Franchione Stepping down

Aldo

Isnt it a bit late in the process as far as the hiring cycle goes for him to bail out?

Unless they get one of the guys that turned down interviews/jobs (Cumbie, Meacham, Briles) then this hurts their chance at a decent up and comer does it not?

I would think they would already have someone lined up. What about recruiting?

Knowing Fran, he resigned right now for one of two reasons: 1.) So that his hand-picked choice will get the job, since he is fairly well-respected in San Marcos still, or 2.) He is burning bridges on an AD or group of donors who are making his life tough and by leaving now, it screws them in recruiting this late.

I'd lean toward Door #1, but Door #2 won't surprise me, either...

Isnt it a bit late in the process as far as the hiring cycle goes for him to bail out?

Unless they get one of the guys that turned down interviews/jobs (Cumbie, Meacham, Briles) then this hurts their chance at a decent up and comer does it not?

If there wasn't a succession plan in place, and this is out of the blue, then this sucks.

He's leaving the Bobcats with a 39-43 record (a 26-34 record from 2011-15)

You know what Texas State doesn't need? Transferers. 

Which is fortunate, because they're not likely to get much JUCO help with a coach leaving at this point on the calendar. 

I would think they would already have someone lined up. What about recruiting?

Their recruiting is a lot better off than ours ever was this season 

Knowing Fran, he resigned right now for one of two reasons: 1.) So that his hand-picked choice will get the job, since he is fairly well-respected in San Marcos still, or 2.) He is burning bridges on an AD or group of donors who are making his life tough and by leaving now, it screws them in recruiting this late.

I'd lean toward Door #1, but Door #2 won't surprise me, either...

Doing stuff like that is a great way to make sure your career is completely over. 

• Upvote 1

So . . . are we gonna try to poach any of their verbals?

http://texasstate.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

Uhh, I hope. I would take their top 6 or 7 recruits in a heart beat. Maybe even Marquis Bates as well.These guys are going to be wary now. I would be poaching as fast as I could if I were Littrell. 

• Upvote 1

So . . . are we gonna try to poach any of their verbals?

http://texasstate.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

Same type of recruits - mainly two-star players - that we are getting and SMU is getting.  In fact, over the past two/three seasons, our classes have been about the same as SMU and Texas State. 

The only difference among the three of us is that SMU is the only school which believes that these types of recruits are a step up from where they were with the previous coaching staff.  But, we already knew the Pony faithful (fateful?) were delusional. 

So...let the Phonies Don't Stop Believing.  The Journey song can be their new fight song as they battle us and Texas State for the ripest two-star recruits around the state, mixing in one to three three-stars. 

SMU "ponies" up more money for their two-stars, though, than we rednecks at North Texas and Texas State.  Helicopters and whatnot.  It's like taking a limousine out to pick up a prostitute off the street.  Hey...it's their money.  Let them use it to keep pretending they are better than us football-wise.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1