Houston terminates contract with CSC immediately after game

3 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

I can see pretty much all of your points if they're cops.  And if they aren't, then yes, one could still reasonably expect some form of consequences.  But those consequences should not be in excess of the amount of authority granted to personnel.  So getting kicked out, banned, detained, fined, etc., yes.  But when detention isn't possible or likely, beating the crap out of someone isn't a reasonable substitution, especially when the personnel are not police officers and are therefore incapable of charging the attendee with resisting or evading arrest.

Does that summarize what works and doesn't about both sides well enough?

Yep, it sure does. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, SilverEagle said:

And now you get to educate everyone.........?

Ya, it's tough being me... 

Maybe I shoulda let Greenit take over for a while...

But seriously, hopefully this keeps some college youngsters from doing something that could affect them for years. 

Knowing the consequences before you make your choice is important. Hopefully at least one young person knows now and will choose wisely. 

Changing the world, one poster at a time. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Ya, it's tough being me... 

Maybe I shoulda let Greenit take over for a while...

But seriously, hopefully this keeps some college youngsters from doing something that could affect them for years. 

Knowing the consequences before you make your choice is important. Hopefully at least one young person knows now and will choose wisely. 

Changing the world, one poster at a time. ?

Well, if I have any Alien ales this fall, I'll save some for you. The other thing that's just as concerning is that their behavior, criminal or not, on social media can have long term consequences.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, pastorgrant said:

26 minutes ago, pastorgrant said:

I'd like to know

If people only knew for 100% fact what they post and say...Anyone can paste law shiatt...people say it's interpretation ...is it law or interpretation of law? Do you read in between the lines or not? Hell...if I know

Watching yall go back and forth is making me want to drink more...very entertaining

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, THOR said:

If people only knew for 100% fact what they post and say...Anyone can paste law shiatt...people say it's interpretation ...is it law or interpretation of law? Do you read in between the lines or not? Hell...if I know

Watching yall go back and forth is making me want to drink more...very entertaining

This reminds me of a joke:

What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino?

Elephino.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THOR said:

Perhaps what might be even more entertaining to some is that I was never defending the people who were rushing the field. The whole time I have been condemning the actions of the security guard who thought it was proper to punch one of those people. Twice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Here is a little Texas Penal Code Education for you:

38.03.  RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.

• (b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.
  • (c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
  • (d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search

And for those who broke free and ran at the HOD bowl:

38.04.  EVADING ARREST OR DETENTION. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally flees from a person he knows is a peace officer attempting lawfully to arrest or detain him.

• (b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is:
    • (1) a state jail felony if:
    • (A) the actor has been previously convicted under this section; or
    • (B) the actor uses a vehicle while the actor is in flight and the actor has not been previously convicted under this section;
    • (2) a felony of the third degree if:
    • (A) the actor uses a vehicle while the actor is in flight and the actor has been previously convicted under this section; or
    • (B) another suffers serious bodily injury as a direct result of an attempt by the officer from whom the actor is fleeing to apprehend the actor while the actor is in flight; or
    • (3) a felony of the second degree if another suffers death as a direct result of an attempt by the officer from whom the actor is fleeing to apprehend the actor while the actor is in flight.
  • (c) In this section, "vehicle" has the meaning assigned by Section 541.201, Transportation Code.
  • (d) A person who is subject to prosecution under both this section and another law may be prosecuted under either or both this section and the other law.

Feel free to continue this argument with the Texas Penal Code for as long as you like. 

"Peace officer" means a person elected, employed, or appointed as a peace officer under Article 2.12, Code of Criminal Procedure, Section 51.212 or 51.214, Education Code, or other law.

This does not apply to CSC.

4 hours ago, Eastwood Eagle said:

"Peace officer" means a person elected, employed, or appointed as a peace officer under Article 2.12, Code of Criminal Procedure, Section 51.212 or 51.214, Education Code, or other law.

This does not apply to CSC.

Which was never my argument, no matter how many of you wanted it to be. I'm talking about what I observed at the HOD bowl.

If you rush the field, you are committing a the crime of criminal trespass, especially if told not to do so by security or police. Don't demand zero consequences for breaking the law.

7 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Perhaps what might be even more entertaining to some is that I was never defending the people who were rushing the field. The whole time I have been condemning the actions of the security guard who thought it was proper to punch one of those people. Twice.

And my point was bad things happen when you break the law. I'm not condoning what the security guard did, but that person doesn't get punched if they don't break the law. Their actions led to that end, no matter how wrong that end may be.

Dont make stupid decisions.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

And my point was bad things happen when you break the law. I'm not condoning what the security guard did, but that person doesn't get punched if they don't break the law. Their actions led to that end, no matter how wrong that end may be.

Dont make stupid decisions.

And this is so true in far more circumstances than just rushing a football field.

Just got caught up on this thread.  Makes me think of something I tell my children all the time.  Everyone has choices to make and those choices come with consequences.  I would never rush the field and then cry if I was issued a ticket or worse, arrested.  I knew what I was doing and I accepted the potential consequences.  Hell that is half the fun of rushing field in the first place. As for the CSC guys tackling and punching guys that was clearly a inappropriate use of force.  Sounds like a court decided the same.

And UNT90 you have to get a chuckle and then hopefully take pause when a man of the cloth has clearly had his fill of you.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

And UNT90 you have to get a chuckle and then hopefully take pause when a man of the cloth has clearly had his fill of you.

As I am sure the good Pastor would tell you, a man of the cloth is still a man, subject to every human frailty just like the rest of us. It doesn't give me pause when any man that doesn't know me passes Internet judgement on me. I'm not worried about man, after all. 

• Downvote 3

21 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

As I am sure the good Pastor would tell you, a man of the cloth is still a man, subject to every human frailty just like the rest of us. It doesn't give me pause when any man that doesn't know me passes Internet judgement on me. I'm not worried about man, after all. 

0.jpg

On February 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM, UNTFan23 said:

I don't understand the free pass that is given when it comes to name calling by certain individuals on this message board.

Neither do I, but I do have a good idea why.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3