Question for older alumni and lifelong fans

Matt from A700

Five grand a month to cover the bills; probationary six months to show progress or "AMF"; additional compensation to be agreed upon based solely on performance objectives met.

Now that is what I would do personally. Realistically, that would not project a good image to our college football peers so we will have to find an alum that smiles, can shuck and jive, needs to rake in big bucks, and doesn't want to be accountable for results.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

I don't think the beating of being a UNT fan ends after 20 minutes...

Clarified: The initial beating is just to acclimate us to what will be in store. It includes numerous nut kicks, nut punches, baseball bats to the nuts, hammers to the nuts, nut thumps, nuts in vices, flying nut punch/kick combos, spiked baseball bats to the nuts and nuts set on fire.

• Upvote 7

The AD job would be a great for about three years at $250,000 each. (New White Mustang Convertible, lots of time spent promoting North Texas at high schools and appearing at fund raisers) The job sounds great and hopefully we would be winning after year one. Then again, If North Texas sports are struggling?.. I'd wake up to a banner flying around my house requesting I leap off an I-35 overpass. 

On second thought no thanks, I'll stay in the I.T. world where I'm safe. (Unless they lose access to YouTube)

GMG  

Edited by medpilot21
  • Upvote 2

100k a year, car allowance, and a series of bonuses for conference championships, bowl games/NCAA tournament wins and attendance that could push it over 350k in a perfect year. 4 year contract to implement my plan. 

And up the AD budget to allow band and cheerleader travel around North Texas for pep rally type appearances.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I always thought once/if Rick is ever shown the door, a UNT alumni could do the job or at least do the job that all other alumnus and students can appreciate. So to all of the older UNT/NTSU graduates on this board, what salary would you take to be the new athletic director and turn this program around?

I want a professional, motivated athletic director. One that will say we are horse sh@+ when we are horse sh@+. One who will admit, and more importantly, quickly correct mistakes. One who has a marketing plan and can provide a logical answer when asked how he is going to improve attendance. One who doesn't read this board ever, much less once a day, because he has anything better to do. 

I could give a crap where he went to college.

And I pray to God it isn't any mofo who posts on this god forsaken message board (no offense, Harry).

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

One point about your title saying "lifelong fans". We're ALL lifelong fans. Once you're in, you're in. It's like a gang. You take a 20 minute beating upon entry to UNT athletics support and the only way out is a bodybag.

While I agree with most everything you said here.... the only thing I know we both know is that the beating last far more than 20 minutes. 

Dang. beat me to it.

• Upvote 2

One point about your title saying "lifelong fans". We're ALL lifelong fans. Once you're in, you're in. It's like a gang. You take a 20 minute beating upon entry to UNT athletics support and the only way out is a bodybag.

Between his Cerebus-like gif abilities and overall sense of humor, E96 is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

I doubt they're scouring the gmg board for candidates, but FBS ADs make in the range on 515k on average. If I were in the market for that kind of job, I'd be looking for a competitive salary.

Meh, I'd take lower to bolster my pool of underlings- (Assistant AD, other positions)

• Upvote 2

Give me a "signing bonus" that involves paying off my student loans, and I'd do it for $50K plus expenses.  I can make art whenever I want, so I'd be down for a couple of years of being a bureaucrat if I was able to help out North Texas before heading back to full-time art.

Meh, I'd take lower to bolster my pool of underlings- (Assistant AD, other positions)

Another point of view would be to accept the competitive salary. Then, to paraphrase an old joke, you could "hire the real pilot to fly the plane".

Oh my this 

But on a real note..

I'm confident that I will cultivate the people of Mean Green Nation. With that said, I'll base my salary on how hard I work. Let the Mean Green Club decide my salary based on a percentage of the amount of funds given to said Club. They can call the number and decides when aand if it gets renewed. 

Edited by Ben Gooding