Seth LIttrell on KNTU at 12:30 p.m. (88.1 FM)

Harry

I was literally going to comment on RV's mouth breathing and almost certainty sleep apnea. RV just confirmed his mouth taco cheese breathing self struggles for O2 at night. 

going out on a limb...you're a big fan of Nickleback, right? 

uhh no. No jazz no hiphop no opera. That's bout it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My thoughts:

- Family guy play is not an act (notice his comfort level once his daughter ran up and his opening comments about his family)

- He has a great idea of his staff already (he mentioned the amount of calls he has received to date)

- Sounds like he and the team had an open conversation and you can infer it was truthful (watch is face before he speaks about the team meeting)

- This guy is REAL, no nonsense and doesn't dwell on the past.  I bet he played fullback ;). Perfect guy for this situation.  

I liked a lot about the presser. He has youthful confidence and was in command, his talk about the offense he wants to run is exciting and his family is charming. His daughter stole the show.

But I didn't see the kind of dynamic personality where you believe a coach is going to wow recruits and their parents to get players to buy into his vision. He seems more no-nonsense and hard working, and I wonder whether he's got the salesman gene at all.

He seems to put a particular emphasis on coach/player camaraderie and respect, reaching out to former players and presenting a united front inside the locker room. All good.

The bottom line to me is whether he can get the horses to run his kind of offense. If he can, he'll have some success here early. If not, it'll feel like the start of this season when Coach Mac's up-tempo meant the fastest three-and-outs in the FBS.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts:

- Family guy play is not an act (notice his comfort level once his daughter ran up and his opening comments about his family)

- He has a great idea of his staff already (he mentioned the amount of calls he has received to date)

- Sounds like he and the team had an open conversation and you can infer it was truthful (watch is face before he speaks about the team meeting)

- This guy is REAL, no nonsense and doesn't dwell on the past.  I bet he played fullback ;). Perfect guy for this situation.  

Some additional thoughts:

-  He became very uncomfortable when the question came in from Vito asking WHY he would want to come here after all of the failures over the past 10 years.  The rest of the Q/A session was very subdued.  I'm sure he was not expecting a question like that (negative connotation as to why the UNT HC job is a good opportunity) from the team's beat writer.  I hope this was not trepidation.

- You can tell he was super-nervous delivering that speech.  Once he got off his script, he became more confident.

- Didn't sound like he was too impressed with anyone currently on staff.  "I already have a good idea..."

• Upvote 1

I was literally going to comment on RV's mouth breathing and almost certainty sleep apnea. RV just confirmed his mouth taco cheese breathing self struggles for O2 at night. 

uhh no. No jazz no hiphop no opera. That's bout it. 

I weep for the future...especially if you admit that you listen to "music" known as Red Dirt Country while hating jazz.  It's one of the two consistent errors in judgement Jub makes.  The other is his propensity to defend boy bands. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2