Confirmed: Graham Harrell to UNT

MeanGreenGlory

This is great news. 

I hope these new coaches know that they'll need to evaluate the team's needs and hit the recruiting trail hard immediately. Dodge lolligagged and it wound up ultimately destroying his collegiate coaching career.

Dodge's fall was due to coach selections, not players

• Upvote 6

9ckp6oZY.jpeg

"CF.C HAS CONFIRMED FootballScoop.com's report that first-year outside wide receivers coach Graham Harrell is leaving Washington State.  Harrell is becoming the offensive coordinator at North Texas, the source told CF.C"

Link: http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/story/1621775-source-wsu-s-graham-harrell-going-south?hootPostID=4fcd1559917bc5705e70864e2f673e18

I'm glad to know that name recognition is the biggest part of hiring an offensive coordinator.   I never knew that before.  So from a "first year OUTSIDE WIDE RECIEVERS COACH" to an Offensive Coordinator.....   That's the progression, that's the experience, that's the ideal!!!    Good to know that name recognition as the thing we hang our hat on!!!!

now, 100% support to coach Harrell, welcome aboard and let's kick some ass!!!!  I hope I am proven wrong and that coach Harrell, along with Littrell, really is the offensive guru we all want him to be. 

GMG.    Fire RV

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 15

I'm glad to know that name recognition is the biggest part of hiring an offensive coordinator.   I never knew that before.  So from a "first year OUTSIDE WIDE RECIEVERS COACH" to an Offensive Coordinator.....   That's the progression, that's the experience, that's the ideal!!!    Good to know that name recognition as the thing we hang our hat on!!!!

now, 100% support to coach Harrell, welcome aboard and let's kick some ass!!!!  I hope I am proven wrong and that coach Harrell, along with Littrell, really is the offensive guru we all want him to be. 

GMG.    Fire RV

Yeah, its worked out horribly for Sonny Cumbie.

2011-2012Texas Tech (IWR)
2013Texas Tech (Co-OC)
2014-presentTCU (Co-OC/QB)
Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 5

Good golly it's hard keeping up with all these multiple threads. 

Read the scout article and it made me feel a little better about this hire. 

Just come in, install Littrell's system, and teach this offense. Look good, get hired away, and I'll call this a success. 

• Upvote 4

I'm very pleased with the regional ties, family legacy, and his overall success in the game of football, but I have to play a little devil's advocate and say that he's easily one of the least experienced OC's that I've ever seen hired at a D1 school. A young staff can be an exciting thing and hopefully good for recruiting, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this is a home run hire or otherwise.

I just hope that we go with a little more proven experience with the rest of the staff. God forbid that we end up with the majority of our staff bogged down in an extended "TD-like" learning curve. Having said that, welcome aboard Graham, and get out there and find us some big-time aerial game tools ASAP!  

• Upvote 5

GMG.    Fire RV

I kinda had the same thought at first.  It seems like an awfully quick promotion.  I hope that's because he's qualified and not just for name recognition.  Although Littrell can probably afford to have a less seasoned OC since he's the offensive guru.  But I agree with others - I would like to see a much more seasoned DC, just to balance everything out.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, its worked out horribly for Sonny Cumbie.

2011-2012Texas Tech (IWR)
2013Texas Tech (Co-OC)
2014-presentTCU (Co-OC/QB)

Harrell stats

YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
CareerTexas Tech    1403201169.8157937.98.413434154.3
*2005Texas TechBig 12FRQB6375567.34227.78.830149.7
*2006Texas TechBig 12SOQB1341261766.845557.47.83811145.5
*2007Texas TechBig 12JRQB1351271371.857058.08.54814157.3
*2008Texas TechBig 12SRQB1344262670.651118.29.0459160.0

Cumbie stats

YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
CareerTexas Tech    46170465.551167.37.03319136.6
*2002Texas TechBig 12SOQB25683.3345.75.700130.9
*2003Texas TechBig 12JRQB6355662.53406.15.611115.8
*2004Texas TechBig 12SRQB1242164265.647427.47.13218138.5

not to mention Graham was a little more successful running the offense for center..

• Upvote 1