What the hell is going on with Club Seats?

UNT90

So, I finally listen to the RV interview in the podcast. So many issues, but this is the one I'd like to address currently.

What the F is up with the club seats? Because RV didn't make anything clear in that interview. 

First, if RV is thinking about raising the price of the MGC donation after a 1-11, 5 home game season to which RV shares a huge portion of the blame, he should be fired on the spot. Talk about driving people away.

But not only does he talk about raising  the MGC donation level, he talks about giving people 5 years to pay it off! WTF is that about? That sounds like a one time bump of a SIGNIFICANT amount. Like to $5000 level. 

This is probably just RV again F'n something else up, but as a club seat holder, when are the planning on telling me about this increase? 

He also promised things being explained in person to every club seat holder. I'd bet the farm THAT never happens and just becomes something else the RV said because it sounded good at the time. 

I'll be waiting for that call.

If anyone can explain what the hell is going on with club seats, please post here, because RV sure as hell didn't in that interview.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

Marketing. Was an amazing job and I'm forever grateful for the people, experience and references.

This is a serious question, not sarcasm: Is that why you get so mad here -- because you think UNT athletics is doing good things and we don't recognize and/or appreciate it? Because from my perspective as a former Mean Green Club member, it seems like RV's department is the textbook definition of half-assed in almost everything it does. I feel like we should clean house in management. Bring in an AD from a program that knows how to build a booster club, serve season ticket holders, serve traveling fans and do other essential tasks.

• Upvote 6

• Harry locked and unlocked this topic

I worked for the AD.

Shocked.

Say what now?  Which podcast did you listen to?

About the 51 minute mark.

I don't think, I know they do. UNT is an incredibly difficult place to be successful at y'all don't realize that. So I just passive aggressively antagonize y'all because you have absolutely no inkling of reality in regards to North Texas athletics.

Everyone thinks they can do better than you.

This clears up a lot.

90 says he has no idea what RV said yet goes on a keyboard rant about it. 

Seems like a waste of time until you know the details.

Just me tho.

Well, considering he said the price of club seats was going up, but he would give people 4 to 5 years to pay the difference makes no sense.

Are you a club seat holder? If not, I understand why you don't care.

I'd like to hear from some club seat holders.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

I never hid that I worked for the AD. Helped me get my job. Forever grateful. Try and keep up.

still explains a lot. You aren't going to criticize a former employer from whom you still seek references for jobs.

Now I know where your opinions on the AD come from and know to ignore them. 

I'm assuming you are a MGC member?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

90 says he has no idea what RV said yet goes on a keyboard rant about it. 

Seems like a waste of time until you know the details.

Just me tho.

he said he would listen to the podcast and clearly did. As a recent grad who is looking to start moving up in the donation totem pole my goal is club level seats, with that podcast I'll stay at the measles $25 level until I can be shown by the department they take things seriously and not through 1 good hire. 

I was plenty successful at UNT, tbh. I helped get 22K for Rice and 26K for UTEP. I antagonize people plenty, look up the textbook definition of trolling. Also I'm not religious plz don't say blessed I'm offended

1. See definition number 6, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blessed?s=t

2. I'm not sure how one can make such a claim. You have proof of personal responsibility? and marketing is much MUCH more than 2 measley 22,000 some odd tickets.  Name recognition, Branding etc etc. I'm out.  There's no talking any logical sense with someone such as yourself.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I don't think, I know. There's a big difference. When I'm less than 20 miles from campus and in my part of the world Carrollton, Lewisville, Dallas, Allen, Frisco I see maybe one billboard.  Never see UNT personnel on HS campus, or even MS campus' can't get straight answers on tickets.  There was more "marketing" done by the AD with the recent hire than I can remember in quite some time. You don't antagonize anyone, you just look like a very insecure, immature __ year old. As a coach it's VERY easy to see programs (SMU, TCU, BAYLOR, ATM) who market their programs very effictively.  For one, create a catchy Hashtag for commits, your defense, your offense whatever it is. I won't continue to do their job for them on this board, but I will say that your statement makes NO sense.  Have a blessed evening and may you have more success in your new job than your old one. 

