Harrell will still coach in Sun Bowl

All About UNT

"PULLMAN -- Mike Leach says outside receivers coach Graham Harrell is headed to North Texas as offensive coordinator. Leach added that Harrell would coach in the Sun Bowl, and he has a replacement in mind for outside receivers coach."

http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/story/1622392-cfc-tv-graham-harrell-will-coach-in-sun-bowl

I know this is too complicated for you to understand, but if Harrell coaches the bowl game and Wazzu wins, then he will have a ring to show recruits. Plus, he still has a commitment to his previous employer and UNT isn't exactly having any epic recruiting battles and the dead period is almost here. Logically speaking, it's a good idea to coach the bowl game.

Yeah, that Sun Belt ring is really going to impress recruits.  I am sure this was negotiated, so no issue.

However, this may be too complicated for you to understand; but every day in recruiting has to be very important for NT.  Dead period or not; they have to determine what NT needs and who to go after.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Yeah, that Sun Belt ring is really going to impress recruits.  I am sure this was negotiated, so no issue.

However, this may be too complicated for you to understand; but every day in recruiting has to be very important for NT.  Dead period or not; they have to determine what NT needs and who to go after.  

I have more likes on my post than you do, so that means I win. Also last I checked, Wazzu was a Pac-12 school, not a Sun Belt school. 

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 13

I have more likes on my post than you do, so that means I win. Also last I checked, Wazzu was a Pac-12 school, not a Sun Belt school. 

Well, if you look at your overall score, I'm pretty sure that the people who have a rep of zero are winning over you. -469 is not exactly what we're looking for in life.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I know this is too complicated for you to understand, but if Harrell coaches the bowl game and Wazzu wins, then he will have a ring to show recruits. Plus, he still has a commitment to his previous employer and UNT isn't exactly having any epic recruiting battles and the dead period is almost here. Logically speaking, it's a good idea to coach the bowl game.

Lol. That national championship ring Dan McCarney sported didn't do a GD thing in recruiting. 

So stupid.

This has RV written all over it. We don't have squat for recruits, and now a 2nd year college assistant and a 1st year OC has to coach the freaking Sun Bowl? As a WR coach? 

There is a lot to do at his new job. 

This so seems like a Todd Dodge faux pas. 

Clear evidence of who is really running the offense in Pullman.

Lol. Leach is running the offense.

So dumb.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Arm chair coaches/ADs never cease to amaze me...

Lol. That national championship ring Dan McCarney sported didn't do a GD thing in recruiting. 

So stupid.

This has RV written all over it. We don't have squat for recruits, and now a 2nd year college assistant and a 1st year OC has to coach the freaking Sun Bowl? As a WR coach? 

There is a lot to do at his new job. 

This so seems like a Todd Dodge faux pas. 

Lol. Leach is running the offense.

So dumb.

People saying, "but I hope Littrell is communicating w/ him constantly"

Are you guys kidding me? Of course these coaches are communicating, and understand that everything that can be done during the dead period can be done through technology. It is ridiculous to think letting Harrell coach his bowl game is a stumble, or mistake by Littrell because things won't be able to get done satisfactory.

All the evaluations, recruiting plans, JUCO conversations, etc., can, and will be taken care of, regardless of where Harrell is via technology.

Plus, the whole "eye in the sky" reference came from Leach, when he was describing Harrell's role in the staff. That's a plus as to how valuable Leach believes him to be.

Lets not start making something out of nothing.

...and btw...I think RV should be fired b/c Apogee looks wet when it rains, and looks too dry when the sun comes out.

• Upvote 6

Arm chair coaches/ADs never cease to amaze me...

People saying, "but I hope Littrell is communicating w/ him constantly"

Are you guys kidding me? Of course these coaches are communicating, and understand that everything that can be done during the dead period can be done through technology. It is ridiculous to think letting Harrell coach his bowl game is a stumble, or mistake by Littrell because things won't be able to get done satisfactory.

All the evaluations, recruiting plans, JUCO conversations, etc., can, and will be taken care of, regardless of where Harrell is via technology.

Plus, the whole "eye in the sky" reference came from Leach, when he was describing Harrell's role in the staff. That's a plus as to how valuable Leach believes him to be.

Lets not start making something out of nothing.

...and btw...I think RV should be fired b/c Apogee looks wet when it rains, and looks too dry when the sun comes out.

right, something around a 145-278 record in revenue sports shouldn't ever get an AD fired. 

It doesn't at UNT, which is why we will continue to suck at everything.

If you think the same amount of evaluation of talent, contact with Litrell, introducing oneself to local high school coaches, and about a million other things can be done in Pullman. WA while preparing his current team for a bowl game, you are insane.

But then again you do think RV is doing a bang up job, so...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

It's not a major issue, but I don't understand why a WR coach is staying to coach a bowl. Head coaches who take new jobs often leave before the bowl. Harrell and all the other new UNT coaches need to hit the ground running. Giving up some more time to the old job is not helpful.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's not a major issue, but I don't understand why a WR coach is staying to coach a bowl. Head coaches who take new jobs often leave before the bowl. Harrell and all the other new UNT coaches need to hit the ground running. Giving up some more time to the old job is not helpful.

I think the reason is Littrell knows what he wants. Probably used UNTs board to say ok these 25 kids we are gunna look at 4 the rest scrap and let's start over.  I'm sure you will see us target many kids the SMU, tulsas, bowling greens of the world are targeting. Our HC and their HCs have similar philosophies.  I can't wait for December to end and the dead period to be lifted.  It's going to get wild and crazy around here and I for one am excited to see just who he can pull, flip and make a UNT super star.  They are out there don't be fooled. 

• Upvote 2

Giovanni Vizza didn't visit NT until 01/12/07 and didn't commit to NT until 01/23/07. He visited Nevada 01/19/07. Relax. We will get the guys we're gonna get whether Graham Harrell is in Denton right now or on December 27th.

Here is your reason why Harrell and maybe Filani will be staying with Wazzu until after the Sun Bowl. They might fly straight here from El Paso, who knows.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

It's beginning to smack to me of "it's just North Texas, we'll get to it when we get to it."  Dodge did the same thing.  Mucho attrition from his first recruiting class as well. 

• Upvote 2