drex

Im so conflicted with this......Should I like or not like this post. We dont have a dip wad for a coach/OC so I dont see us going 0-4 but can see us possibly 1-3. I think Littrell pumps our boys up and they go 5-7 next year. Mark it down Vito!!

I'm gonna go with 7-6 for next year, because, why the heck not?

• Upvote 1

We should go at least 2-2 in those, possible 3-1.  

we were a QB away from beating SMU last year.  If we get a QB playing average I can see us beating SMU.  Army will bring a lot of people back, so that could be harder than expected.  But once again, if we have an average QB and a spread offense, we should be able to outscore Army.

I'm hoping we can get a transfer QB that can give us average play where we can beat those teams that are similar to ours in talent like SMU, Army, UTEP, UTSA, etc.

Im so conflicted with this......Should I like or not like this post. We dont have a dip wad for a coach/OC so I dont see us going 0-4 but can see us possibly 1-3. I think Littrell pumps our boys up and they go 5-7 next year. Mark it down Vito!!

Even the most pessimistic have to realize SMU v. UNT is a toss-up. Those are two of worst FBS teams from last season. Army wasn't much better. Bethune-Cookman had a good season but definitely not a Portland State beating two FBS teams type of season. 

• Upvote 1

I understand your angst, it is well warranted with RV still on board.  

Still, given how much simply being around seems to cause you distress, I wonder why you stick around.  Do you do this in other parts of your life?   When you accidentally slam your fingers in a car door do you repeat the process so that you can talk about how much it hurts?

Well documented that I'm a club seat holder and would be walking away from a substantial investment.

Believe me, if I just had regular year to year season tickets, I would be gone and wouldn't return until RV was out and someone was hired that showed they could win consistently, like so many before have chosen to do. 

Unfortunately, I'm stuck. Now, if you and your high fallutin' Lieutenant's salary want to pay back the $7500 investment to me, you can be rid of me.

Is it worth $7500 to you to stop slamming your ears in the car door over and over? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7

6-6 would be a great year.  

I am not expecting something in the 6-6 to 8-4 range until the 2018 season. I think it is unrealistic to put the pressure of a bowl-eligible season on a good new coach who is assembling a mostly-new coaching staff and is working with the carryover players from an un-competitive 1-11 team. Add to that the short recruiting season, new offensive and defensive schemes to be learned, etc., and it is unfair to expect immediate success. I would be tickled pink if it happened next season but my real inner voice says expecting that is just setting myself up for a letdown and it just is not fair to Coach Littrell and the staff. JMHO.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

la tech should be beatable.  They lose a lot.  8 on defense.  Total rebuild.  They lose Driskel, dixon, and 4 others on offense.  We should bring more experience and at least equal talent to the la tech game.  

Marshall loses a lot on defense too.  2DL, 2LB, 1CB & 1Sfty.

MTSU loses 7 off their defense.

Rice loses their two best players on offense. Their defense was bad last year.

An average QB in a spread offense can have a good year with the defenses we will face. 

• Upvote 2

I am not expecting something in the 6-6 to 8-4 range until the 2018 season. I think it is unrealistic to put the pressure of a bowl-eligible season on a good new coach who is assembling a mostly-new coaching staff and is working with the carryover players from an un-competitive 1-11 team. Add to that the short recruiting season, new offensive and defensive schemes to be learned, etc., and it is unfair to expect immediate success. I would be tickled pink if it happened next season but my real inner voice says expecting that is just setting myself up for a letdown and it just is not fair to Coach Littrell and the staff. JMHO.

I am sorry, but not to expect 6-6 until 2018 is batshit crazy. That should be the annual expectation regardless of the circumstances. We should expect to go 6-6 with our OOC slate and conference we play in every year. I don't expect to go 10-2 until 2018. I expect 6-6 (or better) in 2016 & 17. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I am sorry, but not to expect 6-6 until 2018 is batshit crazy. That should be the annual expectation regardless of the circumstances. We should expect to go 6-6 with our OOC slate and conference we play in every year. I don't expect to go 10-2 until 2018. I expect 6-6 (or better) in 2016 & 17. 

Here's your favorite soundtrack:

Well documented that I'm a club seat holder and would be walking away from a substantial investment.

Believe me, if I just had regular year to year season tickets, I would be gone and wouldn't return until RV was out and someone was hired that showed they could win consistently, like so many before have chosen to do. 

Unfortunately, I'm stuck. Now, if you and your high fallutin' Lieutenant's salary want to pay back the $7500 investment to me, you can be rid of me.

Is it worth $7500 to you to stop slamming your ears in the car door over and over? 

Well you R never going to get your pledge money back so I guess you on this blog for life! Why is there excitement, because MAC is gone!! With a new offense and Graham recruiting OB's I believe we will solve that problem! I also believe this staff will not be out worked by anybody!

