The First 48

MGNation92

That was really well done.   We grumble when the athletic department fouls up something.   We should compliment them when they get something right.   This was one of the 'get something right' things.

Completely agree.  This video is a great one and done very well.  Should be front and center on the football site if not already.  Love videos like this.  Nice work Athletics.

• Upvote 2

I thought this video was great. I really want him to succeed here--their family seems like a Norman Rockwell creation. Very nice representation for our school.

But every time I watch that video and see RV, it brings me right back to the fact that Seth Littrell is stuck with a horrible AD. If he can overcome that reality, then the sky is the limit for his coaching career. I want to believe Littrell is the right guy for the job--and he has certainly gotten off to the right start here, PR wise--but he has never dealt with limited resources and support as he currently has here now. He does seem like a pure coach, focused solely on the x's and o's and recruiting, so maybe he will just keep his nose to the ground and not let the stuff that drove McCarney insane eventually get to him to.

• Downvote 1

I hate to do this because the video is well done, but if you listened to the podcast it sounded like the only reason it happened was out of spite.

RV was talking about the coaching hiring process, then said they had to wait until the end of UNC's season. He then said "everyone" started saying negative things, why was it taking so long, and they were going to mess up this hire (obviously this board). So he decided that they were going to go all out and make this announcement a big deal to prove they really do a good job.

It sounded like he was saying, he didn't like that everyone says he and his team don't know what they are doing, so this time, they tried real hard and proved they do know what they are doing. The video, the Syndicate deal at the Union etc. was their response to that. To which I say, great do it all the time then.

Maybe that's not what he meant, but that's what it sounded like to me and it sounded weird.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I thought this video was great. I really want him to succeed here--their family seems like a Norman Rockwell creation. Very nice representation for our school.

But every time I watch that video and see RV, it brings me right back to the fact that Seth Littrell is stuck with a horrible AD. If he can overcome that reality, then the sky is the limit for his coaching career. I want to believe Littrell is the right guy for the job--and he has certainly gotten off to the right start here, PR wise--but he has never dealt with limited resources and support as he currently has here now. He does seem like a pure coach, focused solely on the x's and o's and recruiting, so maybe he will just keep his nose to the ground and not let the stuff that drove McCarney insane eventually get to him to.

uh uh what did RV do that drove Mc insane? It is obvious by the new hire and money being spent things have changed. Coach will be judged by wins RV doesn't impact it!

• Upvote 1