Houston terminates contract with CSC immediately after game

My girlfriend got roughed up a bit trying to rush the field for the Heart of Dallas bowl. I think that was Dallas police though. 

Your girlfriend committed a criminal offense. If she pulled away from a police officer, she committed another. 

You are lucky you didn't have to bond her out of jail.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 22

This need is screaming for a heartfelt sensible effort to come in and compete.  Joint company venture anyone?  They are hateful and I have had my run ins with the criminals at partially filled apogee before. 

There are so many that could do this better.

gmg

• Upvote 1

Your girlfriend committed a criminal offense. If she pulled away from a police officer, she committed another. 

You are lucky you didn't have to bond her out of jail.

I wouldn't go that far but training definitely should be better in these types of situations. Crowd control is a tough situation, especially with drunk fans. 

tumblr_lza9umRPuF1qlconpo1_500.gif

haha! I do think the idea of her getting arrested for that is pretty funny though. Considering I got on the field past several police who just watched us with no problem. She definitely didn't pull away and I think was just getting on the field to find my drunk ass. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

haha! I do think the idea of her getting arrested for that is pretty fun though. Considering I got on the field past several police who just watched us with no problem. She definitely didn't pull away and I think was just getting on the field to find my drunk ass. 

You could have been arrested for Public Intoxication and criminal trespass. The fact that they chose not to enforce the law doesn't mean you didn't violate it.

It was dumb. You weren't at Apogee, and it was posted to stay off the field,   You are lucky you didn't do something that affect your future.

But, at the same time, much respect.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 15

You could have been arrested for Public Intoxication and criminal trespass. The fact that they chose not to enforce the law doesn't mean you didn't violate it.

It was dumb. You weren't at Apogee, and it was posted to stay off the field,   You are lucky you didn't do something that affect your future.

For sure, but memories. All I'm saying is most of the police officers were cool and understood this was a cool moment for us. I think there's an inherit risk with these contractor security groups that they will not have the proper training to deal with these situations. 

• Upvote 3

At the HOD Bowl the two guards at the staircase in our section requested that the fans wait until the UNLV team had a chance to congratulate the winners and vacate the field. They then invited everyone down the steps, even reminding them to be careful and hold onto the handrail.

As for the CSC Event Services at North Texas, I have never had any run-in with them but they tend to make Apogee Stadium an over-enforced less pleasant place to attend a game. I wish that North Texas would follow Houston's lead and also terminate their contract immediately.

• Upvote 5

I'm really glad '90 ain't a cop.  Most law enforcement show common sense in the enforcement of laws - some don't.   

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Typical of the young generation. Break a law and take no accountability for your own behavior.

I'm really glad '90 ain't a cop.  Most law enforcement show common sense in the enforcement of laws - some don't.   

So you want to gamble on who will enforce a law and who won't? Good luck with that. The much safer path is to not break a law. Over a silly football game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

At the HOD Bowl the two guards at the staircase in our section requested that the fans wait until the UNLV team had a chance to congratulate the winners and vacate the field. They then invited everyone down the steps, even reminding them to be careful and hold onto the handrail.

I think this was a great response by the police.  I believe fans should never rush the field but i it has become a bit of a tradition and it's very difficult to hold back a large group of people without causes more issues like in this video.  

• Upvote 3

Typical of the young generation. Break a law and take no accountability for your own behavior.

I wouldn't call those out-of-control security guards the younger generation.

Stadium staff manage to handle the heinous crime of students running on the field all over the U.S. without dispensing Rodney King beatdowns.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meh...

They were most likely ordered to keep fans off the field. Dumb order. Dumb response.

I have read that that HPD was telling CSC to allow the students to come on to the field and that Dr. Khator was also encouraging students on to the field.

CSC was totally out of line and is appropriately feeling the ramifications, and hopefully a lawsuit will soon commence. 

• Upvote 1

That's not a law to not rush the field. It's stadium policy. But not a law, gramps.

Doesn't matter what you think, CSC had their contract terminated and this person will be charged with assault.

Ok, child, we were talking about the HOD bowl, and no trespassing sign were posted. Also, most jurisdictions with stadiums have a city ordinance stating that you can't rush the field.

Furthermore, it's private property, toddler. If you are told to leave, or not to enter by the owner or someone acting on his behalf (security), and you do so anyway, you have committed criminal trespass, a class B misdemeanor. One step above a traffic ticket and something that stays on your criminal record.

Now infant, please do what you want, but if you lose your job and screw up your future, don't blame security or the police.

Look in the mirror.

Really? I don't think it is that big of a stretch.

irltttdmd2eirlelow7l.gif

This reminds me of Kingdl's parking disputes at old Fouts Field...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

At the HOD yes, because there were police there as well. In Houston there were not many cops and they were not keeping people off the field. No signs either. So it's not criminal, because there is no signage and it's not posted. In fact, if there are no signs and you leave when asked, it's not illegal at all. But you know, whatever. Keep supporting police and fake police brutality.

When security, who represents ownership, tells you not to come on the field, and you do it anyway, you have committed criminal trespass, signs or no signs. 

And you keep on supporting lack of accountability for your generation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5