MGB breaking news -- UNT to consider contract for new coach

Brett Vito

FYI - the call is at 4pm  

Is it really?  Honestly, I'm glad it's before their game.  Lol

Everything we do at UNT is bizarre, compared to the rest of the college football landscape. 

Thought dominoes:  UNT is weird.  Keep Denton Beard.  I wonder if Litrell would grow a beard...
Christopher Walker, any insight on this?

• Upvote 4

The meeting was catered by Jimmy John's.

On a serious note: why the sensitivity around this hire and it being so private? I don't remember so many people from the AD trying to keep other hires (or the process to make one) so hush-hush.

Might this sensitivity have anything to do with RV's job security?

I'm feeling pretty good about this. Even if someone like ECU tried to steal him, I think our proximity to Oklahoma is major deterrent from going elsewhere. 

Are his parents, in-laws, siblings and such located there? If so, that could certainly be a drawing point. Even Mac probably enjoyed that straight and mostly traffic free shot up to Iowa.

Are his parents, in-laws, siblings and such located there? If so, that could certainly be a drawing point. Even Mac probably enjoyed that straight and mostly traffic free shot up to Iowa.

His dad Jim lives in Oklahoma and was a great player for OU:

All in the Genes Littrell Carries on Family Tradition as OU Fullback

Is it really?  Honestly, I'm glad it's before their game.  Lol

Thought dominoes:  UNT is weird.  Keep Denton Beard.  I wonder if Litrell would grow a beard...
Christopher Walker, any insight on this?

I'm wondering more if he'll like the bar culture and take on some Buick-isms... His wife Becca and kids sound nice...may be a deterrent to the former thought...

UNT is in position to finalize its decision on a new coach on Saturday. The school’s board of regents is required to approve contracts that exceed $1 million.

Well, at least we now know the range of $1.2M wasn't just word of mouth. 

• Upvote 2