2016 Season Tickets

rws69

It seems early, but I received email announcing 2016 season tickets today. Price per ticket is lower than 2015, and select groups (recent alumni, for example) will have access to discounted tickets in prime sections.

DENTON - Season tickets for 2016 North Texas football season are now on sale through the Mean Green athletics ticket office.

North Texas will play a six-game home schedule, and season tickets are available for as little as $60 for general admission to $160 for premium reserved seats. The price per ticket for 2016 is decreased from last season, with premium reserved sideline seating priced at under $27 per game as opposed to $28 per game in 2015.

Previously, recent graduates, faculty, staff and letter winners could purchase discounted season tickets in the Sideline reserved sections, but for the 2016 season those discounts are also offered in the Priority 1, Priority 2, Sideline, and End Zone reserved-seat sections.

Families can once again take advantage of the Ultimate Mean Green Fan Pack, which offers season tickets for $125 each and include a $10 concession voucher for each game.

The Mean Green will open the season against Metroplex rival SMU on Sept. 3 at Apogee Stadium, followed by a second non-conference home game against Bethune-Cookman, which posted a 9-2 record in 2015. North Texas will also host four Conference USA opponents at Apogee in 2016.

The Mean Green will open the season against Metroplex Villian SMU on Sept. 3 at Apogee Stadium, followed by a second non-conference home game against Bethune-Cookman, which posted a 9-2 record in 2015. North Texas will also host four Conference USA opponents at Apogee in 2016.

Changed it for you.

Do you know if we will get another parking pass for the Conference USA championship game? You know since this years one came in handy. Does anyone know if that will work in WKU?

• Upvote 2

I didn't get a season ticket thing, but I did get a nifty mean green club four panel cardboard brochure that explains all the giving levels and benefits.  Much to my surprise, one of the benefits is "Honors Club Access for Men's & Women's Basketball," which I interpret to be the super secret mean green room.  Access begins at the $10,000 level.

Parking in the green/white/black lots are now at the $2,500

Parking for basketball is at the $500 level.  I don't recall that I've ever paid to park at a basketball game.  Are they charging for that now?

No news on what the club tickets will cost next year, but they seem to remain fairly constant on a per game amount.  It's the guest passes that keep going up.

Edit:  I post this as a positive thing.  I don't think I've ever received anything in the mail that so clearly spells out what mean green club membership is, complete with nifty form to donate today and specific dates when donations are due for the fiscal year.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

It is early, but Im guessing they're trying to "ride the hype" and get a head-start because a new coach is coming on board.   Honestly, I have no problem with getting the word out early.  Seems like EVERYTHING the A Dept is always running about 3 weeks behind the rest of the world.    RV needs to set his alarm a little earlier and get a head start on the rest of the world...."Wakey Wakey, let go of snakey....."  

• Upvote 2

Parking for basketball is at the $500 level.  I don't recall that I've ever paid to park at a basketball game.  Are they charging for that now?

You used to get a nice laminated pass that got you into the semi-reserved sub-lot (right instead of left when you turned in to the parking lot at Fouts, right by the covered shuttle bus stop). I don't think many people qualified for it, because the attendant moving the access blocking orange cone always seemed surprised when you'd pull up to park there. 

Parking elsewhere in Fouts was always free, but this largely guaranteed you a convenient spot that wasn't way down the frontage road of I-35, even if you arrived shortly before tipoff for a premium game. 

It was nice. I'd say I miss it... But I've learned that you don't have a hard time finding parking on UNT game nights when your car is staying comfortably parked in your own garage. 

I had to miss two games again this last season. One for health reasons and one for something I had to do with my daughter. Last, year I think I actually missed three because of health reasons. Think I am going to have to do single tickets this next season. I will still donate the $250. Lastly, I wish there were more handicap parking. I can barely walk around the stadium to my seating from the parking lot. They need to address this. I am in the same boat at other stadiums at B12 schools, but a school like ours that is begging at times to get people in the seats should figure something out and help the broken man and woman out there. Tired of parking on the moutain and walking in the snow both ways...

brokeback_zps5wu5gtzl.jpg

Edited by North Texas Shep

I had to miss two games again this last season. One for health reasons and one for something I had to do with my daughter. Last, year I think I actually missed three because of health reasons. Think I am going to have to do single tickets this next season. I will still donate the $250. Lastly, I wish there were more handicap parking. I can barely walk around the stadium to my seating from the parking lot. They need to address this. I am in the same boat at other stadiums at B12 schools, but a school like ours that is begging at times to get people in the seats should figure something out and help the broken man and woman out there. Tired of parking on the moutain and walking in the snow both ways...

brokeback_zps5wu5gtzl.jpg

I think you are confusing the meaning of Brokeback Mountain. I like where your heart is but I don't think it's on Brokeback Mountain. I can't stop laughing. We need to get you better parking and a viewing of this film. Good stuff. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 6

I think the timing has to do with the end of the year. If you donate to the Mean Green Club now, you can use it as a deduction for your 2015 taxes, but get the benefits for the 2016 season. This is the time of year people are looking for last minute deductions if they came up short. 

I think you are confusing the meaning of Brokeback Mountain. I like where your heart is but I don't think it's on Brokeback Mountain. I can't stop laughing. We need to get you better parking and a viewing of this film. Good stuff. 

I'm thinking Shep has seen BBM quite a few times, don't you worry about him!

• Upvote 1

I'm already getting déja vu.

That game is already making me nervous. However, if we play FCS teams they need to be good. Would rather not play them at all though.

Just to make sure... You know I was joking, right? 

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 1

I recieved emails, phone calls, and letter mail. It's a modern day Mean Green miracle. 

*This probably puts me in the 5th percentile. Step your game up athletic department. No reason as to why every single business in Denton county can't be a sponsor to Mean Green athletics. If the team is good, business will be good. 

I didn't get a season ticket thing, but I did get a nifty mean green club four panel cardboard brochure that explains all the giving levels and benefits.  Much to my surprise, one of the benefits is "Honors Club Access for Men's & Women's Basketball," which I interpret to be the super secret mean green room.  Access begins at the $10,000 level.

No news on what the club tickets will cost next year, but they seem to remain fairly constant on a per game amount.  It's the guest passes that keep going up.

Edit:  I post this as a positive thing.  I don't think I've ever received anything in the mail that so clearly spells out what mean green club membership is, complete with nifty form to donate today and specific dates when donations are due for the fiscal year.

Wow. It becomes known and there is a reaction.

Shocking...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That game is already making me nervous. However, if we play FCS teams they need to be good. Would rather not play them at all though.

I believe that public perception is that FCS teams aren't very good in comparison with FBS.   For that reason, I'd prefer the FCS teams we play not be very good.  Do we really get much credit for beating a good FCS school?   I don't think so.  It's unrealistic, but I think a lot of the spare to fair fans think that the worst FBS team should be one notch better than the best FCS team.  

If we play an FCS school, I'd rather we destroy them.  

• Upvote 1

Did you notice that the limit on season tickets is now 5? This seems like a change and a lot of us that were bringing larger groups now will have to figure something else out?