y5NnhXhh.jpgHa! We were standing right next each other.

Holy crap, I was so zoned in and didn't really look around much. That, and I don't know many faces from the board. Feel free to say hi next time you see me, though! That, and I've got a serious case of "McCarney Neck" going on. Man, I need to fix my posture.

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 5

Holy crap, I was so zoned in and didn't really look around much. That, and I don't know many faces from the board. Feel free to say hi next time you see me, though! That, and I've got a serious case of "McCarney Neck" going on. Man, I need to fix my posture.

Sure thing! Also @TheWestie caught a pic of us doing our thing as well.

• Upvote 1

At the meet and greet, I asked him how old his daughter was, cause I have one myself. He said 2. I commented that she looked like she belonged in green and joked that luckily she seemed to have inherited her mother's looks like mine did. He said "As you can see, I'm a hell of a recruiter".

Will Muschamp in his presser today said the exact same thing. 

• Upvote 2

I don't remember the alma mater being as big a deal when I attended UNT from 1988 to 1991, and I was in student government and helped a friend become student body president, so I was at a lot of campus gatherings. It's cool to see it today. 

And (hopefully) our culture gets rebuilt one item at a time. I noticed that Coach Littrell and his wife were wearing a closer version of the correct school colors than RV.

I remember when Dennis Parker was hired, one of the first things he noticed was that the team did not know the words to the alma mater. So he made a point of them learning it, and going over and gathering in front of the band at the end of every home game and singing it. 

• Upvote 4

I remember when Dennis Parker was hired, one of the first things he noticed was that the team did not know the words to the alma mater. So he made a point of them learning it, and going over and gathering in front of the band at the end of every home game and singing it. 

Thanks for the explanation. I talked to my friend, who had been student body president in the late '80s, and he didn't remember ever performing the alma mater with all the gestures or even singing the alma mater. So kudos to Dennis Parker for breathing new life into that tradition in the early '90s.

• Upvote 1

And (hopefully) our culture gets rebuilt one item at a time. I noticed that Coach Littrell and his wife were wearing a closer version of the correct school colors than RV.

It was probably the best thing Parker ever did. We all had to learn the alma mater and sing it everyday at lunch during two-a-days. That way, all the freshmen had to learn it, too...

• Upvote 1

It was probably the best thing Parker ever did. We all had to learn the alma mater and sing it everyday at lunch during two-a-days. That way, all the freshmen had to learn it, too...

Idle curiosity, but which version did you learn.....

the original version "for we know our University is forever in the right", or the newest version "for we know our University is striving for the right"?

At the meet and greet, I asked him how old his daughter was, cause I have one myself. He said 2. I commented that she looked like she belonged in green and joked that luckily she seemed to have inherited her mother's looks like mine did. He said "As you can see, I'm a hell of a recruiter".

Will Muschamp in his presser today said the exact same thing. 

I loathe this line of thinking. Feels gross.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7