Littrell press conference thoughts

Harry

Completely different atmosphere than what we saw when Mac was hired.  He seems well grounded and very focused.  Gave respect to his former coaches but did not dwell on it.  Seems like a look forward type of guy that just doesn't have time for skepticism.   He is not a professional speaker but is thoughtful of each question and that makes him seem more sincere.  He seems to think about his responses to questions versus canned cliches.   You just get the feeling the guy is going places and it makes you want to be a part of it.  This will not be his last stop but that is ok if he makes us better while he is here.   I think he will be very successful at North Texas and I am extremely excited that he is our new head coach.  GMG!

Completely different atmosphere than what we saw when Mac was hired.  He seems well grounded and very focused.  Gave respect to his former coaches but did not dwell on it.  Seems like a look forward type of guy that just doesn't have time for skepticism.   He is not a professional speaker and that makes him seem more sincere.  He seems to think about his responses to questions versus canned cliches.   You just get the feeling the guy is going places and it makes you want to be a part of it.  This will not be his last stop but that is ok if he makes us better while he is here.   I think he will be very successful at North Texas and I am extremely excited that he is our new head coach.  GMG!

He turns us into TCU and gets Gary Patterson money I bet he would take a long look! Not much distance for travel between here and Muskogee where he is from.  I am just saying.  

Wow I can't believe we actually got this guy!! Incredible, I can't wait for Spring ball and to have the chance to watch this teams improvement! He pretty much avoided the Mid-term signee thing and said evaluating QB's etc etc and we would see more after Christmas.  That is encouraging.  

• Upvote 2

Can't believe someone already updated the coach's name.  I would expect this at most places, but have become to expect so much less.  It will be hard to see many of these names retained.  Maybe a couple.

Seth Littrell - Head Coach
Mike Canales - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Chris Cosh - Defensive Coordinator
Mike Grant - Wide Receivers/Recruiting Coordinator
Nick Quartaro - Assistant Head Coach - Tight Ends
Mike Simmonds - Offensive Line
Perry Carter - Safeties
Kevin Patrick - Defensive Line
LaMarcus Hicks - Cornerbacks
Tommy Perry - Running Backs/Special Teams Coordinator
Scott Conley - Director of Football Operations
Lewis Caralla - Strength Coach
Thomas Sheffield - Graduate Assistant
Brandin Byrd - Graduate Assistant
Mason Y'Barbo - Graduate Assistant
Nic Summerfield - Graduate Assistant
Kyler Hiatt - Graduate Assistant - Strength and Conditioning

It will definitely be an exciting off season.  Welcome aboard coach Littrell!

• Upvote 2

Wow I can't believe we actually got this guy!! Incredible, I can't wait for Spring ball and to have the chance to watch this teams improvement! He pretty much avoided the Mid-term signee thing and said evaluating QB's etc etc and we would see more after Christmas.  That is encouraging.  

I picked up on that immediately. It was a "no comment" type reply. I truly think from the rest of his response you could infer that he thinks he has a QB on the roster now for next year and his philosophy will be to recruit a HS QB every year to keep a normal flow in the pipeline. That's what I heard.

• Upvote 5

I picked up on that immediately. It was a "no comment" type reply. I truly think from the rest of his response you could infer that he thinks he has a QB on the roster now for next year and his philosophy will be to recruit a HS QB every year to keep a normal flow in the pipeline. That's what I heard.

You mean the Elite 11 QB we have on our roster that no one else could seem to get to play like an Elite 11 QB?  Yeah he probably doesn't have too many concerns.  I dont blame him, any coach worth their weight in salt would be able to adapt and change their plan around a QB of that talent.  I am excited to see what he will do with the kids he has. 

• Upvote 3

Is it common practice for the President to speak first then the AD at a Head Coaching announcement Press Conference?? 

Great question, if not could this be a sign it's really his hire?

I feel bad for you.  Why not have some hope?  This guy will turn the program around you can save this thread if you want. 

You are aware of the failings at this school over the last couple of decades, right? I haven't been a fan that long, but I can only imagine how much the long term guys have had to suffer through.

• Upvote 1

Great question, if not could this be a sign it's really his hire?

You are aware of the failings at this school over the last couple of decades, right? I haven't been a fan that long, but I can only imagine how much the long term guys have had to suffer through.

Meh, I understand that.  However, just looking at what this guy has done at every single college he has been to and the endorsements he has received from each player and coach he worked for?  He is a winner.  He will not accept no for an answer and will get results.  Call me a homer all you want but I can see us being bowl eligible next season.  He is that good of a coach and will bring in the same caliber of guys. 

• Upvote 4

You mean the Elite 11 QB we have on our roster that no one else could seem to get to play like an Elite 11 QB?  Yeah he probably doesn't have too many concerns.  I dont blame him, any coach worth their weight in salt would be able to adapt and change their plan around a QB of that talent.  I am excited to see what he will do with the kids he has. 

I wasn't advocating for any one player so much as stating my belief that there is talent there. We'll see how they respond to Littrell's offense and teaching but I think one will step up and do an acceptable job. I do think Smith has the inside track if he buys in and does what Littrell demands of him.

• Upvote 2

I feel bad for you.  Why not have some hope?  This guy will turn the program around you can save this thread if you want. 

my exact thought. Shit we had some bad hires and some bad years. Now let's move on and look forward to the future. We have nicest stadium in CUSA. Young energetic coach (not one just drawing pre retirement checks). And right in recruiting hot bed. Now let's go do the damn thing go mean green

• Upvote 1

Tommy Perry is following him on Twitter. Perhaps he is the only guy who is staying

IMO Perry's work and results will hold up to scrutiny. Unless Littrell has a buddy in mind for the job, he could do a lot worse than keeping Perry.

• Upvote 6

Trying to think about what he said that stands out to me the most.  A lot of things did stick out, particularly regarding recruiting like "they will know us" and "I will be going to them."  But the one thing that sticks out the most for me, I think..."I'm going to do it the right way, not the quick way."  I am extremely pleased by that, but it was a reminder for me to temper my expectations a little...we may not go bowling his first year in (although our odds are exponentially better now, IMO).  I just need to steel my resolve and allow some time for his program to develop.

• Upvote 3