Calling it right now

Harry

Every year, we find out about QB's who have graduated with their degree but still have one year of eligibility left and can immediately transfer to an FBS program.  La. Tech has done this twice now, and UAB had one the year before.  It CHANGES program fortunes in C-USA.  It is honestly the biggest game changer you can have.

My guess is that we will see something similar here with Littrell. He will find a guy who can run this offense while trying to recruit the best freshman he can find.

UAB's QB was actually a juco transfer, but I do think a head transfer is an option we might explore. Especially if we don't get a juco QB in the week that we have to get one. Alec Morris from Alabama is a guy to watch. I would think Morris would want a young QB to build around, but he may not have that luxury in year 1.

Edited by BillySee58

Elliott redshirted this year & would have to sit out another year if he transferred here. I've heard he's unhappy at UNC but don't know if he's willing to sit again. 

I would  think that sitting and waiting just a few miles away from home would be much more tolerable than being unhappy in your situation 1196* miles from home for another year or more.

And then there is the situation where he choose to play football 1196 miles away from home instead of going with more local offers.......who ever they were.

And yes, I looked it up on Google maps.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5

I would  think that sitting and waiting just a few miles away from home would be much more tolerable than being unhappy in your situation 1196* miles from home for another year or more.

And then there is the situation where he choose to play football 1196 miles away from home instead of going with more local offers.......who ever they were.

And yes, I looked it up on Google maps.

+1 for the google map

I think Nathan Elliott would be crazy to leave Chapel Hill to come here, JMO.

I'm against signing a 1 year transfer. It will be a tough sell and there is not enough talent here to be in bowl contention next season. Waste of a scholarship IMO.

If there is one still available, sign a quality HS QB to redshirt, then start working on quarterbacks in class of 2017.

It will take some time to get rid of the losing stinch around here.  There's nothing to make me believe  a QB from here is going to want to come here at this time.  

Rick

i don't know a new coach that wants to throw the ball...can start right away.... who likes hot chicks............at a great university?

• Upvote 1

Any reason for that opinion?

I just think he's only been on campus a short time and is redshirting, there is no reason to believe he is buried on the depth chart.

He's on the #10 team in the country playing for an ACC championship, going to school in beautiful Chapel Hill,  and will get a degree from UNC.

If he is truly unsettled and wants to follow the coach that recruited him to a school much closer to home, I am all for it don't get me wrong. I would love to have him.

• Upvote 1

You guys really need to put the pipe down. No way this guy leaves a UNC team in the hunt for a playoff birth the next few years to one of the worst FBS programs in the country. Just not happening. Littrell will have to hit the recruiting trail really hard & find a JUCO guy plus several freshman. Demarcus Smith should be the only QB on this roster to get a shot during camp. Everyone else should be moved to other positions or get a pat on the back as they transfer out....

• Upvote 3

You guys really need to put the pipe down. No way this guy leaves a UNC team in the hunt for a playoff birth the next few years to one of the worst FBS programs in the country. Just not happening. Littrell will have to hit the recruiting trail really hard & find a JUCO guy plus several freshman. Demarcus Smith should be the only QB on this roster to get a shot during camp. Everyone else should be moved to other positions or get a pat on the back as they transfer out....

I have no clue about the Tarheel Depth Chart but what makes you think he is going to play with in the next 3 years?

I have no clue about the Tarheel Depth Chart but what makes you think he is going to play with in the next 3 years?

Don't know his chances of cracking the starting lineup, especially now that they'll be changing OC's. However, kids don't go P5 without a sense of reality that they would probably ride the pine for some of their time there. If playing time were at the top of his list he certainly wouldn't have gone to UNC with Marquise Williams there. 

Edited by Got5onIt

It would seem that Littrell may choose to follow the route that Holtz and co. have followed in the last few years by getting FBS graduate transfer(s) who are eligible immediately. This on top of signing a couple of QB's (maybe as many as 1 juco and 2 high school kids) would solidify the position for years to come.

I have zero doubt in Seth's (and his staff's) ability to identity, recruit, and develop bona fide QB talent. This will be a very welcome change that we haven't seen around here under McCarney.

Don't know his chances of cracking the starting lineup, especially now that they'll be changing OC's. However, kids don't go P5 without a sense of reality that they would probably ride the pine for some of their time there. If playing time were at the top of his list he certainly wouldn't have gone to UNC with Marquise Williams there. 

I disagree why do the power fives have some many very good qb who are sitting on the bench because two other better qb are ahead of them. I would rather play than sit on a bench.  I think most qb think they are the best,they need that attitude to be a qb, so they all think i will start.

Let me throw a bit of cold water on this QB talk.  We once had a offensive genius here and he recruited a very good QB by the name of Vizza. He was a very productive QB and looked to have a very good career here at North Texas, except that he had to always run for his life and when he did stand and throw the ball he got beat up pretty bad.

So what does that tell us about priorities? 

Edited by SilverEagle