and jumped the gun which is understandable. More than anything this is probably a "show me what you got first,"  type of thing for Litrell.  He's taking a chance on him and doesn't want to burn a scholarship on him just yet. 

If this is the case, and he wants to come here under that premise (this is JUST a pwo offer), then I like him alot more.  I want to see him come in here and kill it and prove everyone wrong.   Can he do it?