Devante Kincade - Transfer QB Target

James329

Dumb question but does football do the same thing as basketball and provide instant eligibility for players transferring to care for family?

I just wanted to thank god and the university of Mississippi for the opportunity to get a education, chase my dream and grow as a man. I ran into people and built relationship with people that I will never forget and memories that I will go back in time and do it all over again, But I am Transferring some where closer to Tx. And I could take care of my mom. I found Christ here at Olemiss by far the best achievement Of my life and I will never forgot the people that gave me advice through my tough times being away from home when I was loosing close ones. But Thank you @olemissathletics and #rebelNation for the support y'all are the best Travel everywhere !!!! To see the Rebs

• Upvote 2

Dumb question but does football do the same thing as basketball and provide instant eligibility for players transferring to care for family?

Yes, but it would take a medical hardship waiver process. The article doesn't specify what he means by take care of his mom. Does he mean take care as in be close to her and actually get to spend regular time with her, or if he means take care of her as she deals with some medical ailment.

If this is a hardship case and he were given immediate eligibility he would be able to play this year as a redshirt junior. If not he would have to sit out and wouldn't be eligible until 2017, in which case he would be in his last year of eligibility as a redshirt senior.

• Upvote 1

Yes please, this seems like a situation that could benefit both parties. I bet that this will be one of Littrell's first targets for sure. Good find. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Devante-Kincade-109745 

3-star recruit with offers from all over the place. 

• Upvote 1

Before we get too excited about the possibility of this very talent young man coming to North Texas, can we get practical? We once brought in a very good QB by the name of Vizza. He was an exceptional QB, but it turns out that we did not have an adequate number of O-linemen who were good enough to protect him so that he didn't have to run for his life just about every play. 

So for every big play QB/RB brought in could we also bring in a couple of O-lineman to give them the opportunity to make those big plays?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3

Before we get too excited about the possibility of this very talent young man coming to North Texas, can we get practical? We once brought in a very good QB by the name of Vizza. He was an exceptional QB, but it turns out that we did not have an adequate number of O-linemen who were good enough to protect him so that he didn't have to run for his life just about every play. 

So for every big play QB/RB brought in could we also bring in a couple of O-lineman to give them the opportunity to make those big plays. 

Let's take this one step at a time. At least we would have a QB not brought in by this previous staff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think that if people here don't recognize Vizza as a cautionary tale, then how about the Baylor team this year?

Who needs a cautionary tale? No one said this kid will single-handedly turn the program around, or that he could put up huge numbers without an o-line. We know it's a team sport.

It's the recruiting forum. This is a kid who has a really high chance of being recruited by UNT, as we track who Coach Littrell and the staff he brings in will recruit. That's all.

• Upvote 7

Vizza left because his father got pissed that Rick hired Dodge and his father thought Riley would start instead of his son. Dad pulled him out of school, he transferred to A&M and lasted 1 year on the scout team. Don't know why, he was a great QB at UNT and would have probably started every game regardless of Riley. 

• Upvote 1

Vizza left because his father got pissed that Rick hired Dodge and his father thought Riley would start instead of his son. Dad pulled him out of school, he transferred to A&M and lasted 1 year on the scout team. Don't know why, he was a great QB at UNT and would have probably started every game regardless of Riley. 

Dodge brought in Vizza

• Upvote 6

Dodge brought in Vizza

This is a fact Jack!

I would like to say that there are far too many naysayers on this board. I don't care how talented a kid is or how bad we have been. Every single kid is a possibility to come here until they choose another school and sign. Nothing is ever off the table, especially if you have a smooth salesman like Littrell. I fully expect for Littrell to go out there and flip some recruits and drag in some talent. Coach Mac left him a shit sandwich and Littrell is going to turn this into a sub

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is a fact Jack!

I would like to say that there are far too many naysayers on this board. I don't care how talented a kid is or how bad we have been. Every single kid is a possibility to come here until they choose another school and sign. Nothing is ever off the table, especially if you have a smooth salesman like Littrell. I fully expect for Littrell to go out there and flip some recruits and drag in some talent. Coach Mac left him a shit sandwich and Littrell is going to turn this into a sub

Hopefully you don't mean a shit sub! 

LOL

Think that UCF offer is still good?  
If Dykes gets his way & moves out of Berkley, will that Cal offer remain?  
Good chance Evans could be interested regardless of if we hire Smiley.  

Maybe we could get Smiley with a OC/TEs-HBs/Recruiting Coordinator tag, and still get Harrell with that funky tag Littrell had that put him over the OCs at UNC.  Then, if everything goes well and the offense blows up, Harrell moves on to a P5 somewhere, and Smiley should be educated enough in Littrell's system to step up and call plays.
(a guy can dream, right?)

• Upvote 1