More than 3,000 students expected to graduate during UNT commencement ceremonies Dec. 11, 12

Harry

More than 3,000 students are expected to receive degrees from the University of North Texas during the fall 2015 commencement ceremonies, which will take place Dec. 11 and 12 (Friday and Saturday) on the UNT campus.

View the full article

I thought they stopped commencements outside of the May commencement and everyone walked at that one regardless of when you graduated?

I thought they stopped commencements outside of the May commencement and everyone walked at that one regardless of when you graduated?

Not quite.

They've stopped having the huge University-wide commencement in the Summer and Fall. They will now have one University-wide commencement in May where nobody walks the stage. It's just a guest speaker and a little more pomp and circumstance and everyone separated by degree type.

However, those wanting to have their name called and walk the stage will still have a commencement ceremony with their respective college (Engineering, Arts & Science, Journalism, etc . . .) and those will take place in May and December.

Hope that clears it up a bit. 

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 3

I was a December grad. I remember having a COBA graduation in the auditorium and then a "biggie" in the Super Pit. That was so long ago we used torches for light and the buffet at the reception was a mastadon carcass.

• Upvote 4

FIFY

Not really. One of the primary responsibilities of the AD is to develop a donating fund from the alum of the university. We (you) can blame the BOR all day and night, but the facilities are there, the salaries are there, the desire to win is there from everyone on the outside looking in. We have put together intrical pieces of the puzzle, but our hires have been dead beats. That falls on 1 man. The fundraising is absolutely pitiful. That falls on 1 man. 

Your argument might be (and rightfully so) that the BOR is enabling RV and propping him up. That may be valid. Either way, RV has to go and he has to go as soon as possible. He is a hindrance to this University. A canker sore, so to speak. And to be honest, any coach worth his salt would be bat shit crazy to take an athletic job at this University. That alone makes me skeptical of whoever does get hired. 

• Upvote 4

Not really. One of the primary responsibilities of the AD is to develop a donating fund from the alum of the university. We (you) can blame the BOR all day and night, but the facilities are there, the salaries are there, the desire to win is there from everyone on the outside looking in. We have put together intrical pieces of the puzzle, but our hires have been dead beats. That falls on 1 man. The fundraising is absolutely pitiful. That falls on 1 man. 

Your argument might be (and rightfully so) that the BOR is enabling RV and propping him up. That may be valid. Either way, RV has to go and he has to go as soon as possible. He is a hindrance to this University. A canker sore, so to speak. And to be honest, any coach worth his salt would be bat shit crazy to take an athletic job at this University. That alone makes me skeptical of whoever does get hired. 

I would place him more as a rash between the nutsack & legs. More like jock itch.....