My expectation for next year is to be competitive in the games we play which is something we didn't do this year. 4-5 wins would be a tremendous turnaround. We looked overmatched every time we stepped on the field.I overpredict every season because of my eternal hope that "if everything goes just right then X will happen." I can't do that anymore. We have to be realistic with what we have back and what we know we will have next year(as of right now) We are an absolute train wreck at QB and in the absence of a 5th year transfer or 4-star freshman then we will be in serious trouble again next year. Our O-line was average at best and we lose Banogu to graduation. At WR we lose one of the most productive WR's in UNT history. Other than that we have "potential". One bright spot is RB where we should be strong again with Wilson and Ivery. Add to that the fact that the offense is changing 180 degrees from the Buick. On defense our lone bright-spot is the defensive backfield with Gray, McClain, Buyers, Brooks, and Preston back. I actually feel really good about what this group can do with a competent DC. We have 2 mid-term JUCOs that should be able to contribute midway through next season. I will be thrilled if Littrell can pull off a 6 win season as it would be a minor miracle. Ask Justin Fuente and Todd Monken how easy it was to take their terrible teams over. The point is that it might take until year 3 until we see the fruits. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well you R never going to get your pledge money back so I guess you on this blog for life! Why is there excitement, because MAC is gone!! With a new offense and Graham recruiting OB's I believe we will solve that problem! I also believe this staff will not be out worked by anybody!

Well, those are all things or variations of things said after every hire. So that's nice and all, but it's just feel good bulsh. 

The problem is in the AD's office, and as long as that problem remains, it poisons everything below it.

So get ready to be disappointed...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

We will be lucky to win 3 games. We will be in a very similar situation to SMU this year. 

All the 7-5 and 6-6 predictions are rah-rah, thoughtless homer bulsh

Just sayin...

You know, I'm certainly no pom pom shaker like some, and never have been. Actually the closest I've ever come to being a pom pom shaker was when I played the drums in my High School band. Let's just say the drum section was very essential to generating spirit at games. Hmmm, "Stix" sits right in front of me. Maybe we could acquire a couple of drums and liven things up on the alumni side.

Having said that, one of the long (and dubious) traditions at North Texas has been our LACK of school spirit. The other dubious tradition is our cynicism.......and raining on other people's  "hope parade". 

I would never consider walking away, unless it was because of health issues....and maybe not even then. If I'm unhappy with the hired administrators, I've always believed that I should hang around and make their life as miserable as possible. To walk away is to let them win. 

If I had to choose a "camp" to be in, it would be Ben Goodings. Expectations every year of at least 6-6 sounds reasonable to me.

All this back and forth reminds me of one of those lines from the 1956 movie "The Rainmaker"..

• H.C. Curry  

I don't believe in rainmakers.

• (Bert Lancaster)Bill Starbuck  

•  

What DO ya believe in mistah? Dyin' cattle?

We shouldn't be sneering at those who believe in Rainmakers. Down the Corridor of Years, that attitude hasn't worked out so well for us.  

• Upvote 2

You know, I'm certainly no pom pom shaker like some, and never have been. Actually the closest I've ever come to being a pom pom shaker was when I played the drums in my High School band. Let's just say the drum section was very essential to generating spirit at games. Hmmm, "Stix" sits right in front of me. Maybe we could acquire a couple of drums and liven things up on the alumni side.

Having said that, one of the long (and dubious) traditions at North Texas has been our LACK of school spirit. The other dubious tradition is our cynicism.......and raining on other people's  "hope parade". 

I would never consider walking away, unless it was because of health issues....and maybe not even then. If I'm unhappy with the hired administrators, I've always believed that I should hang around and make their life as miserable as possible. To walk away is to let them win. 

If I had to choose a "camp" to be in, it would be Ben Goodings. Expectations every year of at least 6-6 sounds reasonable to me.

All this back and forth reminds me of one of those lines from the 1956 movie "The Rainmaker"..

• H.C. Curry  

I don't believe in rainmakers.

• (Bert Lancaster)Bill Starbuck  

•  

What DO ya believe in mistah? Dyin' cattle?

We shouldn't be sneering at those who believe in Rainmakers. Down the Corridor of Years, that attitude hasn't worked out so well for us.  

Down the Corridor of years, how has the rainmaker worked out for us?

Oh ya...

we were a QB away from beating SMU last year.  If we get a QB playing average I can see us beating SMU.  Army will bring a lot of people back, so that could be harder than expected.  But once again, if we have an average QB and a spread offense, we should be able to outscore Army.

I'm hoping we can get a transfer QB that can give us average play where we can beat those teams that are similar to ours in talent like SMU, Army, UTEP, UTSA, etc.

SMU is a full 2 years ahead of us in rebuilding. They will beat us by 2 touchdowns, maybe more.

Army will run for over 300 on us and again beat us by 2 scores. BC is far from a sure thing, especially with a baby coaching staff. 

While we need a QB, you seem to ignore what we don't have on defense. That's where we struggle.

Keep in mind we beat UTSA's 4th string QB by 7 while starting our 1st team QB. 

This is wishful thinking. Maybe you can ask Santa for a million dollars this year, also?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9