Plus 10k

Your definition of the department doing good things and mine or very different. 

yeah, pretty narrow minded seeing as how that was the most successful team we had in quite some time.  Heck people came out just to see what all the hubbub was about.  Also if HOD was 30 some odd K I'm shocked we had 26 K in Apogee for UTEP.  Wasn't that near the number we reported for the Apogee opener vs Houston? 

So you tweeted and put some posters up. Got it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I just listened to it.  I think what he's hinting at is that he wants people to commit to mean green club membership for X number of years and that the minimum annual membership contribution will likely be contingent on the number of years you commit.

There is absolutely no renewal on the stadium gift that we all paid (or in my case, are still paying) at the beginning of the club membership. 

I wouldn't be surprised, however, to see the minimum mean green club donation jump up to something like $1,000 a year.  That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I just listened to it.  I think what he's hinting at is that he wants people to commit to mean green club membership for X number of years and that the minimum annual membership contribution will likely be contingent on the number of years you commit.

There is absolutely no renewal on the stadium gift that we all paid (or in my case, are still paying) at the beginning of the club membership. 

I wouldn't be surprised, however, to see the minimum mean green club donation jump up to something like $1,000 a year.  That wouldn't surprise me at all.

is that stadium donation still a requirement or does that go away at some point? How bout this RV, I'll get club seats, you pay my student loans? Deal? Sweet lol I only kid, got a few more years to pay those off then it's on I'll be eating cheesecake like a champ! 

What have you ever done to help get more people at the stadium? I didn't even have a degree in marketing, just wanted to.

You wonder why it's a bunch of suburban dads on here. LOL

it's not my job to put butts in seats RV, that's what you got paid to do. However, I bring a group of friends anytime I can. I'm usually working Saturdays breaking down film and game planning, so I usually just watch on tv.  If I can I get to the game with as many people who will join me.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I don't think, I know they do. UNT is an incredibly difficult place to be successful at y'all don't realize that.

I see other programs with challenges as big -- or bigger -- than UNT finding more success than we do. USF began its football program in portable trailers in 1997, moved to I-A in 2001 and reached a No. 2 ranking in 2007. Is Denton a more difficult place to succeed than Tampa was for USF in 2001 when it moved up to I-A? Hell no.

I think UNT is an incredible difficult place to succeed because we're led by an AD who has created an institutional culture where excuses are OK. We were supposed to stop accepting our bad stadium as an excuse when we got out of Fouts, but RV is still using Fouts as an excuse today. He says we should accept our situation today because things were so much worse back in 2001 when he came along.

You worked in the athletics department and you're making excuses for our failures. I don't think that's a coincidence. That's the culture RV created.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Normally I would agree with the increase to $1000. But you just don't do that after the worst season in the history of the school. It's extremely bad business.

The long term commitment to the MGC doesn't make any sense, as you have to be a member every year to keep your seats. Also, I think that would have had to have been included in the initial contract. I haven't read it in 5 years, but don't remember that being in there. 

• Upvote 1

Normally I would agree with the increase to $1000. But you just don't do that after the worst season in the history of the school. It's extremely bad business.

I think everyone who gives a single dollar at all to UNT athletics should be considered a member of the Mean Green Club. It brings more people inside the effort, where they can be targeted for bigger donations over time. Use membership levels to encourage people to give more each year.

• Upvote 2

Jesus Christ, you are all nuts.  90 wasn't even being a tool in this thread and it turned into a bunch of monkeys flinging poo.  I don't have club seats, not even in state right now, but now I'd like to know if anyone has a real answer for his question.

• Upvote 5

Jesus Christ, you are all nuts.  90 wasn't even being a tool in this thread and it turned into a bunch of monkeys flinging poo.  I don't have club seats, not even in state right now, but now I'd like to know if anyone has a real answer for his question.

It's almost like he a coordinated hit squad set upon him...

• Upvote 2

It's almost like he a coordinated hit squad set upon him...

Led by a former "member" of the AD...

hmmmmmmm.

RV is really starting to sound like someone who just doesn't know what he is talking about.

I hope KingDL is right and is time is short.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Club seats presently require a minimum $500 annual mean green club donation.  Pardon my formatting. The mobile interface is brutally unforgiving.         Ithink everyone who gives a single dollar at all to UNT athletics should be considered a member of the Mean Green Club. It brings more people inside the effort, where they can be targeted for bigger donations over time. Use membership levels to encourage people to give more each year.

• Upvote 1