Kyler Murray has intent to transfer

TheReal_jayD

Finally, last Sunday Murray's dad went to College Station to put his nose in it and is suspected to have tried to push to be made quarterback coach to "straighten things out" to which Sumlin said no.  So now the Murray's are threatening transfer due to not getting their way.

Rick  

I heard the Murray's and the Vizza's are vacationing this Christmas together. 

• Upvote 5

exactly, who needs arguably the biggest recruit in Texas High School Football history. Not us!

I hear you. For the record, I have no disrespect for his athletic talents. I was thinking last night about the news concerning the punk who got probation for four murders on an "affluenza" plea. I wonder if there is such a term as "athletuenza"? It could be utilized to defend those with stellar physical abilities who make demands, want it their way, and don't care to be accountable to teammates because they think they don't have to be. Wasn't there a small outbreak of that around here a while back?

Transferred to OU.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Murray-finds-new-college-destination-42261483

"Interestingly enough, A&M could be the beneficiary of a quarterback from the Sooners as graduate transfer Trevor Knight is leaning to the Aggies, a program he was committed to out of high school."

So, they traded quarterbacks. P5 is becoming more like the NFL each day.

Edited by ADLER

Transferred to OU.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Murray-finds-new-college-destination-42261483

"Interestingly enough, A&M could be the beneficiary of a quarterback from the Sooners as graduate transfer Trevor Knight is leaning to the Aggies, a program he was committed to out of high school."

So, they traded quarterbacks. P5 is becoming more like the NFL each day.

Wise choice.  He won't have to face as big/strong of defenders in the big XII.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My guess is he goes to TCU. Perfect fit. This is where not having a baseball program really hurts us...

We don't need a part time QB with divided loyalties.  We aren't a program that will have really deep talent around him and competing with him for the job.  Programs need that to get the best out a dual baseball/football prospect. 

• Downvote 3

We don't need a part time QB with divided loyalties.  We aren't a program that will have really deep talent around him and competing with him for the job.  Programs need that to get the best out a dual baseball/football prospect. 

I don't think he's as divided in the two as you seem to think, if he cared that much about baseball, I don't think he would have went to college. I mean, he was projected as a top baseball pick, wasn't he? What could going to college really do more for him if baseball was the route he wanted to go? I think if he and his dad had it their way, he would be playing qb in the NFL until he's in his 30s. He wants to be the star. Being a starting qb in the nfl is as big as it gets in this country - there's only 32 others with your job title. I think that's what he's trying to do.

I don't think he's as divided in the two as you seem to think, if he cared that much about baseball, I don't think he would have went to college. I mean, he was projected as a top baseball pick, wasn't he? What could going to college really do more for him if baseball was the route he wanted to go? I think if he and his dad had it their way, he would be playing qb in the NFL until he's in his 30s. He wants to be the star. Being a starting qb in the nfl is as big as it gets in this country - there's only 32 others with your job title. I think that's what he's trying to do.

Your assumption cuts both ways, if he did not care about baseball then how would our school not having a baseball program hurt us in this particular case?  School is hard enough without balancing it against preparation to play on two different Division I teams.   If he came here, I would be happy to have him because we don't have baseball.

• Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is extremely unlikely but think there is any chance Spavital comes in as a Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach? He is following Littrell on Twitter (which obviously doesn't mean much) and probably can't get too good of a job after being let go. Coached under Holgerson at WVU so Air Raid/Tech ties and is a great recruiter. Obviously recruiting to A&M isn't the same as UNT but with a Heisman winner under his belt would be a good addition. Almost definitely out of our price range but is an interesting thing to ponder.

6 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

I know it is extremely unlikely but think there is any chance Spavital comes in as a Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach? He is following Littrell on Twitter (which obviously doesn't mean much) and probably can't get too good of a job after being let go. Coached under Holgerson at WVU so Air Raid/Tech ties and is a great recruiter. Obviously recruiting to A&M isn't the same as UNT but with a Heisman winner under his belt would be a good addition. Almost definitely out of our price range but is an interesting thing to ponder.

Not possible--there's not room on the staff.

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Unless he can coach Cornerbacks...  

His team was really good at throwing it to them... maybe him coaching corners has the reverse affect? Other teams throw it to our corners. 

• Upvote 1

On January 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Aggies don't mess around when it's time to clean house.

Rick

If only UNT cared 1/100th as much as A&M about winning, we wouldn't be saddled with a 15 year AD that can't even get his ticket office in order.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1